OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
reserve grade?? one of only players that always put 100 percent effort and makes metres when our shiity forwards arent
True, but too many errors, has average to poor hands and no passing game except flick passes.. i like Kiraz but hes not a centre and Wilson is playing too well to drop.. Foxx obviously locked in the other wing

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have multiple better replacements.
These replacements, have you seen them play FB?If so when? Were they any good? When you did were they fully fit and ready for the vigorous position?

Also is it a good option to shift this magical replacement for the sake of Bradyk?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
GUS CC TAKE NOTE
Burton at fullback!
Let’s see just how good he is at running the ball!
Funnily enough when we signed Burton still playing for Penrith I said to some friends he looks more like a fullback or a centre or even lock, of course I was laughed at :laughing:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
These replacements, have you seen them play FB?If so when? Were they any good? When you did were they fully fit and ready for the vigorous position?

Also is it a good option to shift this magical replacement for the sake of Bradyk?
It's not for me it's for if we want to have a better chance of winning footy games. Taaffe fullback is detrimental to the team. I'm watching other clubs drop players for far less.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not for me it's for if we want to have a better chance of winning footy games. Taaffe fullback is detrimental to the team. I'm watching other clubs drop players for far less.
Give Taafe 4-6 weeks and then if need be you drop him, he was picked to be FB you give him more than 2 weeks. Lets not pretend there's a better option, Crighton is not a FB despite everyone on here thinking he is.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What did Taafe do wrong last week?
As much as I like to see changes I believe there will only be one. I am hoping CC will be brave,
We need to be able to score... And this is how it can be done !!!
1 Tracey
2 Kiraz
3 Burton
4 Crichton
5 JAC
6 Hutchison
7 Sexton

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Give Taafe 4-6 weeks and then if need be you drop him, he was picked to be FB you give him more than 2 weeks. Lets not pretend there's a better option, Crighton is not a FB despite everyone on here thinking he is.
I think Crichton has the potential to be a quality fullback and even if he struggles he'd be a much better option than Taaffe who's the worst fullback in the NRL and a reserve grader at best (throw on top Critta's lack of involvement at centre). Tracey would also offer more. I'd also say there are multiple others on our books that could do a better job than Taaffe there (Wilson, Kiraz, Papalii). I didn't have much hope for our season this year but we're throwing away any chance we had to do anything.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sure you can put Burton to fullback and he'll run more but How is he under the high ball? How will such a quiet player communicate and organise the defence? How is his positioning at the back? Too many unknowns for my liking. If he was demoted back to ressies and given a run there maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Crichton has the potential to be a quality fullback and even if he struggles he'd be a much better option than Taaffe who's the worst fullback in the NRL and a reserve grader at best (throw on top Critta's lack of involvement at centre). Tracey would also offer more. I'd also say there are multiple others on our books that could do a better job than Taaffe there (Wilson, Kiraz, Papalii). I didn't have much hope for our season this year but we're throwing away any chance we had to do anything.
All you have named is a bunch of utilities there's a reason they are utilities. It's why I have a HUGE problem with our recruitment, by all means get Kurt Mann (who was the best one), why get another 4 blokes who are no14's at best. Crighton is NOT. afullback, he's an elite centre that's where he should be.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Over the years teams who have complained through the correct channel about refereeing decisions, don’t get ripped off the next week.

As someone said in an earlier post, Todd Payten made the comment in an after game Presser that teams at the pointy end of the table for a few years seem to get the 50-50 calls go their way. Since then the Cowboys seem to have had a dream run including that ridiculous after the bell penalty against the Tigers that won them the game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what has he done wrong..? He isn't the best but played well last week for a stop gap including a slick and ballsy try assist. I honestly don't think anyone else can do a better job atm.

Maybe Tracey can take over in time but stop with the get rid of him rhetoric as it's pretty pointless... there just isn't anyone right now.

There is also a chance we might also start seeing more.. he can kick, he can support play and he can break through the line so hopefully the guy grows with the rest of the team as the season moves forward.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
All you have named is a bunch of utilities there's a reason they are utilities. It's why I have a HUGE problem with our recruitment, by all means get Kurt Mann (who was the best one), why get another 4 blokes who are no14's at best. Crighton is NOT. afullback, he's an elite centre that's where he should be.
Critta is an elite athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.