OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You know my history with @CaptainJackson very well. You're not going to find two people who dislike each other on here than us two. But ...

I 100% agree with what he's saying.

Individual results don't tell the whole story.

What is most important to me us seeing a club with an identity and structure that they're looking to implement.

Our defensive structure us much improved and not just a one off based on our first two performances.

Most importantly the players seem to have bought into it as they're showing commitment, determination and passion towards what they're doing.

That disallowed try for us and their try from the knock on is a 12 point swing. We're not half as bad as you're trying to make us out to be.

Sure. The results haven't gone our way but the way we're playing is a step up from last year and if we continue this improvement ...
Know your history? Lol.

So our defence is as good as the Dean Pay days. Awesome. Appears our attack is as good as well despite better cattle. And Deano got sacked.

Some here also pointed at the foot on the line try. Reality is those 18 points were all correct decisions. Do I like it - no. But it is what it is.

And I'm not trying to make us look bad. We're last. We've scored 2 tries in two games. The decisions people have a right to bitch about are not the points decisions.

Just a reminder. Someone here created a thread that quite a few have agreed with titled 'do we know how to pass a football' after the game. Don't remember seeing a thread like that in all the years after a game. And thats improved?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Know your history? Lol.

So our defence is as good as the Dean Pay days. Awesome. Appears our attack is as good as well despite better cattle. And Deano got sacked.

Some here also pointed at the foot on the line try. Reality is those 18 points were all correct decisions. Do I like it - no. But it is what it is.

And I'm not trying to make us look bad. We're last. We've scored 2 tries in two games. The decisions people have a right to bitch about are not the points decisions.

Just a reminder. Someone here created a thread that quite a few have agreed with titled 'do we know how to pass a football' after the game. Don't remember seeing a thread like that in all the years after a game. And thats improved?
Yes. We've improved. It's really simple mate.

I'm simply looking at last year and it's clear as day there's improvement.

If you don't want to or can't see that then ok. Fairs to you.

I just don't agree with you.

As for the "do we know how to pass" point, I think criticising our attack has a lot of merit as we haven't been fantastic on that front.

But we did score 3 tries that first half so again it can't be as bad as people are trying to make out.

And again, for context, we had 7 debutants last week and 1 additional this week.

Natural that our attack isn't great, which is why I'm focusing more on defence.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yes. We've improved. It's really simple mate.

I'm simply looking at last year and it's clear as day there's improvement.

If you don't want to or can't see that then ok. Fairs to you.

I just don't agree with you.

As for the "do we know how to pass" point, I think criticising our attack has a lot of merit as we haven't been fantastic on that front.

But we did score 3 tries that first half so again it can't be as bad as people are trying to make out.

And again, for context, we had 7 debutants last week and 1 additional this week.

Natural that our attack isn't great, which is why I'm focusing more on defence.
3 tries? What 3 tries?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
3 tries? What 3 tries?
We've improved by 10% so he's happy. Let's not talk about every other team also improving tho. Instead of being the wooden spoon team we're the 15th worst team (very debateable)... happy days! Excuses, excuses and more excuses tied in.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched Declan Casey drop the ball cold in NSW cup for magpies v raiders
He’s horrible
I made a whole video thread on Declan Casey’s debut fuck ups, he’s the exception

but well done for the effort, massive reach trying to use basket casey to prove me theory wrong

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
We've improved by 10% so he's happy. Let's not talk about every other team also improving tho. Instead of being the wooden spoon team we're the 15th worst team (very debateable)... happy days! Excuses, excuses and more excuses tied in.
And we have better cattle as well. Reason why spines are paid so much is they matter. Burton is no better than 2 years ago and still has no idea. Hutch, just no. Sexton couldn't get a run with the team we will compete with for 15th but we actually look better with him playing so that in itself speaks volumes.

Is what it is.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You've got a problem mate. Seriously.

Who said I'm happy?

I'm just saying we've improved. And we have.

