Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bittersweet victory. Glad we won. But, it would have been alright if the warriors won as well. That's cos i don't want MBYE and the annoying tigers to be in the finals. Mbye doesn't deserve finals
They won't make it

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it again today, but I'm loving Remis Smiths efforts. I'll admit I doubted him in the past wish some defensive issue in ISP, but he's well and truely won me over. Hope he continues this form into next season and doesn't catch a case of the Montoyas.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And i can just as easily argue that fatigue and lack of momentum contributed to some of those events. If we rotate our players more effectively and they're less fatigued then we're more likely to win back momentum? No? Our line speed can improve and we could force and error, we could have more possession, we could be more effective in the ruck, etc.

If you honestly think our rotations were great and well timed then so be it. You also need to stop sooking at any sort of criticism of Pay, i've literally complained about only a single aspect of todays game and you lot are acting like i'm blaming him for absolutely everything lol.
Because you complain over and over and over and over again about the same thing. About Pay being a shit coach, instead of giving it a rest for one day and enjoying the win like the rest of us. I rest my case

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree to an extent. Ogden comes on far to late and makes an error... I didn't blame the kid he's just trying to make an impact in the limited time he is getting thanks to the coach having him warm the bench. It needs to be managed better and hopefully it's rectified in the off season
Yes, i just don't see why people get so protective and just flat out pretend like things aren't an issue. There's only 2 middle forwards that play excessive minutes straight in the NRL and they're Burgess and Trbojevic, no idea why Pay feels Tolman needs to be another and essentially have us rotating with 2 forwards all game.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone actually see Ogdens error? From what I saw, the camera man zoomed out early, and Ogden seemed confused as to why the ref blew the whistle.. they never showed a replay suspiciously..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And i can just as easily argue that fatigue and lack of momentum contributed to some of those events. If we rotate our players more effectively and they're less fatigued then we're more likely to win back momentum? No? Our line speed can improve and we could force and error, we could have more possession, we could be more effective in the ruck, etc.

If you honestly think our rotations were great and well timed then so be it. You also need to stop sooking at any sort of criticism of Pay, i've literally complained about only a single aspect of todays game and you lot are acting like i'm blaming him for absolutely everything lol.
Lol...ok Super Coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because you complain over and over and over and over again about the same thing. About Pay being a shit coach, instead of giving it a rest for one day and enjoying the win like the rest of us. I rest my case
I did enjoy the win and still am. Still doesn't mean i can't talk about issues. And i complain over and over? Well maybe if people stopped pretending like these issue don't exist and accept them then i wouldn't continue posting.

If you want to pretend that there were no negatives and just want to enjoy and talk about the positives just ignore my post. I won't reply to you if you don't.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it again today, but I'm loving Remis Smiths efforts. I'll admit I doubted him in the past wish some defensive issue in ISP, but he's well and truely won me over. Hope he continues this form into next season and doesn't catch a case of the Montoyas.
I would love to see him at fullback just see him run the ball back. I think he would eat up metres faster than Hoppa and even break the line on return.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not only did everything that could go against us did, but we shot ourselves in the foot all game.. so that's a big win not just in the context of our season. Lachy also shares my birthday, so I'm feeling very moist right now :laughing:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
our on line defence was awesome today really looking forward to next year and once again to my surprise Elliot was a stand out

3rdgendogfanWA

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like when?

Plus a coach can only do so much in the box during the game, the club needs to desperately look at assistants to help Pay.
Lichaa looked tired before he pushed that pass to Lewis, and I think Ogden could of had more impact with more minutes as Tolman’s runs were going nowhere’s...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Without a doubt! 2 calls that come to mind was the pushing Smith in the back and then Jackson got penalised for apparently tackling in the air. Either way it's great to see shit calls don't make the boys put their head down they just keep playing

Gavet also shoulder charged Klemmer on that hit but yeah nothing from the refs lol
100 percent, msn. But the problem is Pay’s bench rotations. El-oh-el

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's so much thought put into his runs, he looks for a weakness in the line and wants to power through it and get the better of his opponent. So many of our players just take runs for the sake of it and end up going straight towards the first defender infront of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.