Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno was great defensively but seriously he refused to do anything on the last he’s supposed to be the main playmaker made me so angry if he did what other halves do he’d probably/maybe be serviceable

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
bullshit. he wasnt a standout, but played well.
I said he looked sharp, not that he was a standout. Playing well is something Flanno hasn't done for a while. I'm always thankful for his defence but we need a 7 who is actually a threat in attack. At this point, not only is he not attacking well but the pure fact that he isn't a threat allows oppositions to focus their defence elsewhere.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said he looked sharp, not that he was a standout. Playing well is something Flanno hasn't done for a while. I'm always thankful for his defence but we need a 7 who is actually a threat in attack. At this point, not only is he not attacking well but the pure fact that he isn't a threat allows oppositions to focus their defence elsewhere.
Not a standout were my words. As long as we are winning the team wont change.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Heres a bit of perspective, my wife is a pediatric nurse, and is at work now, and a baby was just borne with a hole in its stomach, and the intestines poking out! On its way to townsville hospital now.
Yep..only a game..

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Heres a bit of perspective, my wife is a pediatric nurse, and is at work now, and a baby was just borne with a hole in its stomach, and the intestines poking out! On its way to townsville hospital now.
Far out, hope it all works out. That would be a tough gig.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not as confident as others. We should win this game, but we have a habit of dropping games we should win. Tigers on paper have a reasonable side.
Pretty much as I expected.

First half - Great > 2023 Bulldogs showed up.
Second half - Very Poor > 2021/2022 Bulldogs took the field.

Failed to shut down the offload and opened up WAY too easily at times. Made Wakeham look like Cameron Munster.

Sure it's stupidly hot but both teams play in the same weather.

VERY lucky to get out of that one, and last 15-20 I was starting to think a 28-26 last minute loss was on the cards, and getting super anxious.

Definitely some perspective to be had from that game, because other sides would have cleaned us up in that second half.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not a standout were my words. As long as we are winning the team wont change.
Oh, 100%. It won't change, because we won, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't. Carrying a playmaker that can't make plays will only take us so far. We're blessed to have Mahoney because he's picking up the attacking work Flanagan should be doing.

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That baby is showing more guts than the entire Tigers team. :grimacing:

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You lead with "waddel needs to fuck off with his penalties". Seriously, get the fuck over it! 1 penalty for a high shot. Clearly you have no fucking idea, just hate waddell.
Agree with this one, though. He's improved since last season. Nowhere near our biggest problem, today.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need TPJ and Thommo back. Our forward depth is fkn low. Tanner is not a first grade prop
And Flanno is nowhere near a 1st grade half.

After watching the Broncs, Dolphins, Warriors, Manly and others, I despair that we seem to be carrying a number 7 in attack.
He was woeful. When Burton or Reed get gassed we have no fallback.
Flanno twice shit himself on the last and produced a shocker kick after 3 when we were on a roll.
Dogs shoul have been 30+ up going into the last 12 minutes.