CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Goes ok? Can't say I've noticed him
He's average but has some potential, not the best defender but probably better than Naden. We just need someone that knows how to play centre and can do a job on minimal $$$.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
To be honest. I think major surgery happens after we get past this lot of great teams. I’d like to see Hoppa dropped and cotric play his natural side of the field in the centres. Doorey will get his chance as soon as round 11 comes. I’d prefer trying Wakeham at 5/8th and moving averillo to the utter centre position or wing.

but seriously until we get a half decent hooker we are stuffed. I’d be shifting earth to get Brandon smith over. Whatever it takes. Those signings we have next year may just encourage players sitting on the fence to rethink where our squad is going. Just need to hit that hooker spot.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Barrett thought a left edge of Cotric and Carr will work.. Though surely throwing him in at right centre is worth a shot before giving him the JAC walk in spot.
Yes mate I have always been a big believer in right hand players playing on the right - especially at centre. I used to watch Josh Morris in origin and he barely broke a tackle when they played him at right centre because he carried the ball in his left hand.

I do think Avo went ok at left centre though because he has a swerve as opposed to a fend. A bit like Michael Jennings without the roids

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Baz admits he can't coach an Aust rep winger to play centre, after 4 games, when he knew he knew Cotric was bought to play there :(

May be this is just temporary till the team gets on their feet.
I hope it's not. Cotric played for NSW because he's a great winger. I'd rather see him play his natural position and do what he does best than to try and make him something he's not just because he's paid a certain wage or wants to play centres. Four games was enough to see that he's not a centre. It's the right call in my opinion.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why do people keep suggesting Wakeham? Have they seen how much he's regressed and struggling in Reserves? Lewis has outperformed him massively and jumped ahead of Wakeham in the pecking order which tells you how much Wakeham is struggling..

I was hopeful for Wakeham two years ago and am not a Lewis fan at all, but Wakeham hasn't materialised as FG standard and I think people need to come to terms with that.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naden is our back up for Staggs. Don't be surprised if and when we sign him.
I'd go with a backline of.

1. Dwz
2. Carr
3. Allen
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

Backups are Okunbor, avo, Meaney and Wakeham. Sign 2 props and a hooker then we are done. I'd be looking at Mitch Kenny or Daryl Clarke.

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
How the fuck does waddell survive, seriously!!!!
Think about it!! This is exactly what Des did in his first year of coaching. The disappointing thing is Waddell stats are worst than Tony Williams on his first few games with the Doggies. There are always talks on off contract players but their stats are way ahead of this clown. That’s the problem with Barrett chooses favouritism over performances.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Better looking side than last weeks and they had a bit of heart.
Heaps of changes, optimistic things will click against the Storm but we showed glimpses against the Panthers.
Need more kicks in play

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
hasnt been starting, looked really nice when filling in for crocker
Huh? He's started every game this year.. 3 times at centre and once in the back row. When he played in the back row he got knocked out with a head clash with team mate (R James) early in the game.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can someone explain what Tui Katao brings as a winger? I can justify other positions with something or another.

But legit what does Tui bring.. Speed? Nope. Skill? Nope. Safety? Nope. Size? Nope.

Our last resort option is the only justification
This. Hoppa has been out best fullback over the years. Hoppa to fullback, averillo to centre and Dwz to wing.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Naden is our back up for Staggs. Don't be surprised if and when we sign him.
Doubt we sign either.
Broncos about to sign Staggs and play him at 5/8, pushing Milford out of the club. Naden linked to Tigpies. Maguire tried to get him for this season but Panfers not budging.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like Hoppa being selected in first grade at all.. but at this point and under the circumstances, if Barrett insists on picking him, then he would be best to be placed at fullback and out of the front line..

I'm hoping after r11 schoup will get given a go at centre..