Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Melbourne training session while Smith smooth talks the refs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because teams learned how to defend against it, and it became useless in 2013.
I don't agree, they just stopped doing it.. I remember even commentators questioning why they had gone away from it after having so much success.. you are referring to the block out the back play, I am not.. I'm talking about short sharp passes between forwards flat at the line..

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tab Sportsbet has us at like $5.75. Has anyone sees worst odds than this against us. Clearly people don’t give us any chance against the storm

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tab Sportsbet has us at like $5.75. Has anyone sees worst odds than this against us. Clearly people don’t give us any chance against the storm
Time to put $100 on us for the win then, think there may be an upset brewing against the benchmark.!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We dont have nothing to lose and everything to gain which makes this game perfect for the Dogs!
Yep sometimes teams play their best footy when there is no expectation to win. I just hope the dogs turn up with a “we can win” attitude and not just a “as long and we don’t get thrashed”. I just hope we can win. Pleaaase.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
time to play hot potatoe stuff from 1st minute

completely surprise the Storm and thats the only way we have a chance of winning other wise, it will be a cricket score either way.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I don't agree, they just stopped doing it.. I remember even commentators questioning why they had gone away from it after having so much success.. you are referring to the block out the back play, I am not.. I'm talking about short sharp passes between forwards flat at the line..
Not sure where or if you can find them, try and find some 2013 games. They were rushing us in defence and closing down the play. And yes I’m talking about the forward tip on.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
time to play hot potatoe stuff from 1st minute

completely surprise the Storm and thats the only way we have a chance of winning other wise, it will be a cricket score either way.
I agree with the hot potato stuff, but nah.. they won’t be putting a cricket score on us brother.. we have hazems honour to defend and we will be playing with a lot more heart and mongrel (aka naps) goal line defence needs to be on point though..!!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a hungry Jack Cogger looking to showcase himself in his new colours.

We have a somewhat confident Meaney and okunbor after last game and looking to develop further.

A much better playing josh Jackson and Napa.

An always confident and valuable Rhyse Martin.

Go the dogs. They spoke about the power of the underdog and desire to shock a few teams this year. Well You don’t get a better opportunity than this- against the storm

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with the hot potato stuff, but nah.. they won’t be putting a cricket score on us brother.. we have hazems honour to defend and we will be playing with a lot more heart and mongrel (aka naps) goal line defence needs to be on point though..!!

i like your optimism bro.

but i still think we need to play high risk high reward footy to beat Storm.

normal game plan won't work.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i like your optimism bro.

but i still think we need to play high risk high reward footy to beat Storm.

normal game plan won't work.
Oh i agree man, but no cricket score right lol.. 8-)

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still remember that game in 2000 when we werent doing too well and just after Bullfrog passed away we went down there and did a job on a very good Storm team.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have a bad feeling Okunbor is going to be brought back to earth this w/e. I think Storm will pepper him and look to expose him positionally. Meaney can also expect to be targeted physically on kick catches and returns; he could be in for a long afternoon. I hope for the best.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1/4 home games to start season

Trip to NZ and Melbourne

Cheers NRL

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Time to put $100 on us for the win then, think there may be an upset brewing against the benchmark.!
I'll chuck $100 on then but only with your money.
How's that exchange rate going anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.