Round 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did Brookvale just finish off BMoz’s knee?
What happened mate? Hubby turned the TV over to check on the election progress and sad to say did not get back to the game. Eagles good comeback or the Roosters went to sleep???

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happened mate? Hubby turned the TV over to check on the election progress and sad to say did not get back to the game. Eagles good comeback or the Roosters went to sleep???
Bmoz got tackled and took out a big chuck of turf just before half time and limped off. He didn’t come back for the second half and spent it with his knee iced. Roosters had 1 on the bench and coasted home.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bmoz got tackled and took out a big chuck of turf just before half time and limped off. He didn’t come back for the second half and spent it with his knee iced. Roosters had 1 on the bench and coasted home.
Thank you..I wonder, was it the same troublesome knee that has been an issue for years....

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...ts-for-no1-jersey-after-serious-knee-surgery-20151219-glrg9g.html

A routine knee clean-out resulted in a far more serious operation for Brett Morris, who has put his hand up to retain the Bulldogs No.1 jersey after finishing his first season at the club "on one leg".

Morris was plagued by injuries throughout 2015 as he battled hamstring and knee complaints which restricted him to just 14 games. It was a knee injury which progressively deteriorated from about round 20 which caused Morris the most grief. The surgery involved stem cells being inserted into his knee after the doctors found significant damage.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/06/14/injury-update--brett-morris/

Morris, who has endured significant setbacks due to shoulder, hamstring and knee injuries over the past three years, found himself back in sky blue for the series opener, performing strongly outside centre Jarryd Hayne. The 30-year-old concedes the knee problem is something which will affect him throughout the remainder of his career

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I still can't watch more than 10 mins of the nrlol, even last week I struggled to make half time, only way I made it to HT was because I hadn't finished my drink lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still can't watch more than 10 mins of the nrlol, even last week I struggled to make half time, only way I made it to HT was because I hadn't finished my drink lol
Well we playing for a win tomorrow Mate, so you best be watching the 80 lol..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well we playing for a win tomorrow Mate, so you best be watching the 80 lol..
Win, lose or draw I used to watch them, but the thing that kills me is the lack of pride and passion.

Poodles are playing for paychecks and not the people that give them their paychecks.

I know I sound like an old fart but I'm just old school. Have some fucking pride in you work, whatever you do for work.

PS I had to leave at HT last week as I was at a pub and wasn't in the mood to be arrested lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you..I wonder, was it the same troublesome knee that has been an issue for years....

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...ts-for-no1-jersey-after-serious-knee-surgery-20151219-glrg9g.html

A routine knee clean-out resulted in a far more serious operation for Brett Morris, who has put his hand up to retain the Bulldogs No.1 jersey after finishing his first season at the club "on one leg".

Morris was plagued by injuries throughout 2015 as he battled hamstring and knee complaints which restricted him to just 14 games. It was a knee injury which progressively deteriorated from about round 20 which caused Morris the most grief. The surgery involved stem cells being inserted into his knee after the doctors found significant damage.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/06/14/injury-update--brett-morris/

Morris, who has endured significant setbacks due to shoulder, hamstring and knee injuries over the past three years, found himself back in sky blue for the series opener, performing strongly outside centre Jarryd Hayne. The 30-year-old concedes the knee problem is something which will affect him throughout the remainder of his career
It looked similar to the knee injury he got at Brookvale when he was playing for us. Any type of serious injury would have to put a doubt on his career. Hopefully it’s not too bad for his sake.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Noticed some sides having problems getting into the rythem of attacking structure left to right, right to left.
More kicks on the line wouldn't hurt, early days.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Win, lose or draw I used to watch them, but the thing that kills me is the lack of pride and passion.

Poodles are playing for paychecks and not the people that give them their paychecks.

I know I sound like an old fart but I'm just old school. Have some fucking pride in you work, whatever you do for work.

PS I had to leave at HT last week as I was at a pub and wasn't in the mood to be arrested lol
Fair enough .. love your second quote lol, poodles and paycheques haha so very true at the moment.. but have faith, we got this (fingers crossed) will be light at the end of this dark tunnel..!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough .. love your second quote lol, poodles and paycheques haha so very true at the moment.. but have faith, we got this (fingers crossed) will be light at the end of this dark tunnel..!!
Isn't it sad that at one time a loss for us was a shock? The last 6-7 years a win is a shock.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Noticed some sides having problems getting into the rythem of attacking structure left to right, right to left.
More kicks on the line wouldn't hurt, early days.
I think the top 6 will be set at around round 10, all the focus would be teams fighting it out for 7th-9th spot.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't it sad that at one time a loss for us was a shock? The last 6-7 years a win is a shock.
I was thinking that the other day actually, watching all these other teams run around (except titans) lol and yea it’s sad alright, I mean even a loss now and then didn’t phase as all teams lose, we struggle to win!! Mind you when we do it’s actually such a good feeling, but it’s the question.. when will a win come and how. Maybe tomorrow we will see the boys click, and go on for a great year.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard to make an assessment on Manly as it was torrential rain for much of the game.. and by assessment I mean whether they are more likely to get the spoon than us

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard to make an assessment on Manly as it was torrential rain for much of the game.. and by assessment I mean whether they are more likely to get the spoon than us
They are a carbon copy of Bulldogs 2017 in attack!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Roosters need to let Keary steer the ship when Cronk comes back. Hes more dangerous.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looked similar to the knee injury he got at Brookvale when he was playing for us. Any type of serious injury would have to put a doubt on his career. Hopefully it’s not too bad for his sake.
Just on Offsiders that he's out for two months. But it was Roy Masters so take that with a truck load of salt.

Brookvale is such a terrible venue, as you said this has happened before, it is amazing that they can get away with the poor lighting and playing surface. Hang on, sorry forgot we're talking about the NRL.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ATM: The Titans are hopeless at tackling.

Do they do tackling drills during the week.
But Mal Meninga said they will win the premiership this year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just on Offsiders that he's out for two months. But it was Roy Masters so take that with a truck load of salt.

Brookvale is such a terrible venue, as you said this has happened before, it is amazing that they can get away with the poor lighting and playing surface. Hang on, sorry forgot we're talking about the NRL.
It’s ridiculous that any professional sport is played at Brookvale. Everything about it is stuck in the 70’s. It’s ruining careers and nothing is being done about it.