Round 25 - Dogs vs Cowboys - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might get crucified for this but is it just me or Klemmer has done nothing exceptional this year for us. Don't get me wrong he runs hard and makes meters and tackles but X factor he isn't anymore. Like when was the last time he offloaded and it made any difference say like how sbw used to. I'm a Klemmer lover and adore him but I just haven't seen him absolutely fire up this season.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might get crucified for this but is it just me or Klemmer has done nothing exceptional this year for us. Don't get me wrong he runs hard and makes meters and tackles but X factor he isn't anymore. Like when was the last time he offloaded and it made any difference say like how sbw used to. I'm a Klemmer lover and adore him but I just haven't seen him absolutely fire up this season.
I won't crucify you but I reckon he is nearly always one of our best.
I guess we all want to see what he bought to nsw in 2015 and that storm game at belmore in 2015. Hard to replicate that each week I reckon.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I won't crucify you but I reckon he is nearly always one of our best.
I guess we all want to see what he bought to nsw in 2015 and that storm game at belmore in 2015. Hard to replicate that each week I reckon.
I think klemmer will be unleashed tommoro night he will destroy the cows.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's because he has been starting, and very rarely is he on the field with Kas. Even when he is its only for a short period.

They are twin wrecking balls and need to be played side by side.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's because he has been starting, and very rarely is he on the field with Kas. Even when he is its only for a short period.

They are twin wrecking balls and need to be played side by side.
It's another problem with Tolman and Graham playing at the same time because the opposition can focus on stopping Klem and not worry about the other two doing any damage.

Malla

Reaction score
If we lose we could finish as low as 7th lol

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer isn't used properly.

He's easily marked by our predictable one out hit-ups with no support.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Schick Hydro Preview: Canterbury Bulldogs v North Queensland Cowboys
Belmore Sports Ground
Thursday, 7.50pm

Bring your sound metres and your seismologists… Thursday night's blockbuster at Belmore Sports Ground is set to shake the earth to the core.

Raincoats will also be in order with bleak and breezy conditions expected in Western Sydney through Wednesday and leading up to kick-off.

This will be a game with noise and intensity unmatched by any other this season, and it should give the hosts a much-needed shot in the arm after a far-from-convincing past two weeks.

Meanwhile the Cowboys appeared to get their groove back in last week's 34-6 drubbing of the Warriors. However, road form is a completely different discussion for this club, and you simply won't find a more 'away' type of atmosphere than a wet Thursday night at Belmore.

The Bulldogs have named a big body in Danny Fualalo to replace the suspended Sam Kasiano, while Ben Spina makes way for the returning Matt Scott, who will push Scott Bolton back to the bench.

Watch out Bulldogs: The Cowboys look to have their mojo back in the nick of time after a 28-point thumping of the Warriors last week. Johnathan Thurston marshalled his men well as we saw something of a return to trademark execution, but it was more about the impactful involvements of Michael Morgan and Lachlan Coote to help balance the field. Statistically, the two players did not get their hands on the ball much more than previous weeks but they were more dangerous with it.

Last Saturday turned out to be little more than a tune-up game for the Cowboys, which is exactly what they needed to re-ignite their top-four push.

Watch out Cowboys: The interstate game, the crowd, the five-day turnaround, the weather... the Cowboys have it coming from all angles on Thursday night, and it will require a top-shelf effort to win their way back into the top four by the end of 80 minutes. Their road form has been poor and they rarely play games in the wet, which spells bad news with decent downpours forecast around Western Sydney leading up to kick-off. Whoever is more willing to get down and dirty will walk away with the two points and likely sew up a double chance in the finals. No one relishes these types of games and conditions more than Canterbury half Josh Reynolds, so expect the No.6 to come up with the kinds of hustle plays that can ignite a crowd and turn a match.

