Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It’s not so much about spraying in front of the group, it’s that play allowing you as a coach to hold him accountable in front of the group. This has a great impact on the rest of the team where they see the highest profile player is coachable.
This happened during the year with some of the boys not currently playing and the reaction from certain individuals was poor, hence why this team is here. They’ll come good.
I understand where you're coming from but I just don't see how picking out an individuals flaws in front of the team can be a positive thing? You can achieve the same result privately (or even drop them if need be) to relay that message. As a coach, it shows you respect your players.

Again, it's just my take on the situation. I've obviously never coached in my life, so it may be a different dynamic in the sports world.

Malla

Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from but I just don't see how picking out an individuals flaws in front of the team can be a positive thing? You can achieve the same result privately (or even drop them if need be) to relay that message. As a coach, it shows you respect your players.

Again, it's just my take on the situation. I've obviously never coached in my life, so it may be a different dynamic in the sports world.
Showing the best player can still be coachable impacts the others to follow. That’s leading by example. Can’t do anything like that in private in a team sport, they’re supposed to hold one another accountable.
If you ever decide to coach, you will understand. Some teams you don’t need to, this team you clearly do.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Got told that Fox got absolutely sprayed in the sheds. Ciraldo blasted him for lack of effort and called him out, the room went silent.

Ciraldo may send a message and drop Fox next week.. believe it or not lol
Fox effort has been shit, but he's not that metre eater winger ... if he's roasting fox, I hope he gave Burton a fucking rinsing.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Showing the best player can still be coachable impacts the others to follow. That’s leading by example. Can’t do anything like that in private in a team sport, they’re supposed to hold one another accountable.
If you ever decide to coach, you will understand. Some teams you don’t need to, this team you clearly do.
So what you are saying is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

We all know Bennett is known to be a great man manager and is well respected by players he has coached. This to me suggests he does speak to them privately when needed.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bellamy does it

Malla

Reaction score
Bellamy does it
they all do it.
Bellamy has done it so long, he doesn’t even need to be there anymore, players run the video sessions themselves

So what you are saying is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

We all know Bennett is known to be a great man manager and is well respected by players he has coached. This to me suggests he does speak to them privately when needed.
How do you get that from everything I have said?

Bennett also does it lol What did Bennett do at the beginning of the year?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching them at the game today. No energy. Everything is done so fucking slow. They pass the ball side to side without actually moving forward. They are legit the dumbest footy team. Burton misses kicks for touch from penalties. Then they score. The amount of times we lost the ball on the first tackle. Burtons kicking game is shit. The leaders aren’t leading.

I’ll use Fox as an example. I remember going to the Broncos game RD 2 last year. You could hear him screaming on the field for the full 80 mins. Today he was mute. He’s the energy bringer. He bought nothing. 1-17 the team was shit. Wilson impressed. Waddell tried hard. But the rest are useless *****.
You have nailed it on the head.
Senior players below
Reed Mahoney
Burton
Ado Carr
Max king
Luke Thompson
Jayden Okunbor

Everyone one of them have regressed something silly at a rate of knots .
It’s not normal
Can bulldogs make headlines in 2024 with a senior player revolt against ciraldo??
The effort seems like sabotage to the brand and in all honesty we make St George and tigers look like premiers some weeks it’s ridiculous.
Gould u get paid the big bucks
Fix this already

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
they all do it.
Bellamy has done it so long, he doesn’t even need to be there anymore, players run the video sessions themselves

How do you get that from everything I have said?

Bennett also does it lol What did Bennett do at the beginning of the year?
Look I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't agree it's the best approach.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah ok drink the cool aid. We can't judge a defence coach on his defence. Typical cuck mentality.

The assistant won't last.
Come on look at the forwards we have had this year.
This is where we have been pounded.
Along with lack of a playmaker, Perham at fullback (CC surely regrets this after today).
Even today, with an already weak roster, we have Preston, Kiraz and Burns out.
The attack, or lack of it was a big problem today.
Sexton does take the ball to the line but from there on we are slow motion.
Especially when twinkle toes Perham shows his style.
Burton has to look hard at himself. He has had it too easy before coming to the Dogs.
He needs a swig of the Terry Lamb spirit. He just doesnt stand up and grab the game.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did they announce after the game who’s departing or is that after next week ?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you watch the footy you wanna watch the footy, the NRL shouldnt allow that sort of undermining , treachery and bad sportsmanship.
Have written NRL.
Personal issues are not a public debate,

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Come on look at the forwards we have had this year.
This is where we have been pounded.
Along with lack of a playmaker, Perham at fullback (CC surely regrets this after today).
Even today, with an already weak roster, we have Preston, Kiraz and Burns out.
The attack, or lack of it was a big problem today.
Sexton does take the ball to the line but from there on we are slow motion.
Especially when twinkle toes Perham shows his style.
Burton has to look hard at himself. He has had it too easy before coming to the Dogs.
He needs a swig of the Terry Lamb spirit. He just doesnt stand up and grab the game.
Can't argue with what you said bro. Especially about Burton.

Not death riding him as he doesn't need help and no other options to replace him.

It's actually more on Gus than the assistant, an assistant trying to coach a putrid team that had been tapped on the shoulder early in the season, while in a rebuild, for 5 fkn years, was NEVER the logical option.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need a coach like Ricky Stuart to throw these players under the bus like he did at Parra and sack most of the roster
Our churn of 10 players a year for 3 straight years kinda mimicked Stuart's Parra efforts.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If he's roasting Fox, he needs to nuke Burto.
I get where you are coming from but they are 2 completely different personalities. Burton will get a different type of conversation.