Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not surprising we get the worst time slots. We literally have been the worst team in the comp for the past 5 years.

Need to string some wins and show some decent attack
I remember the good old days when Parramatta was down the bottom of the table

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Herbie and Capewell could be a threat on the left edge. Niu is also the type of player that we struggle to contain. Forwards overall seem to match up well?
My worry is TPJ defending on the edge. Waddles did a decent job there last week, need TPJ in the middle.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie downer / a Marley, but we had the faster average play-the-ball speed compared to our opponents in all but five of our games last season. The only teams that outpaced us were the Titans (x2), Tigers (x2) and Knights (x1).
Didn't know that .... bit of a shock, as we always appeared to be dominated.

You just Farked my night.:cry::cry:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Cody Walker that always tore us a new one at Souths, not Reynolds.

Reynolds is a fairly composed player, but Walker is more dangerous with the ball.

Is Burns against Staggs or Farnworth?

Also noticed that Isaako has been dropped to reserve, Cobbo on the wing, and Tesi Niu in at fullback.

Oates and Cobbo are wingers.

Broncos on paper can do some damage if their side fires on the night.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy with the team. Patolo and Wakeham back in the extended squad. Surprised to see Reece Hoffman up there too. Ava is the experienced head though I do enjoy Patolo’s development. I wonder what his ears would be in NSW cup. Like Atoni and Ogden would run for 200+ meters and bag a meat pie in Reggies, but make limited impact in FG. I rate Patolo above both of them. Once RFM and Doorey are back, we actually have some decent depth in the pack to cover injuries and suspensions which is nice. For all the shit Okunbor cops, so long as he has an error free game, he’s one of the better wingers in the comp at his yardage and offloads work in the backfield. He’s also not terrible at finishing as well which is all we need our wingers to do.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Cody Walker that always tore us a new one at Souths, not Reynolds.

Reynolds is a fairly composed player, but Walker is more dangerous with the ball.

Is Burns against Staggs or Farnworth?

Also noticed that Isaako has been dropped to reserve, Cobbo on the wing, and Tesi Niu in at fullback.

Oates and Cobbo are wingers.

Broncos on paper can do some damage if their side fires on the night.
Burton terrorising these guys with kicks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t know what side he will defend on probably Brisbane left our right against Hethro so I’d be sending Hethro at him from the get go.
Reynolds on the right so TPJ will be on that side (unless we change before kick off for whatever reason).

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The side that was announced will not be the run on side.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How nice to have a half who can actually put towering bombs up that are hard for opposition to catch.
It also doesn't allow them to attack the kick and make metres straight away.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Farnworth fucking torched Hoppa last year