Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Topine in for Okanbor, and Morrin in for Tanner. I know Morrin is small but Tanner is lucky to get 10 minutes game time and Okanbor gets even less.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Ciro is spooked about Manly game how we lost Kiraz to HIA then instead of having a wasted spot Okonbor (5min in two games ) why not just move Avo to fullback, Hayze to wing and Waddell centre as a contingency?

Better than burning a much needed bench spot

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Ciro is spooked about Manly game how we lost Kiraz to HIA then instead of having a wasted spot Okonbor (5min in two games ) why not just move Avo to fullback, Hayze to wing and Waddell centre as a contingency?

Better than burning a much needed bench spot
Too disruptive.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same 1-17. Just hope okunbor drops off. We are carrying him incase of an injury or hia to an outside back. And have been fatiguing in the last 10-15 mins and getting run down.

Id rather have 2 props a back rower and utility on the bench. Then just having to shift things around if there are injuries rather then burning a bench spot 2 weeks in a row and having the forward pack be completely rooted at the end of games.
Knockonmore has been training as a back rower. Both Gus and Ciraldo have explained this. He's probably the biggest body at the club. It's a good move but they seem really hesitant to use him. Maybe his defence is not up to it? They clearly didn't want him out there on Sunday when we were getting ripped to shreds.

Last edited:

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knockonmore has been training as a back rower. Both Gus and Ciraldo have explained this. He's probably the biggest body at the club. It's a good move but they seem really hesitant to use him. Maybe his defence is not up to it?
This had to happen and if they get it right will be awesome. He needs to develop into a forward and embrace it.,, could be a devastating forward.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knockonmore has been training as a back rower. Both Gus and Ciraldo have explained this. He's probably the biggest body at the club. It's a good move but they seem really hesitant to use him. Maybe his defence is not up to it?
I think they want/wish/hope it to work but are not confident given he didnt get game time on Sunday despite players being exhausted - i thought at 26 to 6 he could have gotten some minutes and rested someone.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they want/wish/hope it to work but are not confident given he didnt get game time on Sunday despite players being exhausted - i thought at 26 to 6 he could have gotten some minutes and rested someone.
Yeah it seems they were scared to put him on in the middle when we were getting torched on Sunday. Makes me think his defence is not up to it yet.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it seems they were scared to put him on in the middle when we were getting torched on Sunday. Makes me think his defence is not up to it yet.
Thought the reason we were getting torched was the injection of Wakeham into the play not just fatigue took tigers attack into a new direction took us a while to reset and adjust.. Yes fatigue and few factors but I think considering who we had and the stye that we played we were better than some on here are suggesting. I do think that Mahoney might have thought we could shut down the game,..we clearly could not and really needed to keep attacking....

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought the reason we were getting torched was the injection of Wakeham into the play not just fatigue took tigers attack into a new direction took us a while to reset and adjust.. Yes fatigue and few factors but I think considering who we had and the stye that we played we were better than some on here are suggesting. I do think that Mahoney might have thought we could shut down the game,..we clearly could not and really needed to keep attacking....
Kikau shouldn't have been on the field for the last 15mins in all 3 games so far. Totally gassed. In my opinion the tide turned when Klemmer knocked Mahoney into the crowd and ran 50 meters through the guts. Really got them on a roll.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last year we had a disruptive travel from Cairns week prior v Cows to Auckland arriving couple days before game day ( only time for one walk through captain run) it was raining heavily leading up to the game

Wahs up 12 nil after 11 min
We done well to fight our way back into contest and I thought momentum swung when Fox ran 90 to score.

Going into the final 10 we were trailing by 6 then the last 5 min they scored 18 points to blow us away

This time around no travel disruption (hopefully) get a proper training run in and captain run

Better coach and squad

Don’t have to worry about Reece Walsh either [emoji23] though fkn SJ turned back the clock last year

Dogs by 10