OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's only a trail...
It's only round 1....
Its only round 10...

Same bullshit you hear from the muppets every year. Stop confusing delusion with optimism and reality with negativity.
Mate, I will go nuts in rd 1. Trials are the only limit to my patience. [emoji23][emoji23]

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate, I will go nuts in rd 1. Trials are the only limit to my patience. [emoji23][emoji23]
Most dickheads don't understand that people's concern is not just how the played in a trial, the concern is the putrid display in the trial is the same bullshit we have seen the last 7-8 years.

I wish I was a delusional **** like them and not know/accept that we need a coach, a spine and a pack of forwards before we resemble a top 8 team.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's only a trail...
It's only round 1....
Its only round 10...

Same bullshit you hear from the muppets every year. Stop confusing delusion with optimism and reality with negativity.
More dribble from the dribbler

Clown !

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well this thread went exactly how I thought it would :tearsofjoy:
I'm not writing them completely off, just worried that the assistant hasn't addressed our obvious issues.

Our defence looked better on paper, but the way they scored them was disgusting.

Reality is we bought shit players and expected them not to be shit. That's not negative, that's reality. I didn't expect a GF performance last night, just wanted to see a little sign in improvement.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another clown for the ignore list , Dribbler....
Good fuck off with your useless posts.

You obviously have no fucking idea to try to discuss glaring consistent issues so you just post "insults"....typical shit ****.

Last edited:

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I assume Hughes was injured after a head clash with Hazelton just before half time - hopefully minor/precautionary - same with Curran not having a second period on the field - seemed to pick up a leg injury.
Yes - you’re right. Was going to come back on but club Dr. didn’t give him the green light. No need to take risks in trial.
Hazzletom didn’t get up quickly after the clash but seemed ok.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
During the off season I've been praying they work on their defence at the very least, and it looks like they've done that. Good scramble, they're quicker off the line and moving as a unit. That's one big positive that I've noticed so far.

Also, Critta is gonna be massive for our team. We'll win more games this year just by having him in the side.

But yes, our attack still looks disjointed and predictable. Possibly nerves? Mahoney needs to concentrate on quick passes from the ground first and foremost rather than taking the ball to the player. It all starts with him.

Overall I have mixed feelings about the team this year. I'll give 'em til Round 5-6 to iron out the wrinkles, coz there's still a few there.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not writing them completely off, just worried that the assistant hasn't addressed our obvious issues.

Our defence looked better on paper, but the way they scored them was disgusting.

Reality is we bought shit players and expected them not to be shit. That's not negative, that's reality. I didn't expect a GF performance last night, just wanted to see a little sign in improvement.
I agree bro, there are some big issues there, fullback is a real concern and Mahoneys service is diabolical, that said , our pack held their own against a huge sharks pack and most where saying prior to the game that we would get rolled through the middle, it didn’t happen, the one area of our game I wanted to see an improvement in was our commitment in defence and that has improved 10 fold on last year. You can build your attack on the back of good D but you can’t do it the other way round. I said 10-12 th before the season started and that’s where I think we’ll land this year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree bro, there are some big issues there, fullback is a real concern and Mahoneys service is diabolical, that said , our pack held their own against a huge sharks pack and most where saying prior to the game that we would get rolled through the middle, it didn’t happen, the one area of our game I wanted to see an improvement in was our commitment in defence and that has improved 10 fold on last year. You can build your attack on the back of good D but you can’t do it the other way round. I said 10-12 th before the season started and that’s where I think we’ll land this year.
I agree with all points you make. The lapses in defence which gifts tries are there but like you said, their commitment has improved.

Wanted Hynes to play to get a real read on them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Both window lickers who think they know everything. Would be a better site without them.
Can cry about them all you like... But look back to posts about Lachlan Lewis for example, every man and their dog jerking him off saying he's the next best thing.
That's where the notion of 'negativity' can be wrong, some people just see things for what they are and call them out.
Not every poster should be a sideline mum cheering for absolutely everything otherwise you end up with boring forum... just my opinion though.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I said this all along about Xerri.. it’s going to take him a couple months to get his body back into game shape you just can’t take 4 years off and walk back into grade, especially after how much the game has changed. People here thought the opposite tho lol
I think we need Kiraz on the wing because of his yardage out of our own red zone we really struggled today against the big sharks pack. Wilson tries hard but he’s still not ready for first grade imo. I really hope Skelton can take another leap this year he would be perfect

Also that number 10 is not first grade material he really struggled up the middle and pretty much let Wilton go in untouched

Also think Hutcho will play half because of his defence. He needs to be better with the ball but his defence was great.
Hutcho more at fault for the first try

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can cry about them all you like... But look back to posts about Lachlan Lewis for example, every man and their dog jerking him off saying he's the next best thing.
That's where the notion of 'negativity' can be wrong, some people just see things for what they are and call them out.
Not every poster should be a sideline mum cheering for absolutely everything otherwise you end up with boring forum... just my opinion though.
Problem is they think if you point out faults that you're a hater.

Some of us can't just sit there and be delusional. They whinge about "negative" posters where some people's optimistic bullshit is even worse.

Too many people who put their participation awards up on display in this place and it shows...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with all points you make. The lapses in defence which gifts tries are there but like you said, their commitment has improved.

Wanted Hynes to play to get a real read on them.
Yeah, I thought Hutch might be ok as a stop gap for this year in the seven jersey, but I was way wrong there and sexton wasn’t any better when he came on, but Mahoney was doing neither of them any favours with his service from DH, he simply cannot keep playing 80 mins imo, I know Hayward fucked up but he’s a better attacking DH than Mahoney by a considerable margin and he should be in a rotation IMO.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought Hutch might be ok as a stop gap for this year in the seven jersey, but I was way wrong there and sexton wasn’t any better when he came on, but Mahoney was doing neither of them any favours with his service from DH, he simply cannot keep playing 80 mins imo, I know Hayward fucked up but he’s a better attacking DH than Mahoney by a considerable margin and he should be in a rotation IMO.
That's the thing, I knew our recruitment was putrid apart from Critta and Curran but im not going to rip into you who thought differently to me.

Mahoney, like Burton, have actually regressed more and more the long they play for us.

Another long year bro... and sadly, what we are talking about now will be recycled this time next year.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only a trial...
It's only round 1....
Its only round 10...

It’s a trial bra. We defended well. Sharks made fuck tonnes of mistakes too, they only scored second try off our mistake. We were unlucky not to score. Cry harder