Official Round 4 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s not really any of your business but to cover myself from false allegations like this that have happened in the past
Stop putting yourself in that position then.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is it official from the club? They would of announced it on their website right? That's what they do for every other player (e.g. JMK, C. Smith, Lewis to name a few). I heard we were meant to re-sign him last year or early this year but we didn't as well. I just had a quick look at some of the reports and it stated we would announce at the end of last week.
That is actually true. There was more than one source saying terms had been agreed but there has been no formal club announcement. Good pickup. Interesting.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That is actually true. There was more than one source saying terms had been agreed but there has been no formal club announcement. Good pickup. Interesting.
With Wakeham being dropped last week and not picked again this week it does look a bit suspicious. I also saw someone post Wakeham's Instagram with a mysterious message/face on here the other day. Either that was fake or deleted as I can't find it on there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With Wakeham being dropped last week and not picked again this week it does look a bit suspicious. I also saw someone post Wakeham's Instagram with a mysterious message/face. Either that was fake or deleted as I can't find it on there.
Maybe he signed elsewhere and thats why he hasn't been picked?
Boom

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s not really any of your business but to cover myself from false allegations like this that have happened in the past
Right.

And I am a famous super model.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And maybe that is the nucleus to the 4 senior players complaining about the backs rumour/bs?
I hope Wakeham has re-signed as I think he has the most potential out of any of our other halves fighting for the spot. Not only that but he's a local junior. I'm not going to completely blame him as I don't think he should of re-signed until he was given an opportunity but it started to look like he was being given that. Losing someone like Wakeham would be going against what we said we were trying to do moving forward imo.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope Wakeham has re-signed as I think he has the most potential out of any of our other halves fighting for the spot. Not only that but he's a local junior. I'm not going to completely blame him as I don't think he should of re-signed until he was given an opportunity but it started to look like he was being given that. Losing someone like Wakeham would be going against what we said we were trying to do moving forward imo.
It would be devastating I kid you not.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
View attachment 15100
It depends on how many of these players we re-sign. I thought Wakeham re-signed apparently not. Also not sure what the go is with CHN and Okunbor, I think we still have to fill those spots.
How much of our cap would these players be taking? I suspect Tolman is on good coin.

Personally, depending on who is available or can be coerced into coming with an established coach, I wouldn't be jumping for joy at the prospect of re-signing any of that list.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How much of our cap would these players be taking? I suspect Tolman is on good coin.

Personally, depending on who is available or can be coerced into coming with an established coach, I wouldn't be jumping for joy at the prospect of re-signing any of that list.
Foran ~1.2m
Tolman ~800k
Already 2m there.

Also players we've already re-signed were on back ended deals (e.g. Hopoate).
We're going to have a lot of salary cap to spend with back ended deals, paying players to play elsewhere ending and removing deadwood.

Again we tried to play to a ~11m salary cap (hence the back ended deals and ratchet clauses) so we believed players were worth more than what they would of been on with the current salary cap at the time.

To be safe I say we'll have 2-3m to spend on talent but I personally believe it was closer to 3.5m (which includes who we have already re-signed and who I think we'll re-sign and more importantly not Thompson who's rumoured to be on ~800k, so more like ~2.7m now after signing Thompson).

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could we ask the same of Foran then?
He’s drained the coffers and provided what value in return? Simple fact is no-one is going to jump.
do u believe he actually wants to be or get injured all the time. No player goes out to play and wishes to get injured and spend time on the sidelines.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
do u believe he actually wants to be or get injured all the time. No player goes out to play and wishes to get injured and spend time on the sidelines.
Of course not. I’m not critical of Foz’ shocking luck with injury. My point was in relation to another poster who suggested that if the coach had respect for the club they’d stand down. It was a monetary discussion only.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fkn lol talk about denial. The mods that cleaned up your racial slur know what you said, I don't need screen shots bitch. Skaf supporters? I wonder what racial group that's aimed at you witchity grub...

You calm down and stop your typical victim bullshit.

Don't start nothing and it won't be nothing.

The forum was much better when you and your husband were banned.
That has absolutely nothing to do with race and refers to a conversation we had about morals and treatment of females in relation to the port Macquarie incident. Nothing about race but nice try
The post was considered by many to be racial. That may or may not have been the intention but it was considered that way by many members and mods so it was deleted.

That aside, if you don't want to talk to each other like civilised people then please just block each other. It'll make like easier for everyone.

If you don't want to block each other then that's fine too. But keep it under control 'cause the mods aren't janitors. They're not here to clean up everyone's arguments.

Just be nice to each other or don't interact with each other. You're all Bulldogs, act like it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually... Scratch that. Act like the Bulldogs of old. Not the current Bulldogs who can't beat a Des coached team.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course not. I’m not critical of Foz’ shocking luck with injury. My point was in relation to another poster who suggested that if the coach had respect for the club they’d stand down. It was a monetary discussion only.
Yeh i get you but getting injured is out of forans hands whilst dean pay picking players out of position and the wrong team is all on him.

Reactions: GDR

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh i get you but getting injured is out of forans hands whilst dean pay picking players out of position and the wrong team is all on him.
But that wasn’t the discussion.
The discussion was a suggestion to walk away and my point was that no-one would do that when they have families, mortgages etc. Purely monetary.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know what's going to happen don't you, the Dragons "rooky half" on debut will have an absolute blinder...
Im not sure he is playing.
He broke his nose at training yesterday not too sure how bad it is.

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not sure he is playing.
He broke his nose at training yesterday not too sure how bad it is.
Nah he’s been cleared to play Even with the broken nose
It shouldn’t faze him
He has nothing to worry about with our cream puff team
Prob won’t even have a hand laid on him all game