Key match-up: James Graham v Matt Scott. Both pack leaders should stamp extra authority on this one, with the Dogs losing Sam Kasiano for a couple of weeks and the Cowboys facing a five-day turnaround. Scott's rest against the Warriors last Saturday means he should be the freshest starting forward on the field, which will come in handy as both sides crank up the contact in such a significant game. Not lost on us is that these men are two of the game's best passing props, which is key in dismantling each other's defensive lines. Expect the likes of Jason Taumalolo, James Tamou and Ethan Lowe to push up ready to receive the ball and hit a hole either one or two passes away from Scott, while Graham will help the home side generate effective shifts. Thursday night should feature a decent level of support play in the middle to spread the defence to lessen the harshness of contact, and tire the opposition forwards.

The history: Played 34; Bulldogs 21, Cowboys 13. It would appear that North Queensland have been getting the better of the Dogs' pack recently, having won four of the past five games. The Cowboys have been scoring plenty of points over that time, posting 20 points or more (and averaging 26) in every one of the five games. Generally speaking, recent games have been low-scoring.

What are the odds: All of the money has been on North Queensland, with Sportsbet reporting five times as many dollars wagered on the Cowboys in the head to head market. Punters think it'll be a close one though, with North Queensland 1-12 the favoured winning margin. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Match officials: Referee: Jared Maxwell. Assistant Referee: Chris James. Touch Judges: Michael Wise and Rohan Best. Senior Review Official: Bernard Sutton.

Televised: Channel Nine – Live coverage from 7:30pm; Fox Sports 1 – Live coverage from 7:30pm.

The way we see it: Picking a winner here is like splitting hairs, but we do expect a very low-scoring affair. Neither side has a discernible advantage in such games, but we think the difference will be the Dogs' higher desperation levels in front of an expectant crowd that was let down in their Round 5 clash with Canberra. Their desperation will be too much for the Cowboys; Bulldogs by 6.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Match officials: Referee: Jared Maxwell. Assistant Referee: Chris James. Touch Judges: Michael Wise and Rohan Best. Senior Review Official: Bernard Sutton.

Oh no! Jared Maxwell on field and Bernard Sutton in the Bunker!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The weather conditions should favour Desball, apart from our kicking game.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Oh no! Jared Maxwell on field and Bernard Sutton in the Bunker!
We are screwed

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the Broncos can come back and beat us after we flogged them by 40 points I cant see why we cant do the same to the cowboys.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
If the Broncos can come back and beat us after we flogged them by 40 points I cant see why we cant do the same to the cowboys.
My friend, that's because the Broncos try and play footy. I don't know what the fu3k we do out there. After so many years with this pathetic structure, our two props still get in the way on the last tackle and look like they don't know what the fu3k is going on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully there are some changes to the lineup before kick off...2 backrowers on the bench is ridiulous in these conditions and for us. Eastwood looked totally unfit last week and Fualalo has been playing limited minutes since his return. Des is likely planning to play Graham/Tolman for massive minutes, expect 20 odd hitups from both of them tomorrow night. Much rather push Eastwood to the bench or bring in Perrett as he actually is match fit and has been pretty much the best forward on the field in recent NSW cup games. Must carry a 3rd prop on the bench imo.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My friend, that's because the Broncos try and play footy. I don't know what the fu3k we do out there. After so many years with this pathetic structure, our two props still get in the way on the last tackle and look like they don't know what the fu3k is going on.
And surprisingly we probably would of still beat them if we didn't handle the ball like was covered in soap and the players had Parkinson’s Disease. Hopefully this is the cows worst game all season.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I had similar thoughts about Jackson last year, that said, I still felt he was one of our best EVERY week, but it just felt like there was more he could do (and I know that is unfair)

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This rainy weather will help us . If it continues to rain I see us beating the cowboys.

Malla

Reaction score
This rainy weather will help us . If it continues to rain I see us beating the cowboys.
Heavy rain forcasted all night tonigh and tomorrow.

I agree with you because they will be without Granville and has Thompson who is a half playing at hooker - should benefit us a lot as well given it's in Belmore.

Man .. i don't care if we win 1-0, just really want to win tomorrow night. Get it done.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Attitude, desperation, mongrel, line speed and bit of courage and heart for the jumper
That is where it will be won tomorrow

Not on the team sheet but who wants it more

Status
Not open for further replies.