Official Round 4 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're gonna miss Foran's direct play as he straightens the attack with his running game.
Both Lewis and Cogger have so much potential, but don't have that running game that Foran provides.

The key on Sunday is our kicking game. Both Lewis and Cogger can kick long. We need to focus on how much meters we can make with our kicking to complement our meters made with ball in hand.
Our completion rate is the best in the league this year, but more focus needs to be put into our feild position. We need to limit the Storm's feild position in our own 20m. This will give us the best chance in causing a major upset.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep rough start. We have one of the hardest draws this season if I remembered correctly.
We do, but we failed to take advantage of our relatively easier draw to start the season compared to last year.
We really should of taken care of the Warriors in round one.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We do, but we failed to take advantage of our relatively easier draw to start the season compared to last year.
We really should of taken care of the Warriors in round one.
Yeah we should have but I put that down to us not being ready/off and the Warriors obviously playing off the pure emotion during that time. Key now is we have to make the most of our opportunities from here on out.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah we should have but I put that down to us not being ready/off and the Warriors obviously playing off the pure emotion during that time. Key now is we have to make the most of our opportunities from here on out.
We need to play 3 freakin trials next year in order to hit the ground running

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN was impressive last game he really improved that right edge. Looking for more of the same from him.

Make Gus cry.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to play 3 freakin trials next year in order to hit the ground running
And then people will complain about players being injured in "non event" games. Plus at the slightest sign of burn out at the end of the season (ala StFade) it be blamed on playing too many trials. There is no right answer as proven by the results of the teams that played 1, 2 or 3 trials, some went OK in round 1 and some played like busted asses, with no commonality.

Go Dogs.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Quite possibly the worst spine in our history vs Storm away who will look to keep pace with the Roosters, anything less than a 30 point loss is good given the context

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite possibly the worst spine in our history vs Storm away who will look to keep pace with the Roosters, anything less than a 30 point loss is good given the context
I wouldn’t say worst, it’s more like the least experienced spine in our history. We haven’t seen Lewis and Cogger play together, and Meaney has only played 1 game with the Dogs, so anything can happen.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Would like to think Meaney and Cogger know eachothers game quite well from Newcastle days.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Have a bad feeling Okunbor is going to be brought back to earth this w/e. I think Storm will pepper him and look to expose him positionally. Meaney can also expect to be targeted physically on kick catches and returns; he could be in for a long afternoon. I hope for the best.
That's a given that Storm will use those tactics. It's what our guys learn and improve on that counts in the long run. Just as long as they can hold their heads up and realise it's early days in their careers with the Bulldogs. Tedesco and Ado Carr didn't immediately start off as world beaters.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we can post first points it will give hope an confidence, I think we will try our hand and be competitive !!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Worst or least experienced?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t buy that Warriors on emotion theory entirely especially if we consider they played Manly in Christchurch (where the massacre occurred) and Manly tore them a new one

We were just shit with a shit team and again v Eels

But Pay has made adjustments so let’s go

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Worst or least experienced?
Does it matter? The output determines how we evaluate them. But being inexperienced certainly doesn’t help. Nothing against them, just a terrible terrible, barely first grade spine at this stage of their careers.

canine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd say that 2008's

1.Crisp
6.Holdworth
7.Roberts
9.Groom

Would be a worse bunch

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd say that 2008's

1.Crisp
6.Holdworth
7.Roberts
9.Groom

Would be a worse bunch
This lot would give em a run for their money from 08...augh that year!

1. Nick Youngquest
6. Groom/Roberts
7. Joe Williams
9. Michael Sullivan

Just as bad if not worse...lost 8 matches straight that year to run away with the spoon, after SBW dogged it.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does it matter? The output determines how we evaluate them. But being inexperienced certainly doesn’t help. Nothing against them, just a terrible terrible, barely first grade spine at this stage of their careers.
It does matter. You may be right when you look back at seasons end. There's a big difference. History determines what worst is. What if they form a decent combination and win, lets say half of the matches when paired together this season. Let's give them a chance and see how they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.