OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
At least our defence looks better. Attack is still super average.

Tracey or Papa in for Taafe.
Sexy in for hutch.
Kiraz in for Wilson.

Nico Hynes plays tonight sharks probably win by 3 or 4 tries…

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's not really a big issue but I can't understand how "downtown" penalties are taken from where the ball was kicked, yet at the end there a cronulla player gets penalised for being offside (in front of kicker) when papalaii got put under pressure, and our penalty was given from where papalaii got touched... has to be downtown right??

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't have much ball?? We dropped it on every 2nd set. How does that not give the sharks "much ball?"
Felt like it was never in attacking zones for a long while there until later in game

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good physical hitout for the team.
Both teams had plenty of errors and lots of poor decision making.

My concern with our team is that our players are constantly looking over their shoulder and trying too hard to impress. It's unfortunately going to be an issue all year.

I'm not fussed with the errors from Hutch and Taaffe. I'd still go with them for round 1.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again I think so so many people have got ahead of themselves this year.

We played decently last week and people became over positive about our young guys coming through, but especially because we had so many 1st graders coming back this week.

Now because the result isn't what people want, we've got the opposite and saying we're utter shit.

The reality is somewhere in between, and people need to tamper their expectations.

We've had a massive clearout of players, and brought in a shitload also. People are expecting things to click overnight?

It's going to take time, especially in attack.

The key for me is attitude in defense as that's where the foundation needs to be.

Seemingly this has improved, so this is a good positive step forward without doubt.

The rest? Let's wait and see, but things were never goign to be pretty in the opening 5 or so rounds as it takes time to build up understanding etc. in attack.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont look at the defense holding the sharks to 12
The sharks were missing Hynes who is the main clog in there attack.
He is there MAIN player in attack.
Our attack is absolutely trash.
The left edge is EXACTLY the same as last season.
Burton has NOT improved at all. He has zero creativity.
We cannot create.
Our middles are very very poor.
We are badly under strength in the middle.
Ciraldo will be under pressure by round 10
Good. The sooner hes gone the sooner I can start living in the false hope that the next coach is the one. But he wont be. And rinse and repeat.