Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
so Annesley said the kikau no try should of been awarded
Yes but not much in the media about it.
I don’t know why?
I wonder if it is because we are a multi cultural club and they are being racist?
If it was another club it would be posted all over the media.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we play Knight and Taaffe they are due for a super human performance against their former club the following week.
As much as i also would take a 1 point win, i am concerned we dont put teams away and keep inviting them in close contests, where they can sneak a win against us.

Most good teams smell blood in the water and kill off games either by halftime or midway through the second half, effectively snuffing out any chance of a comeback.

In some cases, they even rest their stars with 15 or 20 to go.

If we are up for the game, id like to see us wrap it up with time to spare
So would I but I think in the 60 years I've been following the dogs I can only remember a hand full of games where we flogged the opposition. Even in our hay days we would win by only a few points. Always heart attack material for our fans especially me.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As much as i also would take a 1 point win, i am concerned we dont put teams away and keep inviting them in close contests, where they can sneak a win against us.

Most good teams smell blood in the water and kill off games either by halftime or midway through the second half, effectively snuffing out any chance of a comeback.

In some cases, they even rest their stars with 15 or 20 to go.

If we are up for the game, id like to see us wrap it up with time to spare
We very rarely play for 80 minutes so don't hold your breathe.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We very rarely play for 80 minutes so don't hold your breathe.
I dont think its about playing for 80mins.
We just seem to approach games with the mentality that we need to be slightly better than them. If they are playing badly, we stoop to their level and play only slightly better.

I want us to focus on perfection every game and fail to reach it by abit rather than focus on being slightly better than the opposition.

Thats how you flog teams.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m not playing Knight. I don’t really care who we play instead.
I'm with you. That pre-season tripe he dished up was so putrid, he needs a thorough attitude cleanse (& associated BIG performances in Reggies) to warrant donning the CB guernsey again in first grade.
Love to see him do it btw - but ...just a bit cautious about inflating his ego.
Kautoga for mine!! or even Jack Todd & start with Sammie instead!!.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you. That pre-season tripe he dished up was so putrid, he needs a thorough attitude cleanse (& associated BIG performances in Reggies) to warrant donning the CB guernsey again in first grade.
Love to see him do it btw - but ...just a bit cautious about inflating his ego.
Kautoga for mine!! or even Jack Todd & start with Sammie instead!!.
bro surely kautoga comes in fuck me

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol rabbits drop illias after 2 shit games. We drop ***** after half a season
You must have the memory of a goldfish... I am sick of these anti-Ciraldo comments and destabilising rhetoric.

How did the halves merry-go-round under Tbaz work out? One week Whack-ham, one week Flanagan, one week Averillo, then repeat the cycle again.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have the memory of a goldfish... I am sick of these anti-Ciraldo comments and destabilising rhetoric.

How did the halves merry-go-round under Tbaz work out? One week Whack-ham, one week Flanagan, one week Averillo, then repeat the cycle again.
I’m not asking for a merry go around. I’m asking for what is clearly two weak links to be replaced. Ciro has a track record of persisting when it’s not working. I’ll give him credit for tightening up the defense, but unless you can hold them to 18 points or less, we’re gonna need safer and better attacking options

UpDaDoggies1935

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There’s no way we lose this game. But ofcourse their players come back when we verse them Fifita and Campbell. Drew hutcherson out for sexton. Critta fullback xerri centers

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s no way we lose this game. But ofcourse their players come back when we verse them Fifita and Campbell. Drew hutcherson out for sexton. Critta fullback xerri centers
Who said Fifita and Campbell are back??

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look at their spine and they drop a young half. There are bigger issues at Souths than their Illias.
Cook and walker been having no impact. Usually dropping players is a rev up for everyone in team. This is the opposite imo, been made a scapegoat.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cook and walker been having no impact. Usually dropping players is a rev up for everyone in team. This is the opposite imo, been made a scapegoat.
Ilias ain’t any good. They are regretting not giving Reynolds 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.