Official Round 2 vs Storm Match Discussion

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know that Ocky was only on for a few minutes, but did he knock the ball on .... if he did I didn't see it! Given his size, why the hell can't someone turn him into a rugby league player. And why didn't the Roosters lock up Preston when he was with the North Sydney Bears?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
More like his boys were off a bit and no Papy, still we stamped our name on the game and controlled the 80, cruise control.
No Papy, and no Munster. Too bad. All teams have players sidelined - we are no exception.
Considering our team, the Storm should have done a Manly on us. The Dogs were just better.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that Ocky was only on for a few minutes, but did he knock the ball on .... if he did I didn't see it! Given his size, why the hell can't someone turn him into a rugby league player. And why didn't the Roosters lock up Preston when he was with the North Sydney Bears?
Time for Okunbor to develop into a bench forward, and bring him on in last 20 minutes of the game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There were some great camera shots today, but I think my favourite was seeing Potter at the back of the coaches box. Really pleased hes around.
What was Barrett doing in the Parra coaching box? Is he the Eels defensive coach?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bellamy didn't have one of the Top 3 spines in the NRL for a change and his roster tonight on a par with what most other coaches have to try and succeed with.

Bellamy falls apart in distress bc the players couldn't dominate like they have in years gone past in the days when they had best, 2nd or at least 3rd best roster and/or SOO/Australian/NZ spine.

Whinger! :grinning:

Last edited:

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Said it before his attack frustrates me. However, his defence is excellent very underrated in that regard.
one of the best defensive halves imo, and that’s because he’s a complete effort player. In terms of effort, Bellamy would rather Flano than Wishart to be the 5/8th. Kicks have also improved. Just needs better decision making in attack

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They reckon Bellamy has the right to go off given how they played. If he was in any other job talking to his staff like that he’d be performance managed and sacked. His behaviour is disgraceful. They reckon he’s one of the best. His behaviour is unprofessional. It’s not passion, it’s bullying.
Compare with CC, night and day.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We’ve had no choice but to play the long game mate. So hopefully those flickers of light at the end of tunnel aren’t the train coming the other way!
Well we have salary cap space according to Gus but he has been very pointed and selective in who he has bought as there has been a bigger investment in juniors of late. We don’t necessarily have to take that strategy but given we are I think the future is bright after wins like today.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
one of the best defensive halves imo, and that’s because he’s a complete effort player. In terms of effort, Bellamy would rather Flano than Wishart to be the 5/8th. Kicks have also improved. Just needs better decision making in attack
He needs to see what is in front of him and play that to advantage.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was 15 threads last week bagging everyone from the coach to the players to Gus to the ball boy.

I just jump on for some feel good threads but there isn’t as many :p

i didn’t even get a proper chance to watch it tonight. Thank goodness for Kayo. Can’t wait to watch the replay and really dig in and enjoy it