OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Forget about 95, great team though,Manly has a way better team now
Manly look absolutely lethal every time they touch the ball, they do everything at pace and have some Fkn huge men with decent leg speed….several of their backs can run 100m under 11 secs too… frightening.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Manly look absolutely lethal every time they touch the ball, they do everything at pace and have some Fkn huge men with decent leg speed….several of their backs can run 100m under 11 secs too… frightening.
Luke Brooks is going to be the signing of the year IMO.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your having a lot of fun bro, BTW I do to.
As you get older you discover the Bulldogs are not that important in Life. Probably 45th on my list in regards to importance...LOL
Since my son started playing junior league my interest has shifted from the dirty business of the NRL and focused on the junior league. Much more fun and enjoyment, pure football without the bullshit.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Disagree mate. That Parra error, regardless of when he dropped it, killed us in that game. It was early but gave Parra all the momentum early and we wasted boatloads of energy defending in the first half. He also threw a ridiculous ball to Fox which shows his in game awareness is terrible. The Sharks error probably should’ve been a penalty but he still should’ve taken it. He just never looks comfortable to me and gets dominated easily. Haven’t been impressed with him at all.

Hutchison I’m willing to be patient with because of his defensive efforts and he’s a clever player, despite being half a step too slow in a lot of plays.
What’s your view of Knight? I’m concerned he has 3 errors in him per game

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree - Imo Burton would make a great fullback.
I think he has the physical attributes but what some people are missing with that suggestion is he is far too quiet. Your fullback is trying to keep your defensive line accountable and I don’t know he is that type of guy.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As you get older you discover the Bulldogs are not that important in Life. Probably 45th on my list in regards to importance...LOL
Since my son started playing junior league my interest has shifted from the dirty business of the NRL and focused on the junior league. Much more fun and enjoyment, pure football without the bullshit.
Nothing better though then when there both winning!!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing better though then when there both winning!!!
100%, of course, nothing beats wining both on the same weekend.

I never thought I could be more emotionally invested than the dogs until my son has started playing.
My focus has definitely shifted more towards junior league.
Love attending training and games days, love watching the kids learn and develop their games, pure Rugby League without the player managers and sponsorships or the lime light. No video refs to scrutinize planting the ball, if it's closer enough it's good enough.
The relationships formed with other players parents and close knit communities and remembering and seeing someone you went to school with and played footy with and finding out that your son and his son are playing together in the same team. Priceless!!

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree - Imo Burton would make a great fullback.
Thank you - a great Greg Inglis style fullback.
The first 10 minutes of last weeks game when he ran he was unstoppable.
I think his stamina would be suspect to begin with, but FFS Gus and CC please consider

Last edited:

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch made 25 tackles; missed 5, 3 ineffective
Taaffe made 4 tackles; missed 5, 1 ineffective
Kiraz made 18 tackles, missed 7, 0 ineffective

Not sure about Sexton. But it would be a nightmare to defend in Reggies with Perham beside you. He makes basic read errors, doesn't hold the line (flighty) and just flat out misses tackles too. I'm not making excuses for Sexton ...haven't checked his tackle numbers on Match Centre. Happy for someone to enlighten us all w.r.to this.

But there is no doubt that D is the critical factor that CC is building our new doggie foundations on to adapt to the new faster, more mobile game. Last year's big, slow lumbering forwards were easy meat up the guts for any half smart dummy half. Basic touch footy arrow pattern would open us up EVERY single time. Still does when they get tired this year. However, this is where Mann & Salmon's leg speed and impressive tackle efficiency come into CC's master plan. They CAN tackle! A LOT!! Hutch is a big body who can compensate for their deficiencies dealing with big boppas. Not sure if Sexton can nail someone 1 on 1 like Hutch can.

Anyway, that's my guess. Course I could be totally wrong too - lol
Hes missed 2 each week tackling at 82% but well soon hear that at the game he missed 20

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they all stay healthy it may be a riff manly GF

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider any of our losses this season to be "clean" so far. They are both cases of the refs just assisting the opposition.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk
Take out the refs and give us a healthy forward pack we match both teams for 80 and probably win or lose by 6.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
100%, of course, nothing beats wining both on the same weekend.

I never thought I could be more emotionally invested than the dogs until my son has started playing.
My focus has definitely shifted more towards junior league.
Love attending training and games days, love watching the kids learn and develop their games, pure Rugby League without the player managers and sponsorships or the lime light. No video refs to scrutinize planting the ball, if it's closer enough it's good enough.
The relationships formed with other players parents and close knit communities and remembering and seeing someone you went to school with and played footy with and finding out that your son and his son are playing together in the same team. Priceless!!
Who does your son play for bro?

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s your view of Knight? I’m concerned he has 3 errors in him per game
Yeah he seems like a pretty low IQ player. But reality is we need the size and his numbers have been decent in NSW Cup. Hopefully he can hold his own against the Titans pack.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but too many errors, has average to poor hands and no passing game except flick passes.. i like Kiraz but hes not a centre and Wilson is playing too well to drop.. Foxx obviously locked in the other wing
I fully agree with you and while Kirras does put in 100% we have some big effective bodied players with lots of speed such as Xerri & Skelton (who would be very hard to stop by the opposing defense) and who can also play center or wing sitting in reserve grade and who will probably be scooped up by other Nrl sides and played in first grade and it won't be long before they will asking for release. what the hell is Bloody Ceraldo waiting for???

Status
Not open for further replies.