OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been saying this for years...

They arent just corrupt against us, it's all games.

They obviously manipulate scores which maximises the profits and/or reduces losses for the owners of the league, the betting agencies.

I really wish there was an ICAC investigation.
Asking ICAC for help is as useless as giving sugar to a donkey.....Ass....I'm confused....

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't understand the forward rotation, but Faamasuali will miss next week. Knight will surely come in. Don't know what is happening with Patolo who played a first half stint in NSW Cup but then was not seen again. Don't know what is happening with Edwards who didn't play NSW Cup tonight. Don't know why Hughes has been extended considering how little game time he is given. Xerri was 18th man, did Patolo join the NRL squad before kick off to cover for injury in warm up?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't understand the forward rotation, but Faamasuali will miss next week. Knight will surely come in. Don't know what is happening with Patolo who played a first half stint in NSW Cup but then was not seen again. Don't know what is happening with Edwards who didn't play NSW Cup tonight. Don't know why Hughes has been extended considering how little game time he is given. Xerri was 18th man, did Patolo join the NRL squad before kick off to cover for injury in warm up?
We had Salmon, Mann and Morrin all in the middle together at one point tonight :tearsofjoy:

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Isn't the maditory stand down 7 days, I think we play Saturday so Faamasuali should be sweet..

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People calling for Curran to play 13, it not gonna happen. Watching the games he’s playing as another prop as we have none. Doings great job too, filling the void. I’ll reserve all judgement until next week. That’s when we are actually in a game that we can win. These first two games we were never going to win regardless. I’ve been surprised by where we are. Yet next week is where I gauge it
Yeah it’s clear we need to use him as a prop for the time being. I like the energy Mann brings, but him and Salmon sharing lock isn’t ideal. I was supporting Salmon as the lock on his trial and round 1 game, but leaning towards Mann now. Salmon has been underwhelming this week and wasn’t great last week either. He’s a pretty good defender though so I can understand him starting the match. Mann is good on his feet though.

People wanna shit on the team and I agree we need to be much better, but seriously when you lose a prop from the kickoff and last week a winger was busted early, requiring a backline reshuffle. Most teams will be affected. I can understand Ciro’s positivity because the important factors like intensity and commitment are definitely there. We need some luck with finishing the game with 17 fit players and not getting sodomised by the ref and we’ll do alright.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching Gus trying to get rid of this latest batch of 30 players is going to be something to behold...
What exactly could Gus do more of to improve the roster,
We all know we are short on quality props and a halfback, it has been well documented how intensely we perused Haas, Tino, Fotuaika, AFB, Hunt, Moses, Luai and Johnson the year before, so it isn't because of lack of effort we missed out it was more like unfortunate circumstances, remember these players were still contracted.
A reminder that 97.5% of the cap must be spent every year, signing players on short term contracts to fill the roster is simply what's needed to be done.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know Preston is making plenty of tackles. But fuck me im pretty disappointed with his lack of effort when it comes to runs and run metres.
It's probably a game plan thing, but I like backrowers that take load off their middle forwards... god knows ours need help

DoggiesHOOHAA

Waterboy
Reaction score
I was at work when I saw the Talakai drop ball to a kick & it pissed me off.

finished rewatching now - we didn't get a single decision & still made it competitive.

thought Burton played a decent game, I didn't think his kicking was too bad rather a lack of people chasing kicks.. Why are we hell bent on putting up bomb&pray's with no chasing or plurality on our kick?? it's baffling to me.
Though I reckon we showed more composure in defence & it has improved. But that is useless without good attack and any middle punch, all our forwards will gas out in the last 20 minutes even if we are leading. Worrying.
& Curran <3

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it’s clear we need to use him as a prop for the time being. I like the energy Mann brings, but him and Salmon sharing lock isn’t ideal. I was supporting Salmon as the lock on his trial and round 1 game, but leaning towards Mann now. Salmon has been underwhelming this week and wasn’t great last week either. He’s a pretty good defender though so I can understand him starting the match. Mann is good on his feet though.

People wanna shit on the team and I agree we need to be much better, but seriously when you lose a prop from the kickoff and last week a winger was busted early, requiring a backline reshuffle. Most teams will be affected. I can understand Ciro’s positivity because the important factors like intensity and commitment are definitely there. We need some luck with finishing the game with 17 fit players and not getting sodomised by the ref and we’ll do alright.
There’s not much more to be honest. I’ve said before too, we are a team that needs to ice there chances. That was difference today between us getting one try or four. It really wasn’t that far off, Kikau quite easily could have had a double, and Wilson also. We have struggled now both games around 60min mark right in behind the play the ball. I don’t know he how address it. As we so small in that area

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Couldn't reply straight away as I got on my bike and started riding as soon as I saw this.

Have been knocking on his door (front not back) for the last 10 mins or so, but nothing.

Don't get why people openly ask for something, and when someone takes up the offer they back down.

He's just a dick tease, that's all he is