OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s a trial bra. We defended well. Sharks made fuck tonnes of mistakes too, they only scored second try off our mistake. We were unlucky not to score. Cry harder
Ok 2024 premiers!

Spin shit harder.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe we signed Mahoney over Api yes he is younger. But is so much worse Api carries the tigers whilst Mahoney arguably makes us worse (sometimes) when he tries to overplay his hand and his shitty passing like yesterday killing any momentum.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm on the "too many excuses on here and not enough acknowledging of the realities in our poor play" camp as well.

Got abused for expecting more accountability from CC in our performances last year...but...saw this point and it really must be considered as well as regards to what we can realisticly expect from the team (at this point).

"Sharks are an established roster with an average of 40 games playing together. On the other hand, our average is 4".

Haven't tested those stats but it sounds about right and it must make a difference re confidence in your team mate and what they can do to combine and get you out of a hole.

Having said that there are some players that just aren't playing to their reputations, or pay packet either, and therefore have run out of excuses...that is not the Bulldogs way.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the thing, I knew our recruitment was putrid apart from Critta and Curran but im not going to rip into you who thought differently to me.

Mahoney, like Burton, have actually regressed more and more the long they play for us.

Another long year bro... and sadly, what we are talking about now will be recycled this time next year.
Mate I think we all knew that we weren’t recruiting a top eight side for this year, but we’ll keep the decent ones and move on the rest while continuing to bring on our kids. The likes of salmon are where the value is at for us this year he’s been good so far. Xerri has been a lot better than I expected for a bloke that hasn’t played for years. It’s not going to be a break out year for us but I don’t think it’s going to be all bad either.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate I think we all knew that we weren’t recruiting a top eight side for this year, but we’ll keep the decent ones and move on the rest while continuing to bring on our kids. The likes of salmon are where the value is at for us this year he’s been good so far. Xerri has been a lot better than I expected for a bloke that hasn’t played for years. It’s not going to be a break out year for us but I don’t think it’s going to be all bad either.
This year I'll be happy not being the Byedogs, as in I'll be happy if teams actually have to earn the 2 points and it's not us giving them a training run and 2 points on a platter.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No, it was 10s fault. Hutcho, Xerri and Wilson all went up in a straight line and the 10 was stuck in mud on the tryline. Just too tired. Watch it again.
He was lacking he's, but Hutchinson overshot also, gap was huge, bigger than 1 player

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No, it was 10s fault. Hutcho, Xerri and Wilson all went up in a straight line and the 10 was stuck in mud on the tryline. Just too tired. Watch it again.
Yep as the A defender was his assignment and he missed it all together and he got hooked for it.

Last edited:

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah call them terrible for the last 5 mins of a game....

PS massive fkn lol @ taaffe looking better than Papa.
He did look better. He attacked the high ball. Papali ran away from it. Watch the game again. First game as well.

Taaffes ceiling certainly isn’t as high as Papali. But the kid needs more time. It would destroy his confidence in our team currently. Maybe next year he moves straight into the one when our forwards are more dominant and the rest of the team is settled.

We just have to accept that it will take time for our juniors to be ready for first grade. And it’s better to have experienced players in most positions to guide them through.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Defence was a lot better.

Poasa struggles after about 12 minutes and becomes a defensive liability.

Established player under most pressure - Mahoney - surely will improve on what he showed last night

Taaffe Hutchison n Sexton (in his short stint) also poor - Taaffe cant be that bad again!! (hope)

Still going to struggle unless the middles get sorted and the halves straighten the attack.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's only a trial...
It's only round 1....
Its only round 10...

Same bullshit you hear from the muppets every year. Stop confusing delusion with optimism and reality with negativity.
So true.

We simply don’t have the team to be competitive against the best sides at full strength. But I do think that will change this year and next.

Negatives. Still dropping way too much ball. Still not scoring points.

Positives. Defence is much better. Kicking game is much better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reed needs to fuck off from first receiver particularly when we are attacking in opp 20
100% how the fuck to do go a simplified role with clean AF service at Parra for his halves, to the shit we see now. To me that's 100% a coaching issue.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would appear we may be a better defensive unit this year but our attack still does not get a pass mark. Same old story no line bending middles and a spine that offers little skill or spark.
The new recruits have done nothing to improve this long standing weakness.
Here’s hoping our talented youngsters continue their development and we will likely be treading water at best until they are nrl ready.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many games does cirraldud get before Gus shows him the door and yes I know it's only a trial but surely we need to be near tenth by the halfway mark of the season any lower will cirraldud get the tap on the shoulder? Going by the two trials this season looks like the doggies might struggle yet again and you cannot keep blaming the players eventually this will fall on the coach jmo.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% how the fuck to do go a simplified role with clean AF service at Parra for his halves, to the shit we see now. To me that's 100% a coaching issue.
He ddoesn't seem to have the several forwards running onto the ball, giving him options, like Parra's game plan. He is running to them sideways searching. CC needs to fix it.

Last edited: