Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol we literally have no other option and you still want to sack the one of our halves who didn't suck on the weekend. Typical Kennel logic.
What do you mean he didn’t suck?

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just watched the Fox's press conference and everyone needs to relax. He said he felt like the team was on top "pretty much the whole time" v Manly but some bad luck cost them.

He also said "Rome wasnt built overnight" which is pretty accurate.

It wasnt built in a day either by the way Josh.

If we could somehow manage to build a decent halfback and some middle forwards either overnight or within a day that would be handy though...
He must have been re-watching games from his Storm days

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just watched the Fox's press conference and everyone needs to relax. He said he felt like the team was on top "pretty much the whole time" v Manly but some bad luck cost them.

He also said "Rome wasnt built overnight" which is pretty accurate.

It wasnt built in a day either by the way Josh.

If we could somehow manage to build a decent halfback and some middle forwards either overnight or within a day that would be handy though...
Manly did everything they could in that first half to give us a chance to get back into the game and we couldn't. We were lucky the score was only 12-6. We were never on top from start to finish. It's just losers mentality and it needs to stop from the club and players (and fans accepting it). 6 years of this crap now.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My question to the kennel is this: if we select Karl Oloapu sometime soon and he has a bad one (which I hope he doesn't) will you all turn on him or will you give him time to learn and grow?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
My question to the kennel is this: if we select Karl Oloapu sometime soon and he has a bad one (which I hope he doesn't) will you all turn on him or will you give him time to learn and grow?
You give him the whole year. I only have an issue selecting duds with no potential week in and out without any repercussions (Flanagan, Waddell).

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest problem is that the team has a "loser" mentality. Until such time that turns to positive, it will be hard to win any games.
The other massive problem is the amount of errors. You cant be competitive, if you keep turning the ball over to the opposition.
The other "fix" is to have a 1/2 and 5/8 stand on each side of the ruck. Flanagan always looks for Burton to pass to.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you bring in Karl you gotta have an experienced player next to him like Reynolds

You cant have Karl and Burton as the starting halves....Recipe for disaster

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a standard RFM game sadly! I dunno why our guys just can't run straight and hard.
If I’m Ciraldo, I’m telling RFM to put the way Olakau'atu plays on video loop and just watch it over and over.

Then I’m saying I don’t want you to do anything else, just that, now go out there and do it.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I’m Ciraldo, I’m telling RFM to put the way Olakau'atu plays on video loop and just watch it over and over.

Then I’m saying I don’t want you to do anything else, just that, now go out there and do it.
I will say in his defence that I can't remember one good ball he's received from Flanagan.. I really was hoping Kyle's ball playing would improve but it's not looking promising

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

RFM doesn't have Ola's speed, strength, fend, footwork or hands. I'm not sure what he offers outside experience (and tbh it's not good experience). He loves the club I guess.

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Regardless of what Storm team is picked they have a system in place and a style of playing and most of the time they do their job. It’ll be amazing if we win this game!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you bring in Karl you gotta have an experienced player next to him like Reynolds

You cant have Karl and Burton as the starting halves....Recipe for disaster
Yep they are both play 5/8. Karl may even end up a lock. There is no way he is a halfback

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
YUCK!

20 point loss incoming.

The centre will have a worse game this week trying to make up for last week.

The backwards will go backwards and Mahoney will carry the team by himself again.