Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually dont rate Manly as high as most of the experts. Their centres are pretty ordinary and I dont think Walker is suited at 5/8th.

Also Levi isnt that great and their bench is ordinary.

They will probably still beat us but i dont think they will go anywhere near winning the comp
Yeah Manly are probably a bottom of the top 8 side. With that side we have named it would be beaten by most sides 9/10 times.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has to be surely. Know what’s wrong with Tolman?

Canterbury Bulldogs

Marcelo Montoya suffered a hamstring injury at training and is set to miss 8-12 weeks.

The setback acts as a double blow for the Bulldogs after Joe Stimson was ruled out for 5-6 months following shoulder surgery.

Veteran playmaker Kieran Foran (shoulder) is hopeful of being available when the competition resumes.

• Kerrod Holland (knee, round three)
  • Marcelo Montoya (hamstring, round 9-11)
  • Kieran Foran (shoulder, round 3-4)
  • Chris Smith (knee, June)
  • Joe Stimson (shoulder, season)
He is not listed as being injured....???

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's like a Best & Less version of Matt Utai.

Smith has to go back to the wing and Harper has to come back in. Hell I'd even take Holland at Wing/Centre over Chrichton. I really cannot understand how Harper is so low on the list.
I'm pretty sure the next winger our club invest's in will be a midget the way it's going, I thought who is smaller then a midget well knowing Pay he'll probably go scouting to south america for a pygmy.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DWZ
JMK
Lewis
Cogger

Where’s our points coming from especially when we look Clueless tackle 4 with no Tolman

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly -8.5 on the TAB that's better then I thought it would be.
Even with the break and being fresh -8.5 will be covered by manly in the first quarter, and going by my tipping I'm probably 100% wrong, which will be good as we will fluke a win on Sunday.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Canterbury Bulldogs

Marcelo Montoya suffered a hamstring injury at training and is set to miss 8-12 weeks.

The setback acts as a double blow for the Bulldogs after Joe Stimson was ruled out for 5-6 months following shoulder surgery.

Veteran playmaker Kieran Foran (shoulder) is hopeful of being available when the competition resumes.

• Kerrod Holland (knee, round three)
  • Marcelo Montoya (hamstring, round 9-11)
  • Kieran Foran (shoulder, round 3-4)
  • Chris Smith (knee, June)
  • Joe Stimson (shoulder, season)
He is not listed as being injured....???
Yeah didn’t think I saw him down as injured?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No use complaining when 90% of the team is just full of garbage players.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m trying to make sense of this all

Maybe horses for courses..if Foz plays then Wakeham plays with him and the other two named miss out?

Pay thinking those two play well together and is the best out of all possible combinations not involving Foz?

Our Bench looks better than Manly one

If our pack can gain parity for the first 30min then our bench will add something

Fk expecting the worst praying for the best ‍♂
I tend to agree with your theory. It's the only audible option I can think of. I guess that he can also bench one of them and give Averilo a run if either of them are not performing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How much more venting can I do before I'm committed??!!

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Couple of observations:
- The Reimis at centre experiment will be in place majority if not the entire season regardless of form whether we like it or not. The backline would be so much more dangerous with Averillo/Harper at centre.
- In typical Pay fashion, some players seem to randomly earn a starting spot out of nowhere. Based on who got the most gametime in the trials, seems like Averillo and Toomaga were pretty far up the pecking order in their respective positions and showed enough promise. But he goes with Crichton and Sue?? I get you want impact off the bench but its not like those kids are being benched in favor of superstars.
- Tolman has to be injured right? There's no way Pay would drop him. In which case why even name him in the squad? Weird.
- I actually don't mind seeing Cogger back starting as I still think he has a lot to offer and I dont intensely dislike Lewis as much as some. But again, after all the gametime Wakeham has been getting in the first 2 rounds, he cant even find his way into the 17? All this really shows me is Pay has NO IDEA who our halves should be when everyone is fit. I'm assuming he's had a sort of 'partnering foran is up for grabs for whoever wants it' conversation with the halves. Which I'm Ok with if I had any faith in Pay to pick players based on form (I don't).