Round 4 Press Conference

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Even after all the bullshit that happened, that was our game to win hadn't it been for our inept attack. We would've not only beaten souffs but the refs as well. We were fighting 2 battles and the win would've been soooo sweet!

This loss is on Ciraldo as much as it is on our spine players.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How annoying is it when these muppets drop the ball. Jesus suffering fuck. Especially over the line
Play the ball errors were a disgrace. The Hughes, Morrin and Taaffe ones in contact were a complete joke, it's not as if the tackles were bone rattlers either. They just got hit around the ball and dropped it cold.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the nrl website both knight and Hughes only played 14 min. I know the sin bin and Preston going down messed up rotation however come on. As soon as Hughes came on we got some momentum and started getting back into the game.
We got the momentum and were on top much of the second half. The forwards and the coach were not the reason we lost the game. INEPT playmakers cost us the game.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We got the momentum and were on top much of the second half. The forwards and the coach were not the reason we lost the game. INEPT playmakers cost us the game.
Exactly. Need a NRL standard halfback with a bit of pace.. that would have been the difference.
CC had done a great job with attitude and defence.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At least we actually look like a first grade team now. So that in itself is a huge improvement on years gone by.

Tbaz's Bulldogs or Ciro's 2023 Bulldogs would have self destructed at 10 nil down and got extremely ugly.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. Talking about how they tackle the lead runner on that Kiks no try. We aren’t far off just need the 50/50’s to start going our way and we will start winning.
I'd love to get the fair share of calls, but we need to be able to just take them in stride and win regardless. I don't think this is going to turn around. I've screamed about it myself. But the NRL don't give a fuck and not enough fans are willing to come together and protest.

It'd need 50k fans from different teams gathering to protest. Someone could compile a video of some of the clangers refs have delivered to cost teams games with the repercussions for refs listed (maybe an occasional Annesley admission that the ref made a bad call). It'd be a loud and clear message that fans won't tolerate the shit. But I doubt it's ever going to happen.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The one pretending to be head coach.
Ok. He’s done a good job with our defensive structures this year, he got rid of the clowns who weren’t putting in 100% last year, we just need a good half and front rower to become available.
I think he’s a good coach and hope he stays the whole 5 years and longer.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok. He’s done a good job with our defensive structures this year, he got rid of the clowns who weren’t putting in 100% last year, we just need a good half and front rower to become available.
Same.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not convinced he's a good coach but I see improvement and until he has a proper NRL roster he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well I hope he comes good too as we are stuck with him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly remember how bad things were under Tbaz, as soon as we conceded the first try we knew the game was dead and buried. Most games were over before half time. We were rock bottom, in reality we were level with Tigers without winning as many spoons.

The resilience and work ethic in the team right now is a credit to Ciraldo and his new recruits.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The wins will come. This year's team is much better than the previous 7 years easily. I like the structures and movement of kiks down the left edge and Critta drawing defender's. Burton has even today shown more poise in his running and kicking with the group.
Unfortunate that Drew and Morrin would sometimes cut back and stifled the number of times the ball got out the back.. Instead wasting tackles with extra hit ups...but it's more promising footy from the Dogs than I've seen in years.
It's only round 4 and I'm proud of the resilience. Just not so of the final scores too. What we do know is every game they have been playing this year they have had bad calls and disallowed tries at key moments on games. This however didn't break them like other years. They keep pushing right to the end.
Keep your chin up kennel, the wins will come just not every week. Dogs 4 life
Agree 100 %. First game I've seen was this week. Our attack looks good from anywhere but the 20m zone and hopefully we get that firing soon too.

In that 10 minute period when Morrin was off was relienfe from the boys. We only conceded the penalty goal, and when the ref pointed at the posts, Critta and the boys were hi fiving because they took that as a win. Souths didn’t back themselves against a 12 man dogs team. This team will fight to the final whistle and never give up. As a fan that’s all you can ask for. The wins will come.
Well said. I thought we'd given up briefly after Souths were handed the first 2 tries. But we stayed in it to the point of backing ourselves to try and score in 45 seconds (hence the kick with no tee).

Ok, fuck it, I've said this in private circles.
We should have walked partway through the match.
This would have sent the loudest possible message and drawn the attention of the media this issue requires.
The more NRL punishes us, the more vocal the Club, players, and our fans get!
EDIT, the ONLY language a bully understands, is picking up their teeth afterwards.
Or have a 5 minute delay before we come on this week coming. Have the ground announcer say it's in protest against the refereeing standards.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how true it was, yet Nathan Cleary on footy show today, was asked about he’s dad and coaching. He said he isnt that involved with technical side of things. Leaves that to the defensive and attacking coaches. He just more the man manager and stuff like that, media commitments etc. I personally like what Ciraldo is and can bring to the club. Young and hopeful he stays with us for ten years. Maybe it’s more the assistants that need the attention.