I'm saying there are positive signs. And there are.

I'm saying seeing the defensive structure and the teams individual and collective approach us good. And it is.

I'm not happy but I can at least finally see the direction we're going in which is great.

I won't be happy till we start winning comps.

And no, I'm not talking about other teams as I couldn't care less tbh as they're all insignificant to me.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Try we scored. Ref interference. Foot in touch ... tho that was second half lol
So we claiming tries where we are in touch now? Well if thats not rock bottom I don't know what is.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So we claiming tries where we are in touch now? Well if thats not rock bottom I don't know what is.
We sit and talk about our attack being shit, and I don't think it's great either.

But, we scored 3 tries so it's can't be as bad as people are making out?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
We sit and talk about our attack being shit, and I don't think it's great either.

But, we scored 3 tries so it's can't be as bad as people are making out?
Fairly sure we scored one try. But hey - maybe you onto something.

I reckon next game at Belmore - we get Taaffe to catch the kick, run into the crowd, hide in amongst the boys on the hill, sneak to the other end of the field and score the try. Ok its not given but we can claim it as a moral try. Do that 6 or 7 times and ok - we get smashed by 40 but we can say we have a great attack as we scored 6 or 7 'tries'.

C'mon bro - really?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fairly sure we scored one try. But hey - maybe you onto something.

I reckon next game at Belmore - we get Taaffe to catch the kick, run into the crowd, hide in amongst the boys on the hill, sneak to the other end of the field and score the try. Ok its not given but we can claim it as a moral try. Do that 6 or 7 times and ok - we get smashed by 40 but we can say we have a great attack as we scored 6 or 7 'tries'.

C'mon bro - really?
Haha.

Sad take but what else can I expect tbh?

Who said our attack was great? Who's praising our attack?

Not me. I'm simply saying it's not as bad as many are trying to make out.

People continually trying to people's words to suit their own narrative. Shame but oh well

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Haha.

Sad take but what else can I expect tbh?

Who said our attack was great? Who's praising our attack?

Not me. I'm simply saying it's not as bad as many are trying to make out.

People continually trying to people's words to suit their own narrative. Shame but oh well
We scored one try. When the sharks had 12. We scored one try last week. At least we are consistent.

You just made an argument that our attack is good coz we scored 3 tries. One of those was in touch and the other was obstruction, no matter how fckd up it was. We have a thread with quite a few comments talking about how we cannot pass the ball. We have threads talking about how shit our halves are. We have threads talking 1, 6 and 7 between a range of different players.

And we're not as bad in attack as many are trying to make out. C'mon - you trying to kill me bro.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am starting to believe there is a football god again………….Newcastle are pumping the cows at home, my prayers are being answered. Thank you football jeebus.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched Declan Casey drop the ball cold in NSW cup for magpies v raiders
He’s horrible
Sorry I had to reply again .. DECLAN CASEY you used Declan casey !! LMFAOO that’s a bikram yoga stretch dude wow

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We scored one try. When the sharks had 12. We scored one try last week. At least we are consistent.

You just made an argument that our attack is good coz we scored 3 tries. One of those was in touch and the other was obstruction, no matter how fckd up it was. We have a thread with quite a few comments talking about how we cannot pass the ball. We have threads talking about how shit our halves are. We have threads talking 1, 6 and 7 between a range of different players.

And we're not as bad in attack as many are trying to make out. C'mon - you trying to kill me bro.

we scored two tries last wk......

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a whole video thread on Declan Casey’s debut fuck ups, he’s the exception

but well done for the effort, massive reach trying to use basket casey to prove me theory wrong
Your theory is wrong
Who else is flourishing

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

When did I say our attack is good? When did I praise our attack?

Again it's twisting things to suits a narrative.

So, because there is so much negativity that just means the negativity is right?

You're quite an intelligent poster at times but this is some leap ...

Our attack is my biggest concern btw but ... yeah, continue with your narrative