Round 2 - Dogs Vs Roosters - Team and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was at the game and the biggest difference was our last tackle options never looked like connecting anything
But have to say the attack looked much better than previous

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's probably been mentioned 1000 times but that penalty before halftime was b/s. Instead of been given a penalty, we were penalised ourselves.

That was a big call.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Will do up an analysis of the match after I re-watch it again tonight.

My initial (and just general thoughts) are:

- I'm already sick of people saying Hasler has done a good job with changing our style. All that's happened is that Lichaa runs occasionally out of dummy half (then gets lost and unsure what to do when he meets the defence) - we now play hot potato side to side with the ball, but this will be dealt with easily by good defences (i.e. Melbourne).
- We only look dangerous when players take their own initiative and get frustrated and do something different (Kasiano / Klemmer with a big hit or actually taking a run up) and also Elliot coming back with an inside line instead of just running out towards the side line.
- We are a momentum team and when we have the opposition on the back foot through our big defence, we can score points and look good.
- When a team aims up and gives us a fight, we generally fall to pieces very easily.
- We still haven't put in an 80 minute performance (perhaps for more than 1-2 years now).
- Elliot was one of the only highlights for me. Was the only playing looking passionate enough to try to change the tide when we were defending.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
- We are a momentum team and when we have the opposition on the back foot through our big defence, we can score points and look good.
When you re-watch it do me a favour and confirm this for me, I think that 1st half momentum shift was not only the 40-20 but also Graham coming off the field. I think our defence fell to shit when he came off and we left tolman on.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
- Elliot was one of the only highlights for me. Was the only playing looking passionate enough to try to change the tide when we were defending.
i sort of agree, even though i think hes a waste of a bench space, he played well.

apart of me feels like he was that fat kid at skool who was the last person picked in a team because the other captain didnt pick him

i feel for him, if him being our best player tonight is somewhat a positive, then this season is going to be even worse than i thought

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's probably been mentioned 1000 times but that penalty before halftime was b/s. Instead of been given a penalty, we were penalised ourselves.

That was a big call.
It sure was. It got us from a couple of angles.

First off it killed whatever momentum we had.

But the next one would be worse than that. It was obvious Cummins didn't want the Dogs to win when he awarded no try to JMoz that the BUNKER overturned

Apart from the score we were going well; we were never going to lie down and give in. Our adrenalin was pumping and the passion was there. But after firstly not getting the penalty from Napa's knee jerk, we get penalised for something that was said from our scrum. That was piss poor. After that the thought would have been "Ah fuck! This prick is gonna sink us no matter what we do".

But the Bulldogs just kept coming back. It was a great effort.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most concerning stat is from 2 games neither Reynolds or Mbue have a single try assist. I know its only two games but we need better. Scored 5 trys last night and they still didnt set any up

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It sure was. It got us from a couple of angles.

First off it killed whatever momentum we had.

But the next one would be worse than that. It was obvious Cummins didn't want the Dogs to win when he awarded no try to JMoz that the BUNKER overturned

Apart from the score we were going well; we were never going to lie down and give in. Our adrenalin was pumping and the passion was there. But after firstly not getting the penalty from Napa's knee jerk, we get penalised for something that was said from our scrum. That was piss poor. After that the thought would have been "Ah fuck! This prick is gonna sink us no matter what we do".

But the Bulldogs just kept coming back. It was a great effort.
Just on the bunker, that blinking crap on the Morris try was frustrating. What the hell was going on there? Is that what the NRL invested millions of dollars, and "space-age technology" into?

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just on the bunker, that blinking crap on the Morris try was frustrating. What the hell was going on there? Is that what the NRL invested millions of dollars, and "space-age technology" into?
the bunker watch there own replays and the tv channels play what they want

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most concerning stat is from 2 games neither Reynolds or Mbue have a single try assist. I know its only two games but we need better. Scored 5 trys last night and they still didnt set any up
Reynolds set up J Moz first try, technically a try assist

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds set up J Moz first try, technically a try assist
He passed the ball to morris a fair way out and morris did it all. Cant count that. Id more like to see them putting blokes in holes or long face balls to the centres wingers. Grubbers in goal for repeat sets. Playing more direct and get the forwards sprinting onto the ball. I can see improvement as a whole team and halves are getting more ball they just dont have the skill to pull anything off. Love reynolds passion and energy but just doesnt have the management skills or kicking game

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Grubbers in goal for repeat sets
whats a grubber?

that thing bmoz attempted after we had 5 minutes to set up after Hoppa was ko'd?

y is bmoz attempting these... mind u... still a better effort than any of our spine could accomplish

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He passed the ball to morris a fair way out and morris did it all. Cant count that. Id more like to see them putting blokes in holes or long face balls to the centres wingers. Grubbers in goal for repeat sets. Playing more direct and get the forwards sprinting onto the ball. I can see improvement as a whole team and halves are getting more ball they just dont have the skill to pull anything off. Love reynolds passion and energy but just doesnt have the management skills or kicking game
I know what you mean like James Graham assist. I was just saying the statistician will count that as an assist

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why does lichaa run and make 10 meters then throws a pass back 10 meters.

He is making good meters. He should go to ground with them ball more often.

Liking the way he is playing (even though his passes are still lollipops).
He is just lost... had blinkers on most of the time which is what a hooker should not ...

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously if Des wants his job he needs to put MBye in reserve grade! Has not offered anything in attack he cannot stand second man deep on his heels teams spot him and stop it so quick!
We are so very clunky!! I thought the forwards went ok but seriously have a look at the opposition halves and how they get the ball moving forward and move off the back of quick play the balls.
Summed up very well. We can not do much, maybe top 8 at max with no halves, a very poor hooker, no goal kicker and no kicking game, oh on top of that a bench full of forwards!! Hmmm, some key fundamentals there!:dizzy:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well he is the same ref that penalised Anasta after he got king hit by that Souths player, and then sin binned him 10 minutes later for a perfectly legal tackle
Just proves how much of a fucking idiot he is.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Adam Elliott. What do we do with him? Absolute garbage in 5 minute stints (fuck that's familiar), goes alright with big minutes. Maybe it's worth giving someone else a shot so he can actually play some minutes in cup.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Adam Elliott. What do we do with him? Absolute garbage in 5 minute stints (fuck that's familiar), goes alright with big minutes. Maybe it's worth giving someone else a shot so he can actually play some minutes in cup.
I would rather we started like this:

13. Eastwood
12. Jackson
11. Elliot
10. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
8. Tolman

Graham would come on and play the rest of the game.

But Elliot can be a good player but like most said he need minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.