Official Round 25 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will Hopoate will farewell Bulldogs fans with his final match in the blue and white against the Tigers at Moreton Daily Stadium in Redcliffe on Sunday (4:05PM AEST).
Hopoate, has long been a favourite amongst Bulldogs fans, having joined the club in 2016, and represented the blue and whites on 123 occasions leading into Sunday.

During that time the versatile back has scored 24 tries, and has set up many more with his quick hands and understanding of the game.
The only other change to the Bulldogs side for this week is the return of Corey Waddell from suspension, to start in the second row in place of Matt Doorey, who unfortunately suffered a season ending ACL injury against the Sea Eagles.

The Bulldogs can also confirm that the following off-contract players will be leaving the club at the end of this season:
Dylan Napa, Will Hopoate, Lachlan Lewis, Nick Meaney, Renouf Atoni, Sione Katoa, Dean Britt, Chris Smith, James Roumanos, Brad Deitz, Watson Heleta and Kiko Manu.
Bulldogs Chief Executive, Aaron Warburton, thanked all the players for their efforts on behalf of the club:
"I'd like to take this opportunity, on behalf of the Bulldogs, to thank all of the players that are departing at the end of this season, for their efforts during their time at Belmore.

Every player is a part of Bulldogs' history and will always be welcomed back to the club.
We now wish each of them, and their family, all the best for the future."
Match: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs
ROUND 25 - SUNDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER
4:05pm

No.PlayerSponsor
1Nick MeaneyHy-Tec
2Corey AllanGuardian Venue Management
3Will HopoateCincotta Chemist Campsie
4Aaron SchouppAustralasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings
5Jayden OkunborCanterbury League Club
6Brandon WakehamPenny's Crispy Pork Crackling
7Kyle FlanaganSydney Freezers
8Ava SeumanufagaiIntello IT
9Sione KatoaJay Productions & Events
10Jack HetheringtonMMX Projects
11Corey WaddellTLH Recruitment
12Joe StimsonDental on Evaline
13Josh Jackson (c)Daily Press
Interchange Recovery Partners
14Bailey Biondi-OdoKhalil Family Lawyers
15Ofahiki OgdenUrbanista Café & Convenience
16Chris PatoloYour Property People
17Jackson TopineMcDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba
Reserves
19Falakiko Manu
20Dylan Napa
21Jake Averillo
22Watson Heleta

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't mind him staying on minimum. Good back up and has potential. Looked good in ore season was unlucky to injure himself.
It wouldn't make much sense with Okunbor and T. Katoa already taking those positions up in the reserves. Maybe a contract outside the top 30 (same with Ogden?)

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Christian Crichton not leaving ???
Didn’t someone say or might have read somewhere he got extended as reward for his dedication and hard work to rehab after surgery

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As predicted the players leaving have been mentioned. I'm surprised Heleta is going, I think he was a better prospect than Katoa.
Time isn't on Helata's side he is pushing 26 and he has done the rounds at a few clubs and hasn't cracked NRL.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess this is the last reshuffel of the deck chairs on the Titanic at lest for 2021.