Round 2 - Dogs Vs Roosters - Team and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have i ever said Moses is a halfback? I have said from the very beginning he isn't a halfback ffs.

What's funny ****? You claimed every half executes there pass' perfectly in firstgrade...i brought up JT because he is the best of the best and not even he executes every pass perfectly.
Calling me ****? I fkn knock you out lucky you hiding behind your keyboard wanking over Mbye

Fkn poof

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mbye, Reynolds and Des are all fucked. Fkn poofs.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say:
a) Des has identified Moses and Josh are poor kickers, time better spent doing whatever they do at training.
b) 40m out on the 5th with the wingers back there isn't much space to kick to, may as well get the kick up where I numbers will be.
c) Theoretically, if the ball lands within the 10 and we have our defense rushing through we have a good shot at forcing a drop out.

To make it an effective tactic Mbye needs to work on his kicking accuracy and probably add a torpedo bomb to his repertoire
100%. If the tactic is to kick deep and give us time to pin them down in their 20, it would be MUCH MUCH better if MBYE could do it AWAY fromthe back three. But from what I have seen he cant. Gotenks trying to say Hasler wants him to kick straight to the back three is one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard.

Even if he was kicking straight to a winger right in a ocrner would be ok, but he wasnt, he was kicking short STRAIGHT to Gordon then they got a roll on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
UM again NO. It maybe a tactic to kick deep to trap them deep but guess what? Kicking deep to open space gives that tactic even more time, which Mbye doesnt do. Again no coach tell their players to kick straight ot the FB or WG, ever.
Are you fucking serious? What fucking space is there to kick to when you bomb from around 40 out? Even with a smallish bomb the ball's in the air long enough for either the winger or fb to get under it.

The whole point is to kick it near the edges where the winger is and have him take the catch with defenders infront of him. You then get a dominant tackle and can compress your defensive line and contain the opposition. It worked early in the game game before our defensive combinations were fucked when Des decided to move 5 players around to replace 1 winger. It is a low risk play.

If you want to argue something then you should argue he should put a mote challenging kick up such a torpy..but then it becomes a high risk play and that isn't what Des wants.

I can't believe we have to argue something as simple as this.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
100%. If the tactic is to kick deep and give us time to pin them down in their 20, it would be MUCH MUCH better if MBYE could do it AWAY fromthe back three. But from what I have seen he cant. Gotenks trying to say Hasler wants him to kick straight to the back three is one of the stupidest things Ive ever heard.

Even if he was kicking straight to a winger right in a ocrner would be ok, but he wasnt, he was kicking short STRAIGHT to Gordon then they got a roll on.
Yeah definitely better to hit grass if possible but in all fairness he did pick out SKD a few times.

I'm more concerned about lack of vision shown by Mbye and Reynolds. When we got the ball from the scrum in the last minute we should have kicked deep for a flying Bmoz to go 1 v 1 with Gordon. Same thing last year vs the Broncos at Suncorp. Boyd was up in the defensive line on halfway with 50m in behind him but we tried to work our way out.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you fucking serious? What fucking space is there to kick to when you bomb from around 40 out? Even with a smallish bomb the ball's in the air long enough for either the winger or fb to get under it.

The whole point is to kick it near the edges where the winger is and have him take the catch with defenders infront of him. You then get a dominant tackle and can compress your defensive line and contain the opposition. It worked early in the game game before our defensive combinations were fucked when Des decided to move 5 players around to replace 1 winger. It is a low risk play.

If you want to argue something then you should argue he should put a mote challenging kick up such a torpy..but then it becomes a high risk play and that isn't what Des wants.

I can't believe we have to argue something as simple as this.
Nah tbh, he doesnt kick for the corners anytime. He just kicks straight down the guts.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely Eastwood gets a spell on the bench next week both RFM and Elliott showed so much more.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah definitely better to hit grass if possible but in all fairness he did pick out SKD a few times.

I'm more concerned about lack of vision shown by Mbye and Reynolds. When we got the ball from the scrum in the last minute we should have kicked deep for a flying Bmoz to go 1 v 1 with Gordon. Same thing last year vs the Broncos at Suncorp. Boyd was up in the defensive line on halfway with 50m in behind him but we tried to work our way out.
Yeah I can see that. I didnt think we were that bad tbh, but we need LOTS of Improvement. To me this team is ill constucted and the coach and alot of players need the arse. BUT this game tonight was close, we were there in the fight and ( I wont blame goal kicking) but Mbyes kicking is fucking HOPELESS.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is the quickest (not fastest) bloke at the club?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any way, goodnight team. n No hard feelings to anyone

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Says the bloke also behind the keyboard.
You couldn't argue your point properly so resorted to calling me a ****?

