OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
100%, of course, nothing beats wining both on the same weekend.

I never thought I could be more emotionally invested than the dogs until my son has started playing.
My focus has definitely shifted more towards junior league.
Love attending training and games days, love watching the kids learn and develop their games, pure Rugby League without the player managers and sponsorships or the lime light. No video refs to scrutinize planting the ball, if it's closer enough it's good enough.
The relationships formed with other players parents and close knit communities and remembering and seeing someone you went to school with and played footy with and finding out that your son and his son are playing together in the same team. Priceless!!
Enjoy the ride, I got to present my son. With his A-grade jersey last year and I handed him his first jersey at the same club as his u8 coach, as I said in my presentation speech it’s a privilege to go on that journey with you kids.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad you got to see the second one mate.

Marty Bella should give you a refund for 94
Yeah luckily I missed 94.. I remember saying to my missus when he dropped it that we just lost the GF and it was the bloody kick off. 95 was awesome and the 98 series was fantastic all the way up to halftime in the GF.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah luckily I missed 94.. I remember saying to my missus when he dropped it that we just lost the GF and it was the bloody kick off. 95 was awesome and the 98 series was fantastic all the way up to halftime in the GF.
Yep the 2 extra times in the previous games combined with a 30 degree day caught up with us.

Along with the 15 international players in the other side ….

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the 2 extra times in the previous games combined with a 30 degree day caught up with us.

Along with the 15 international players in the other side ….
And Fatty Bella drops the ball from kick off, Im still getting over 94 lol

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taffe has speed but we are yet to see it. All we need is Burton to kick over the top , chased by taafe for it to be a try. Sometimes I wonder whether Ciraldo communicates any tactical strategies to these players . Burton and fox had mad link ups 2 years ago. Not sure why that has been taken out of our game plan.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Enjoy the ride, I got to present my son. With his A-grade jersey last year and I handed him his first jersey at the same club as his u8 coach, as I said in my presentation speech it’s a privilege to go on that journey with you kids.
Great stuff mate, moments your young fella will look back on fondly.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally pretty upbeat heading into games, and i am but if we cant beat the Tits at Belmore im going to struggle to be positive going forward

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The game is a big one for us. Got to enjoy the moment with our home ground, stay grounded. Hold the ball, execute our plays not just run the motion. Play eyes up footy. I want someone to be a Yeo type player, it’s definitely Curran but unsure as to why we don’t have him start over salmon.

dogs by 10

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing man people only see what they want to, I have seen the 'he only missed two tackles' stat thrown around for the last week about sexton but poor reads and misses have allowed attacking sides to pull his edge apart set after set in his last two reserve grade games that's why he hasn't been named in FG It's that simple.
Key words 'His Edge"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As you get older you discover the Bulldogs are not that important in Life. Probably 45th on my list in regards to importance...LOL
Since my son started playing junior league my interest has shifted from the dirty business of the NRL and focused on the junior league. Much more fun and enjoyment, pure football without the bullshit.
What club is he at? I'd like to play my son at a club with no bullshit.

JRL is full of bullshit, I know Parra JRL is.

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s become my new fun thing. Watching everyone on here list multiple team changes and positional switches from game day finish in till 4pm Tuesday.

And then all lose their fucking minds when we come out with 1-17 bar injuries… :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Have we all learned nothing from CC, Barrett and Pay…?
Everyone is an expert

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What club is he at? I'd like to play my son at a club with no bullshit.

JRL is full of bullshit, I know Parra JRL is.
Penrith district is perfect for junior rugby league. My son played for St clair comets. Whole families would come to watch their kid/nephew play their game. Was an awesome close knit community. It's what league is about
When he played for Greenacre tigers, it was totally different atmosphere and way too much infighting and you would hardly see any parents watching their own kids

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Literally one of the dumbest posts ever to say 2024 manly is better than 95 manly. You nailed the response.

95 manly won 15 in a row.

They lost 2 games all year. Same as the raiders.

Those 2 teams were so far in front of the others. It actually should have been the grand final.

It took the greatest form turnaround in rugby league history to deny that match. We had a good side but manly, Canberra and Brisbane were all much better on paper.

And they played much better than us during the year.

Yet we beat them ALL by 13 plus in the finals.

Then 3 years later we probably had the second biggest form turnaround in 98.

Those were the days.
Bulldogs were minor premiers the 2 years before. We had the team on paper. Super league and the 4 who signed with parra caused some discontent in the side. Once that was addressed the team went back to playing how they had the previous 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.