OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I've been screaming for Sexton to be half back since the trials. Hutchinson is just the halfback version of Perham IMO.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
Fixing a dud half with a half thats half a dud is a solution but not exactly awe inspiring.

To me - as much as I do not fancy Sexton - I can sort of see style wise how Sexton 7 and Taaffe 6 could work. Sexton organises and Taaffe runs. Burton would be a magic FB except apparently he doesn't talk - which is a problem. So Crichton to FB, Burton centres and when we need to tonk one, he comes in for the kick.

I'll get flamed for it but who cares. My (and others) idea cannot be worse than the fluff we're putting out now.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fixing a dud half with a half thats half a dud is a solution but not exactly awe inspiring.

To me - as much as I do not fancy Sexton - I can sort of see style wise how Sexton 7 and Taaffe 6 could work. Sexton organises and Taaffe runs. Burton would be a magic FB except apparently he doesn't talk - which is a problem. So Crichton to FB, Burton centres and when we need to tonk one, he comes in for the kick.

I'll get flamed for it but who cares. My (and others) idea cannot be worse than the fluff we're putting out now.
I am sure sexton will get a go at some point, he is a better attacking half for sure but his defence in the last two Reggie’s game has been beyond putrid he would be a huge risk defensively and could potentially make us worse.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I am sure sexton will get a go at some point, he is a better attacking half for sure but his defence in the last two Reggie’s game has been beyond putrid he would be a huge risk defensively and could potentially make us worse.
Don't get me wrong, if Sexton is the answer you're asking the wrong question. But I'm sort of over watching teams moving around like they know what they are doing and watching us clunk through sets knowing the talent in the team.

I see some really good things in Taaffe despite the mistakes. Sort of lite Walsh. Just needs to be in the right situation and expecting good options from clunk and clunkier isn't doing it.

Sexton will get better protection in firsts. Give me a few extra points and I'll work out how to cover the D coz apparently atm its the only thing we can do anyways.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The weird thing is after every game usually I get a barrage of messages/mocks about our team

instead I have been getting messages from mates/fans of other teams saying we aren’t that far off, definitely improved and will have a good rest of season

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought penalising Kikau for a loose arm around the chest and than letting a Cronulla player taking Kikau’s head off and not seeing it was strange
Not strange at all. It's the norm for NRLol muppets. They have an agenda and it looks like they won't stop until they achieve it. It's been going on for decades.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rewatched the game last night. Got to say in both games we have looked very solid. Last 20 mins we seem to drop off a bit but also in last weeks game were robbed by some calls. We definitely look fitter and better defensively than in past seasons.

it sucks we are 0-2 because if a couple of things went our way we could easily be 2-0

the team seem united under ciraldo and I feel like we are building towards something good.

Last edited:

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute delusion. Team has no points in them. In the early rounds we will be ground down and look 'brave'. After round 8ish we will be getting 30 to 40 put on us every. Poor coach, average players, bad administration.
And you call yourself a Bulldog supporter. Ok if that's the way you wanna call it, then I say "A shit teams deserves shit fans". Nah didn't think you'd see it that way.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the refs officiated the game fairly there would have only been a 1 try margin in both contests.

The state of officiating is simply disgraceful and I am glad Ciraldo called it out early in the season. He also did it in a way that avoids the communist censorship referee regime from penalising him and our club.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the refs officiated the game fairly there would have only been a 1 try margin in both contests.

