News Round 22 vs Dolphins

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm keen to see Wilson developed before Skelton as a FG player. He really seems to know positional play much better. Safe under the high ball. Is fast and support play is coming along too.. Perhaps we see Averillo and Wilson share FB and the wing til seasons end.
1 Averillo
2 Wilson
3 Burns
4 Kiraz
5 Fox
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 King
9 Mahoney
10 Sutton
11 Kikau
12 Preston
13 Morrin
14 Skelton
15 Knight
16 Hughes
17 RFM

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised that everyone leaves Wilson out of their teams. Based on what i saw yesterday I would play him at fullback. Averillo to 6 and Burton to centre where he might have a clue of who he is supposed to tackle.
Averillo is leaving and we signed Sexton. There’s no point in playing Averillo in the halves.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Legit if we sign Knight and he walks straight in at the expense of Hughes I'll be pretty pissed.
Hughes must run too hard for Ciros game plan. Every time he plays he makes a decent hit up and either gets hooked off the field or dropped the next game.

If he took 12 hit ups for 65m he’d have played every game.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because of him continually picking perham, I have high doubts about CCs picking and choosing of players (which goes into recruitment too)

I reckon he'll drop skelton because

1. Skelton only had a debut because he was forced to
2. JAC is on the right and skelton has only played right so it's same side in same side out
3. The reasons skeltons debut took so long was because he was bitching and complaining about his defence
4. He's shown he doesn't make the right selections
JAC has always been on the left side except under dud coach Fittler in games 1 and 2 origin.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
64 million dollar question.
Will CC find a spot for Okenbor?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Avo
2. Fox
3. Burns
4. Kiraz
5. Skelton
6. Burton
7. Sexy
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Tpj
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Waddell
14. KO
15. Hughes
16. Pele
17. Knight

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd be leaning towards ...

1 Averillo
2 Wilson
3 Skelton
4 Kiraz
5 Fox
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 King
9 Mahoney
10 Sutton
11 Kikau
12 Preston
13 Waddell
14 TPJ
15 Knight
16 Morrin
17 Oloapu / Okunbor
18 RFM
19 Topine

Think it's time to try Jeral in the centres with Braidon always injured and unsigned for next year.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Team Tips: Cameron Ciraldo revealed the Bulldogs will welcome a host of big names back in to their side in Round 22. Viliame Kikau’s return will see Tevita Pangai-Junior move back to the bench, shifting Sam Hughes out of the team. Josh Addo-Carr will take Jeral Skelton’s wing spot, while Reed Mahoney will likely revert back to the starting team, moving Kyle Flanagan to the bench with Toby Sexton also slotting in at halfback. Jake Averillo will return to fullback which will see Hayze Perham make way. Ryan Sutton is also a chance of return on the bench, while Braidon Burns will likely take Paul Alamoti’s spot in the centres upon return from an abdomen injury. Meanwhile, Jacob Preston will take up his backrow spot, replacing Jayden Okunbor with Harrison Edwards a chance of making way. Young gun Karl Oloapu could also return from a neck injury and slot on to the bench.
Not sure who wrote that article. Seems like a lot of speculation. Really after weeks of getting belted & most of the squad becoming available again, we really can no longer consider giving:
1. Okunbor
2. Flanagan
3. Sutton
4. Perham
5. RFM
a run each week. Don’t seem to really add a lot.
Our season is gone now, so we need to look to 2024 & find some way to give decent minutes to:
1. Skelton
2. Sam Hughes
3. Burns
4. Edwards
5. Oloapu (again)
for remainder of season.
If Liam Knight is a confirmed transfer, he will no doubt slot in to one spot. Not an easy job to pick that team each week for best results.

Last edited:

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
  1. Avo
  2. Skelton
  3. Burns
  4. Kiraz
  5. Fox
  6. Burton
  7. Sexton
  8. King
  9. Mahoney
  10. TPJ
  11. Kikau
  12. Preston
  13. Morrin
  14. KO
  15. Knight
  16. Hughes
  17. Waddell
  18. Ok
  19. RFM

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I'm keen to see Wilson developed before Skelton as a FG player. He really seems to know positional play much better. Safe under the high ball. Is fast and support play is coming along too.. Perhaps we see Averillo and Wilson share FB and the wing til seasons end.
1 Averillo
2 Wilson
3 Burns
4 Kiraz
5 Fox
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 King
9 Mahoney
10 Sutton
11 Kikau
12 Preston
13 Morrin
14 Skelton
15 Knight
16 Hughes
17 RFM
True its a hard one and they are different style of players, I am really liking the look of Skelton on the right wing though. Kiraz was complaining about being a battering ram, now Skelton taking the first hit up, doing damage and getting a quick play the ball, Its a pretty good 1, 2 punch that will help get us on the front foot. With most 7s in the comp (Cleary, Reynolds, Hughes, Hynes etc) being predominantly right side players with a right foot kick so kicking right to left to our right side winger most of the time they should see plenty of ball.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Or could just go with experience for once

8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Knight
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Sutton