Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We lost to the broncos the last couple of seasons when they were a wooden spoon side, but we do have a good record in Sydney against them, not so much in Brisbane…. This will be an interesting match, gotta match them in the forwards

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure why no one has made this thread yet but assuming we are going to field similar team. In TPJ Out Patolo?

1 Duff
2 Ok
3 Burns
4 Naden
5 Fox
6 Burton
7 Averillo
8 Thompson (fan of him coming off the bench but will be named to start)
9 JMK
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington
12 TPJ
13 Jacko

14 BBO
15 Ava
16 King
17 Waddell

18 Schoupp/Allan (if Schoupp needs to start due to unavailability of Burns or Naden)
Surprise...Not really :-)
Let's be fair, TBaz can't change a winning side, I only hope we don't pay the price with a loss !!!

Last edited:

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's be honest, we CAN beat them but it's up to the rorted refs to let us.
Let’s just hope we don’t get Cummins much this year, he always seems to favour whoever we play. And I’ve always suspected it’s because of that time we played south’s on Good Friday and James Graham went off and our fans were chucking stuff at the refs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Broncos halves don't really seem much of a threat. Corey Oates is the Broncos equivalent of Okunbor so i hope Burton bombs him every chance he gets.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos will be hard to beat. Reynolds first game. They will show up. Their forward pack will be tougher than cowboys too. I was worried against cows for their backs. This game it's the forwards. Riki, Carrigan, Capewell, Haas all quality forwards.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Disadvantage broncos have is one inexperienced wing and an aging awful oates. I hope we target oates side more, put bombs that are well timed to test him. Jack hetherington running at reynolds and for that offload will be handy. Carrigan is a solid good player but isnt a lock and has no clue how to ball play and i say we have that advantage because on Friday he slowed down their attack tremendously, like worse than Jackson. We gotta shut down cobbo and staggs fox and burns seem to help defensively so i hope no carnage is done. Also remember broncos tries were off intercepts and josh mansour’s defense so its kinda given to them but with reynolds it might change