OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Quick start is VERY important. Need to do what we did to the Sharks last week. Just hopefully we get the rub when its offered.
Agree mate. Need to weather the Tino storm early. We ain’t a side that looks possible to chase if fall behind.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When Ben Barba came on the seen his defence was woeful and pretty sure we hid him out on the wing in defence.
Difference is this side doesn’t have the capacity to carry anyone in defence.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gut says we went in against Parra & Sharks with a defence 1st mindset seeing as we were going up against powerful top 6 opponents ..…

Expect to see similar defence but with a more attacking mindset against Titans this week .... similar to what we saw trial 1 against Storm ..

If you’re having a bet … Doggies 13+

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree mate. Need to weather the Tino storm early. We ain’t a side that looks possible to chase if fall behind.
Also bury KP in the corner, chase kicks hard and just watch out for the shift to Brimson.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also bury KP in the corner, chase kicks hard and just watch out for the shift to Brimson.
I honestly can’t see Des doing much, except hitting us in behind the ruck over and over. Other teams have had success there, all be it later in the game. Surely Foz is too old now to cause headaches. We should be running at him all game

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly can’t see Des doing much, except hitting us in behind the ruck over and over. Other teams have had success there, all be it later in the game. Surely Foz is too old now to cause headaches. We should be running at him all game
Interesting to see which side he picks to defend... Either way Kikz and Presto will kill him. Hopefully he breaks down before the game opens up..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gut says we went in against Parra & Sharks with a defence 1st mindset seeing as we were going up against powerful top 6 opponents ..…

Expect to see similar defence but with a more attacking mindset against Titans this week .... similar to what we saw trial 1 against Storm ..

If you’re having a bet … Doggies 13+

In other words we are "parking the bus" against top 8 opposition Jose Mourinho style.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Herd mentality
Everyone thinks that know more than the coach and can do a better job than the coach. lol
Funny how “everyone” simplistically puts the various critical thoughts and concerns about the team put on here down to herd mentality. We have had a shocking recruitment strategy and are going down the same road as we were on with TBaz. Those who can’t see that and blindly dismiss this even as a possibility are also succumbing to herd mentality. Something has to change with the team and support staff ASAP before it is too late.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting to see which side he picks to defend... Either way Kikz and Presto will kill him. Hopefully he breaks down before the game opens up..
Kiks gets one good shot…….. watch that Lego fly.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone really think a win against the Titans is anything other than a win. If they win some supporters will claim Salmon is Wade Graham, Knight is Shane Webke, Burton is Darren Lockyer etc. A couple of wins back to back against decent opposition is about all that would elevate my optimism such as against Souths and Manly. It doesn't even need to be against Broncos and Panthers. I'm already trying to find positives for next year; even then without a 7, a 1 and some better props, the hopes are slim.
7?
1 Papali'i , Crighton? Neither is a proven NRL gun fullback.
8 or 10 May?, Todd? Fifita? None of the above are near elite.
We are zero I say zero chance of beating Manly

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
M

Matt Doorey ran right at Sexton and through him, Sexton wasn't even a speed bump to Doorey

His defense has been shit
Wow big deal. Most of the sharks tries came on Hutchison’s side and for one of the tries he directly missed the tackle

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So are you saying if we’d of chosen Webster, last season we’d of finished 4th, and if Ciraldo had chosen Warriors they’d of finished 15th ?

If Webster coached the Bulldogs, there would have been zero difference in terms of results. We do this every season with an average roster, expect miracles. A lot of people on here predicted a 1-4 start our first 5 games (fairly realistic considering the draw) from memory, I had us 2-3 myself which isn’t looking good, but, reality is, the results are reflected in the quality of Roster….simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.