Official Round 24 Bulldogs V Sea Eagles - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What’s funny about this is manly Looked so dogshit at the start of the year and now people think they can win the comp lol…. I remember going on their forums at the start and they were calling for haslers head
Turbo saved haslers career. If turbo was out all season I reckon Hasler would have been sacked

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's good at hooker, but he's wasted there. Last week he looked like he was just ordered to give good service to the flange and not really create
If he sticks to it he will end up doing what he wants because he will become one of the best players in the team..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's good at hooker, but he's wasted there. Last week he looked like he was just ordered to give good service to the flange and not really create
You forgot to mention...tackle tackle tackle.I agree he will be wasted there as a tackling machine like Lichaa..

KL is right he may get choices(fk i hope so)because he is a kid who i guess just wants to play FG and would do his utmost wherever he gets played for now, that may not last beyond next contract discussion time...

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he sticks to it he will end up doing what he wants because he will become one of the best players in the team..
I don't doubt that...I'm just hoping that we don't repeat the mistakes of the past ie Thurston (although I know we don't exactly have an in-prime Sherwin and Anasta in the halves and he's re-signed)

I'm sick of not having a halfback that can steer the team around, create try scoring opportunities and defences just not knowing wtf they're going to do when he's got ball in hand with men running inside and outside him

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forgot to mention...tackle tackle tackle.I agree he will be wasted there as a tackling machine like Lichaa..

KL is right he may get choices(fk i hope so)because he is a kid who i guess just wants to play FG and would do his utmost wherever he gets played for now, that may not last beyond next contract discussion time...
Omg if Barrett just wastes his potential and turns him into Lichaa...... :rage:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't bother watching. Unlike these imposters, Bulldogs of old would at least put up a fight despite the difference in class between the sides.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tommy Turbo has been named for Manly............Awesome
Trbojevic and Saab will play tag around our centres and wingers all day. Should exceed their previous score over us, easily.

We'll give away the usual penalties and repeat sets, and can guarantee at least one player sin binned.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s my tip mate. Put a nice big marbled steak on the barbie. Call a mate with Jamaican connections to sort a splif. Open a bottle of really good whiskey and pour yourself a 3-4 finger drink.

30 mins before kick off, smoke the splif, skull the whiskey, take the steak of the bbq to rest for 15 mins and get all condiments ready with some nice fresh bread and butter in a comfy spot near the telly. Grab a stubby or long neck of your favourite beer, log into the kennel on your laptop or phone and enjoy your steak.

By the time the game starts, you will be happily satisfied hunger wise, off your chops and half cut so the game should be bearable and the game day thread hilarious..

Your welcome.
It seems our pre game warm up's are fairly similar baz...................

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah he's not bad at hooker,and if you are measuring him against Katoa he's fucking Harry Grant jr but he's wasted at 9 for mine, probably because I am one of the few here that has seen him play HB.
A few weeks ago I was calling for him to be in the halves and saying Barrett is going to waste him at dummy half, piss him off in the process.

Yes he is VERY raw, plenty of growth but ATM he is a dead set roo in the headlights half at NRL level... Doesn't have the composure for it like he does as a rake.

Obviously not counting the kid out but the difference was evident in the few times he played in the halves...

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know what instruction barret gave him for the two games he played at 6 but it was pretty evident to me at least that he was not not the primary playmaker, he looks good at In our side at DH Because he is getting his hands on the ball first and controlling the ruck not standing two passes wide living on scraps from avo jmk and katoa. He should be our primary play maker nothing will change my opinion on that. @KLil

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hey, look on the bright side.....at least Tommy Turbo is out.....oh wait. This is gonna get very ugly. :cry: