Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've watched every game bar a couple and we're definitely the worst team in the competition after round 2, Cowboys and Manly are close to us. Broncos looked good vs the Eels right up until the end and if Croft passes the ball they probably beat the Eels. They were blown off the park against the Titans in the first half but they had a much improved second half. They can't defend either but they got a lot more points in them. Of course we're a chance but we're not favourites (it's probably 40/60).
it is a race in two for worst team in the comp thus far between us and the Cowboys and the Cowboys have the better squad and hence, the better chance to turn things around

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree and actually had this game and round 1 as our only wins in the first 5. I have never tipped or bet against the dogs but I certainly won’t have them in any multi this week.

I am trying really hard to buy into Barrett mania...I was never a fan before his appointment but was more than willing to get on the bus to support the club and still am. But fark me, the opening 2 rounds have been depressing and I am struggling to see miracle improvement.
the 'Dogs last season were tough, did not beat themselves with errors, but we're totally inept in attack and hence, the three total wins but a lot of losses by 6 points or less

allowing for the fact that the opening two games were in torrential rain, it is still noticeable the difference in the team in defence and completions

I think we need to bring in more coaching on the defensive end

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like 6 certain to play finals to me, the rest are varying degrees of ordinary. Early days for a new team so i'm not throwing the towel in just yet.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah ok, fair enough. Just saw he played lock for Mounties in rd1. Guess I'm looking forward to him playing NRL this weekend..? Idk someone tell me whether he's been in good form
Same crap he was dishing out before.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like 6 certain to play finals to me, the rest are varying degrees of ordinary. Early days for a new team so i'm not throwing the towel in just yet.
I reckon 7 certain. The knights still have Ponga to come back . They have a better side than last year.

So only spot left.

And we ain’t getting it

sleepy dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So there’s a whole new coaching staff a whole new spine new systems to learn and after two games against two teams that will be playing finals football and one of them contending for a premiership in the pissing down rain you guys have established that we looked better under pay. May I remind you pays first game in charge we got flogged by Melbourne and roosters and we had a way better squad. Put things into perspective overall our club is doing so much better. Player retention, new signings, sponsorship our on field performances will come. We will
Loose more games than we win this year and the sooner everyone accepts that the better systems will
Take time to learn and develop you guys want instant success we’ve been shit worn no improvement for 5 years this doesn’t get turned around easily you have to build towards success that only started at the end of last year

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were ok against Parra mate and that formline has been proven .

But we are definitely a chance if :

1. We get at least some sort of fair go from Cummins ; and

2. Our forwards don’t let Pangai Jnr sodomise us like he did last year.

If either of the above happens we are 0-3
I laugh at your comment because you even think it's possible to get a fair go from Cummins.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a concerning side to name. I think half of these players were in better form last year and also in better physical condition. The forwards just look small, weak and fragile. Also out of curiosity why did we release Remis Smith when we didnt have a strong set of starting wingers in the first place let alone satisfactory depth in the position. Sounds like a huge mistake from Baz, potentially one i dare say he will regret.

Cant see him lasting past this season at very best.
After Reimis left, Crichton got a season ending injury, not that Crichton is any good either.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also can we stop saying "dry track this.. dry track that"... it won't change things much at all. You do realise that the other team is ALSO playing on a dry track. And its not like we are a team known for speed and skill regularly lol. Stop with the misplaced hope.

Brocnos backs are so much faster than ours. On a "dry track" they'll be even more dangerous than we will ever be.
And those outside backs will have a field day with Hopoate and Katoa.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The time has come for a Ricky Stuart style clean out of this roster, time is up for these under performing flops. Fail against this piss poor Broncos side and that is the final nail.
Isn't that what Trent is doing? He cut 8-10 last year & will probably cut another 15 for next year. Mostly you have to wait until they are off contract because our players are reserve grade quality & not wanted by anybody.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it’s simple, rip into those fowards tell them stop playing like a bunch of pussys and when Thompson back we will look a bit better. Dry track to hoping to see our halves and fullback link up well I’m positive we can win. If we’re honest we were never beating Penrith and it was expected, looking at thag knights game we put a decent half in ober time we will look better I’m optimistic

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Isn't that what Trent is doing? He cut 8-10 last year & will probably cut another 15 for next year. Mostly you have to wait until they are off contract because our players are reserve grade quality & not wanted by anybody.
Yes hopefully, we shouldn't re-sign any of the duds that are off contract except for maybe 2 as backups (not starting team or bench)