Round 2 Post Match Discussion: Bulldogs v Souffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gladiator.

we played sh*thouse, good to get the two points but we should have put 30 on souths

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at the brightside. We played like rubbish and still got the 2 points.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a solid win but we still have work to do in ball control, speculative passing and intensity.
The Rabbits defence opened up like a sardine can a few times so we need to keep things in perspective, impressed with our new halves, they made the most of the oppurtunities and that's something Kimmorely failed to do sometimes, keeping an eye on the defensive line.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Ugly win, but a win. When you play below your best and come from behind twice to win, you have a good team.
well said, man i'd love to be playing parra now, and giving them a good thrashing, they've had the wwood on us in recent years, and i'm sick of it.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Armit was great in the 2nd half. With the exception of that failed offload he totally justified being there this week and beyond.

Keating shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. He has good skills and great enthusiasm. Always there in attack or defence. Love his play.

Barba looked great. He isn't going to stop all the players that come at him but his subs at dummy half when Ennis was tackled or out of posi were great. He showed his ball playnig skills with that pass for Lafai and his communication with Turner at the back was great (or untested.. you choose).

Ryan was my MOM. He bent the line all game, looked dangerous with off loads and tackled well. Playing closer in suits him.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As almost every team showed this weekend, it's difficult to carry the required intensity over to the following week after giving your all the game before. So, it's a bonus that we well down on our previous performance and still got the points. But I think the REAL positive to come out of the game was that we at least attempted to offload the ball. The timing was atrocious, but that will come and if we build on the principle of supporting on the edge of the rucks, we are going to blow some teams off the park in the second half of the competition. Especially when Greg Eastwood settles back in.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
barba isnt getting involved in attack except in the op 20. it is written all over his face that he is struggling with workload of an nrl fullback, if other teams notice him sucking in deep ones they will start targeting him.

if he follows pritchard every run he cause havoc

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
My Ratings...

Ben Barba – Dealt with everything he had to deal with. Good in defence. Good positioning. Solid bringng the ball back. 7
Bryson Goodwin – Scored a good try. Made some errors that led to a try. Good out of dummy half. Kicked well 6.5
Tim Lafai – Didn’t really put a foot wrong. Great debut. Skipped past players. Solid in defence 7
Jamal Idris – Dominated Inglis. Strong in attack and in defence 8.5
Steve Turner – Has good coming out of our area and decent in attack. 6.5
Kris Keating – Some decent kicks and a nice individual try 8.5
Trent Hodkinson – Decent kicking. Monster in defence. Decent leading the boys around 7.5
Aiden Tolman – This kid never rests. Got through a mountain of work in defence and attack 8
Michael Ennis – Was very hot and cold. Did enough to win the match and lose it. 6.5
Sam Kasiano – No errors. Some decent runs and decent in attack. 6
Jake Foster – Ran wide and was decent with the ball 6
Andrew Ryan – tireless. Played as a prop/Lock and 2nd rower 7.5
Corey Payne – Played quite well. Hit hard and ran hard 7

Chris Armit – ran well but made some errors that could have cost us the game 6
Frank Pritchard – Ran well. Hit hard. 6.5
Dene Halatau – Ran hard and covered well in defence. Silly penalty 7
Mickey Paea – Ran hard. Defended well. And no silly penalties from what I can recall. 7

ShOwWiie

Waterboy
Reaction score
My Ratings

Ben Barba – 7.5
Bryson Goodwin – 7.5
Tim Lafai –7.5
Jamal Idris – 9.5
Steve Turner – . 7
Kris Keating – 8
Trent Hodkinson – 8.5
Aiden Tolman – 8
Michael Ennis – 6.5
Sam Kasiano – 7
Jake Foster – 6.5
Andrew Ryan – 7
Corey Payne – 6.5

Chris Armit – 6
Frank Pritchard – 6.5
Dene Halatau – 7
Mickey Paea – 7.5

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
barba isnt getting involved in attack except in the op 20. it is written all over his face that he is struggling with workload of an nrl fullback, if other teams notice him sucking in deep ones they will start targeting him.

if he follows pritchard every run he cause havoc[/QUO
Disagree I think he played well. Took some bombs and caught kicks in general play on the full, made a try saving tackle and produced a beautiful ball for one of the Bulldog tries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Trent Hodkinson – 8.5
You thought Hodkinson was our second best player? I envy his defence but he hardly touched the ball in attack and he is out playmaker. No where near our best.

Status
Not open for further replies.