Official Round 21 Bulldogs V Tigers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Andrew Ryan? Was he even a noted ball player? 94 pack had 5 genuine ball players Dymock, J.Smith, Pay, Bella and Britt. Put josh Jackson a decent pack and he would be a rep player every day of the week. He’s only doing the first receiver stuff because we are so lacking of a genuine ball player whilst Averillo and Bbo are so inexperienced.
Rep player! Those days are long gone. There would be more then ten players in front of him

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He isn't a halfback but I don't see why he can't continue to develop as 5/8 or fullback. I don't care if he moves to centre either. The issue is that Baz isn't playing to our strengths. He's a ball runner and that's what he has done all through the grades, just let him run the ball. How often did Bailey and Jake linkup today? I could probably count it on one hand. You beyond stupid coaching.
Who does he play?

Our kicking game has sucked, it was again awful today, and not just the short game (with the exception of BBOs repeat set earn). Our metres from kicks was poor today, and has been a lot of the season. Lewis tends to get good metres in a game (500+), but he isn't here next season. The decision has been made to play guys who are still going to be here next season, regardless. We don't have a good kicking half fit and in our squad who is going to be here next year.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hetherington gets hit high in first half. pleads with the ref to pay the high hit. gets nothing

luciano puts a shoulder into hetherington. hetherington throws him to ground gets penalised.

hetherington tackles around the shoulders and gets sent for 10
No one else sees that.
I’m not sure if Hetho or Avo has taken the Baton from Lewis that flogged it off Reynolds [emoji23]

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thommo is our only starting NRL standard forward. Avo is not an organiser. JMK has no vision. Hoppa has lost everything. Roster is rubbish. Foran was the only reason we won any games last year. Napa and Hethrington are the two biggest liability penalty target props in the NRL. No kicking game. Limited impact off the bench. You could not put together a worse roster if you tried .
Every single time Hoppa takes a hit up he gets driven back

He must be the weakest Tongan player of all time [emoji38]

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who does he play?

Our kicking game has sucked, it was again awful today, and not just the short game (with the exception of BBOs repeat set earn). Our metres from kicks was poor today, and has been a lot of the season. Lewis tends to get good metres in a game (500+), but he isn't here next season. The decision has been made to play guys who are still going to be here next season, regardless. We don't have a good kicking half fit and in our squad who is going to be here next year.
You have both halves kicking then, put more pressure on the back 3 to position themselves and don't make it so easy for them knowing where the kicks are coming from every bloody time. When Jake wasn't the primary kicker earlier in the year he actually found space with a fair few of his kicks because they backs were all set for Flanagan.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree, once Meaney signed with Storm it should have been
1. Avo
6. Lewis (unfortunately)
7. BBO
But anyways we only have a month of pain left lol
The truth is and I know this is not the answer but we usuaslly play better with Lewis in the side. Probably not a good sign for the rest of our halves in our roster. BBO looks a little small but he is a whippy player.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no basic structure to fall back on and its all over the place. A mess and they have no discipline for the principles of the game. Just a bunch of blokes running around the field.
I agree to a degree but I think it’s the total opposite. I think they are playing to structured… they are so structured they look lost when it comes to attacking. If I was baz I’d be like there isn’t much left just go out and play footy. The guy looks out of his depth coaching this mob

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Observations
* team let's in easy tries from kicks nearly every game.In this game the two scored, we did not even attempt to defuse. WTF training is Bern done!!
* the same with Bulldogs attacking kicks, there is no hang time for players to compete. Avarillo kicks are all end-over-end , can't do a floater or spiral!! By this stage of his development, he should be able do.
* Jackson was playing 5/8 for most of the game. The problem it made the attack predictable. Quick service to the backline was not possible.
* BBO had a good game, nothing spectacular but did his job with the occasion glimpse of brilliance. He must call for the ball more often as he settles in
* with 10 minutes to go & chasing points , Kotoa comes on as dummy half? Especially as JMK was playing well & looking dangerous.
What the fuck was Jacko doing in the halves? He’s an old forward, bloody act like it. Hope BBO doesn’t get dropped next week for lack of involvement.

And Craptoa…srsly wtf? Why is he STILL being selected ahead of players that will be there next year?

Yay for Meaney for finally cutting them up through the middle…only a couple of years late

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have both halves kicking then, put more pressure on the back 3 to position themselves and don't make it so easy for them knowing where the kicks are coming from every bloody time. When Jake wasn't the primary kicker earlier in the year he actually found space with a fair few of his kicks because they backs were all set for Flanagan.
You only have so much time each week, you can't make up for not having a good kicking half with an hour of kicking tactics midweek. This is especially true for us at the moment, where we've had to resort to simple football Pay style.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hetherington gets hit high in first half. pleads with the ref to pay the high hit. gets nothing

luciano puts a shoulder into hetherington. hetherington throws him to ground gets penalised.

hetherington tackles around the shoulders and gets sent for 10
No one else sees that.
I’m not sure if Hetho or Avo has taken the Baton from Lewis that flogged it off Reynolds [emoji23]

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a very low standard game - pretty much a below average NSW Cup standard - Tigers were not much better - dogs had more stupid on display - we needde the tigers to play BJ Leilua to even up the level of stupid on both sides.

No other club would persist with players like Hopoate - he is less than a statue - Napa/ Hetherington who are just dumb and dumber and a few others competing to be the actual dumbest.