Round 2 Post Match Discussion: Bulldogs v Souffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jamal Idris just secured his state of origin spot.

I loved the way we closed that game.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we will get smashed next week if our attack doesn't improve it was terrible

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
what was the crowd number? shame since 13,000 of our fans had entry...only looked like half of them were there.

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
I thought we were mostly solid - not excellent, but mostly solid. Problems: we really struggled to make metres at times, which we've had problems with for years and which I'm still concerned about. Also, too many penalties! Some of them were unfair (eg Bobcat's for passing the ball after being called held) but we need to stop with the stupid holding down in the ruck.

However, we didn't let in a matchwinning try in the last 2 minutes like we did 32810932 times last year so that's a positive, as is this: we pulled off a decent win with a number of our biggest names injured. Once Eastwood, JMoz and Stagg are back and we're at full strength, who knows what we could do? Definitely things are looking up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lucky to get out of jail, still a solid effort with encouraging signs, we have the winning habit in the final ten, having Inglis knock on made things easier, must be bad karma.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
lol inglis would be thinking now that he should have signed with the broncos!!! if you want your career to go downhill...head to redfern!

Idris = respect! we can't let him go!

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
personally roberts running game on the edges would have helped as theres not a lot of ball running in the halves.we need more spark on the edges if we are going to be a threat 2011...but its a learning curve.:p

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not as good as last week, but we got the two points nonetheless.
we certainly missed stagg, but they are having a dig.
last season we wouldve lost that game for sure.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
I'll take a WIN anyday of the week.

Another scrappy game but some promising signs from the likes of Keating, Idris and Turner

Boys need to stop with the errors after scoring points. Deadset giving the opposition an opportunity to score straight after and be more patient with ball in hand, too many players trying to force their hand and simply making turnovers.

P

PTE HOLLAND

Good to see the boy's are still competetive even when there not on their game

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would hate to be Inglises girlfriend right now.
She should be happy. Hes farked everything hes touched today, she will get lucky tonight.

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good tough win but will need to improve to be real contenders. I thought Idris had a n outstanding game as well as Keating and Tolman. Tolman needs more support from the forwards, he can't do all the hit ups and metres.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Our performance was like paraplegic lap dancer, we got the job done but it wasn't great!

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good win by the boys especially given we played at only about 70% I reckon. Still need to work on our ball control (someone ban Armit from offloading the ball) but its early in the season and I expect that to improve.

Tolman has been a great replacement for Hannant and is younger as well so will only improve especially in "prop" years. I was disappointed we went with Keating over Roberts to start the season but it looks a masterstroke from Moore. He has been good and I think Idris has been one of our best (behind Tolman) this year. Really showing that he deserves a large contract so I'll be disappointed if he moves up here and signs with the Knights.

Good game against the Roosters next Sunday. Think I'll head down for that one !

Status
Not open for further replies.