The state of officiating is simply disgraceful and I am glad Ciraldo called it out early in the season. He also did it in a way that avoids the communist censorship referee regime from penalising him and our club.
I do hope he calls it out each game we get reffed out of… then Gus… then Laundy

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I do hope he calls it out each game we get reffed out of… then Gus… then Laundy
There has to be a way that we can do it that avoids giving money in fines to these morons at NRLol HQ. We need a sponsor or a high profile associate outside of the club to slam the referee boss in particular. Nothing changes until the boss of the refs is held accountable.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And you call yourself a Bulldog supporter. Ok if that's the way you wanna call it, then I say "A shit teams deserves shit fans". Nah didn't think you'd see it that way.
Love the club, the administration, players and board on any given day i can take or leave.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be a way that we can do it that avoids giving money in fines to these morons at NRLol HQ. We need a sponsor or a high profile associate outside of the club to slam the referee boss in particular. Nothing changes until the boss of the refs is held accountable.
When the Warriors did it, they got all the calls go their way.

As Toovey once said “Theres gotta be an investigation” hate the **** but 100% agree with him on that.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We had to be a bit smarter in regards to the referee.
All is we had to do was one of our players go to the ref and say I can smell alcohol. Have you been drinking?
It’s easy to defend those comments by saying it could’ve been aftershave or mouthwash, that I was smelling when Peter V comes after you.
It would’ve been front page news the next day.
It would’ve highlighted all the bad calls.
Come on boys play the game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone and everyone who watched the ressies play has said that Sexton has been absolutely terrible in defence.

There's no way he'll be playing firsts until that improves.
Sexton has missed 5 tackles overall in the games this year. 33rd in the NSWRL list. Five other players in the list from our club worse or equal.....

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had to be a bit smarter in regards to the referee.
All is we had to do was one of our players go to the ref and say I can smell alcohol. Have you been drinking?
It’s easy to defend those comments by saying it could’ve been aftershave or mouthwash, that I was smelling when Peter V comes after you.
It would’ve been front page news the next day.
It would’ve highlighted all the bad calls.
Come on boys play the game.
if was another club the germalists would be all over it, cause it’s us there is no chance of it.

Just need laundy to open up and rip in, media wouldn’t be all over that.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watch thatcown annesley on Monday say "close but right" on every f$%king obviously rank call

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone and everyone who watched the ressies play has said that Sexton has been absolutely terrible in defence.

There's no way he'll be playing firsts until that improves.
The people who are saying this about Sexton did not watch the games. He has missed 5 tackles so far.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
The people who are saying this about Sexton did not watch the games. He has missed 5 tackles so far.
Defensive issues have been overstated but he did have a pretty poor game. Could have really put pressure on CC and Hutch by having a good game after a good game in attack last week, but didn’t. So Hutch prob gets 3 more weeks at least.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
You just need to start winning and playing the right way. Ref's on those 50/50's generally go with the better team. With the effort I've seen I can see us turn a corner, but the draw is pretty hard after the Titans game then 3 after we really need to cause some upsets. Gutsy losses won't be enough.

As much as I would change the fullback and halfback, at this point I feel the best way forward is just get some combo's working. We have no quick solutions in our ranks at this point, but as the season develops I feel that this could all change as players push for spots.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus era has got to come to a close. He's taken us backwards. At Penrith, he got rid of cleary. Cleary comes back and they win 3 out of 4 GFs. He's picked up a bevy of fringe players and missed out on marquee big men in the middle, namely Adin Fonua Blake and Tino. Couldn't even get tino over the line woth laundy pub shares. Time for him to go. It's never good having a media personality in the set up. How can you do 2 jobs at once? Doubling up salary, but splitting time. We're not getting the most out of management. Recruiting has been poor. Just two big blokes in the middle could take this club back to the semis. Management have failed in identifying and recruiting some big props. How can our halves and backs fire with no platform? Gus has got to go. His glib and contemptuous commentary on 9 is of no value to the club. He can't get the marquee forwards we need in the door. This club was always built on that platform. Big blokes up the guts. Tunks, Gillespie, Dunn, britt, Bella, Price, Mason, o'meley, kasiano, Graham, pritchard. Teams were scared of us. How in earth are Canterbury going to compete with the packs of Brisbane and Manly? It's been years since Des stuffed our salary cap up. The excuses need to stop. Buck stops with the boars and management. Gus has got to go.