Now I know if we were standing face to face and you called me a **** I would've dropped you

That's just a fact so you should be lucky the Tasman sea is separating us

Back to footy

The point I was making is the play I'm talking about with Mbye he shdve thrown the face ball fk all chance of an intercept (watch it again)

To say JT would have fkd that exact play up is an insult to him. Yes he's thrown intercepts before but he also can count numbers and read body language on the run invariably making the right decision 9/10.

Mbye fks up 9/10

Anyway whatevs

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I'm putting in my two cents about tonight.

Positives
-RFM. This guy needs to start. Was awesome tonight.
-Lee. Was good again tonight, just needs to cut out the stupid errors.
-Elliot. Surprised me tonight. Ran an awesome line for his try. And when we got back into the match he was firing up with some aggressive defence.
-Heart and passion. We never gave up tonight. Last year roosters would of hit 40.
-Fitness. We look fitter and can go the distance at least. Good signs.

Negatives.
-Mbye. This guy needs to go to reserve grade. For one reason or another his confidence is shot. All he does is catch and pass. He doesn't run or attack the line. And is kicking is horrible.
-Attack. Yeah we scored 5 tries. But how many were constructed? 2? We go way to side to side. We need to play more direct and engage the defensive line and get more players in motion. At the moment sides are just sliding in defence and shutting us down.
-Ball catching. It's atrocious. How hard is it to fucking jump for a ball.
-Kicking game. It's disgusting and not first grade standard. Alexander hit the nail on the head tonight. After another useless bomb from halfway, he said we have no plan. We just put it up and hope for the best. How about from halfway we drill it into the corner and good kick chase? It's not fucking rocket science.

All in all tonight was a frustrating game. I can't get excited to watch it. Usually I'm at home screaming at the TV. Tonight I just couldn't get into it. Something to me just doesn't seem right with this club.

Moving forward we need fresh blood. The side has started to become stale. And I thought we were at our best tonight when Fualalo and Elliot were on the field. They bring enthusiasm and the excitement young players bring. We need more of that. After the injuries tonight I'd take this team to NZ next week.

1. Abbey (Hoppa was knocked into next week, just rest him and let's give Abbey a crack)
2. Bmoz
3. Lee (left centre)
4. Jmoz (right side to partner Montoya)
5. Montoya (Same as Abbey, give him a crack and let the kid play some footy)
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley (Has a kicking game and just needs to organise and steer us around)
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. RFM
12. Jacko
13. Beast

14. Graham (he's best year was 2012 coming off the bench, let's get him back to that form)
15. Kasiano
16. Elliot
17. Cleeland

I know this side will never happen. I know I gave Fualalo a wrap. But we need a utility on the bench, tonight showed that.

Moving forward I honestly think we will be 0-5. Another stupid decision to take a home game to NZ that is shaping up as a must win game so early in the season. I will always cheer the boys on and I bleed blue and white. But Turvey was right. We are losing our DNA. And next week will really test that. Old Bulldogs teams would go to NZ and get the win at all costs. But I'm not sure this side can do that. I'll cheer the boys on, but I don't think we will win.

#proudtobeabulldog
Pretty much agree except a couple of changes. I reckon try Woolford on the bench to see if he brings some spark at the end. And I'd still start with Graham over Tolman. I'm not sure I'd have Tolman over Fualalo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah tbh, he doesnt kick for the corners anytime. He just kicks straight down the guts.
Are you serious? Almost every kick he made was towards SKD yet you say it was down the guts.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott
?
What have we got to lose trying that? We seem very stale at the minute, with Hoppa and Holland injured bring in Abbey and Montoya. We need a changing of the guard.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much agree except a couple of changes. I reckon try Woolford on the bench to see if he brings some spark at the end. And I'd still start with Graham over Tolman. I'm not sure I'd have Tolman over Fualalo.
Yeah Woolford or Cleeland. Just a bloke who can cover a few positions. I'd pick Fualalo over Tolman any day of the week mate. But just the balance of the pack. We always need either Tolman or Graham on to hold our middle.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What have we got to lose trying that? We seem very stale at the minute, with Hoppa and Holland injured bring in Abbey and Montoya. We need a changing of the guard.
Stale is the perfect word

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You couldn't argue your point properly so resorted to calling me a ****?

Now I know if we were standing face to face and you called me a **** I would've dropped you

That's just a fact so you should be lucky the Tasman sea is separating us

Back to footy

The point I was making is the play I'm talking about with Mbye he shdve thrown the face ball fk all chance of an intercept (watch it again)

To say JT would have fkd that exact play up is an insult to him. Yes he's thrown intercepts before but he also can count numbers and read body language on the run invariably making the right decision 9/10.

Mbye fks up 9/10

Anyway whatevs
Alright tough guy, hopefully you end up in prison before you kill someone because you didn't like what they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.