Official Round 25 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats that Wakeham goss? Missed that.
Someone here posted it can't remember who. But apparently wakeham gave it Barrett's double standards of treating players after the Bondi covid drinks thing. And wakeham was dropped and not even with the squad in qld when they first went up

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signing off for 2021 our team showed what they are made of. Both teams today had nothing to play for yet we were up for it and they clearly weren’t. Proud of the way they played up until the final whistle and protecting the 0 which I think meant a lot.
Let the new recruits role in and hopefully we at least get into a position like the Sharks, Raider or Titans by the end of 2022 I will be calling the season a success. With Gus around I can only believe 2023 we are back in the race for the 8 year on year thereafter.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's called developing a player. Blind Freddy could see He has potential. If a Coach can't get the best out of a player with potential, get rid of the coach
There's potential to develop and then there's giving a player enough chances to impress and finally accepting that their ceiling isn't that much higher than what they currently are

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have to give credit to some of the players that have not performed this year. With 50% possession & much more adventurous footy, hopefully something to look forward to next year.
* Kotoa - best game for the season. Kick well from DH.
* Patolo - best game this year.
* Schouup / Allen - best defensive effort. Did not Jam in unnecessary
* Meaney- best game this year & his mother aggressive performance
* Wakeham - best game of the season. End of set kicks were generally good.
* Ogden - performed well. No lazy patches in defence.
* Hethrington - best game, performed well on the edges.
* kick & chase ... much much better

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sort of wish we still had Meaney next year haha. …. Don’t fret we resigned Kotoa and Oku

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Signing off for 2021 our team showed what they are made of. Both teams today had nothing to play for yet we were up for it and they clearly weren’t. Proud of the way they played up until the final whistle and protecting the 0 which I think meant a lot.
Let the new recruits role in and hopefully we at least get into a position like the Sharks, Raider or Titans by the end of 2022 I will be calling the season a success. With Gus around I can only believe 2023 we are back in the race for the 8 year on year thereafter.
Better days are coming mate, soon we'll forget this year

Reactions: ATT

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
today's game score was totally unexpected, glad to see the team send those who are leaving out winners

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I did, said it when we signed him. Nobody remembers it, just me bagging the shit out of him when he was stinking it up in the middle lol.
No I remember it and agreed cause he was a beast on the edge when filling in at the warriors. I always liked him on the edge even more so if we play TPJ in the middle cause we need someone to cause havoc on an edge. Literally don’t have any other strike on the edge at all.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really don't know how to feel after that.

All year we have watched the team fumble and flop through the season seeming to be directionless and clueless. The first time this year we have held a side to zero but it didn't get me excited like it would have in years gone by.

Could it be that I was like Pavlov's dog...conditioned to accept a loss?

I can't help but feel that we didn't deserve to win today because the side we played against just did not turn up....is that wrong?

However, we did win, the stats from our game for the most part were the best for a while and we tried things.

A bit of positivity with the hope that next year we will be better and we will finish away from the spoon.

Still don't know how I feel......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago we pumped the Dragons by 38-0 at Kogarah to deprive them a final spot. Can’t remember which season.
Canterbury Bulldogs crush St George Illawarra 38-0 at Kogarah, Cronulla beats Newcastle 38-12
Posted Sun 26 Aug 2018 at 1:36pmSunday 26 Aug 2018 at 1:36pm, updated Sun 26 Aug 2018 at 6:51pm

The Dragons are set to limp into the finals after a terrible loss to the Bulldogs at Kogarah, while the Sharks get the job done against the Knights at home.
Beaten by the Bulldogs to end both their 2015 and 2017 campaigns, Sunday's blow wasn't as fatal but left them sixth and with their top-four hopes in tatters with just one round to play.

The record loss at the ground includes both the Dragons' games there as St George prior to their merger, and since joining with Illawarra in 1999.

Centre Euan Aitken (hamstring), winger Jason Nightingale (elbow) and hooker Cameron McInnes (concussion) finished the game early, while number one Matt Dufty began the game on the bench after being bumped out of the full-back spot.

The Dragons were their own worst enemies with 14 errors, and were booed off the field half-time as they copped their second hammering by a bottom-eight team in three weeks.

Canterbury winger Reimis Smith scored a hat-trick, former Dragons Brett and Josh Morris both scored once while five-eighth Lachlan Lewis produced a kick for one try and forced four line dropouts.

A top-four team for all but one of the first 23 rounds, the Dragons can only return there if they beat Newcastle convincingly next week and either Cronulla or South Sydney lose to their bottom-eight opponents.

The loss marked their sixth in eight weeks, was their biggest ever against Canterbury, and against any team at any ground in 12 years.

Off from the opening stages, the Dragons fell out of the match midway through the first half when the Bulldogs scored three tries in the space of 10 minutes.

Two of those came through Smith, who went 70 metres to score once and then snuck another one in with a left-handed put down just centimetres inside the right-edge touchline.

Smith then completed his hat-trick in the 65th minute when he again went 70 metres in almost identical fashion after Will Hopoate fielded a kick and put him in space.

Dragons half-back Ben Hunt had a day to forget and was at one stage jeered by the home fans when he kicked the ball dead midway through the second half, just a set after he could only get his knee to a last-tackle play.

"He's just absolutely so low on confidence at the moment ... Origin footy, when he got dropped back to the bench for Game III has just zapped all his confidence," rugby league Immortal Andrew Johns said in commentary.

"When you're out of form or out of confidence you just need to strip your game back. At the moment I'm not seeing that from Hunt."