Round 2 - Dogs Vs Roosters - Team and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes they do ffs. It is an obvious tactic that is employed in the game today and the commentators have made note of it multiple times. We done it last week and we done it again this week.
Have you ever thought it is because they cant kick for shit? LOL. Answer me this then how come Grub when he kicks can hit open space more than Mbye?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No they don't. How many intercepts has JT thrown in his career ffs. No half throws the perfect ball every time no matter how simple the pass is.
Lol JT and Mbye in the same sentence

Mate Mbye is not a 7 how plainly obvious is that?

You and Des only ones that can't see that

All Stars game wasn't a Des structure how did Moses go in that?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol most dumbest shit I've ever heard. Kick down there throat son yeah nah don't aim for open spaces.

You can really pick out who has played footy before on this forum just by some of the comments

Kefe!
I dont really like playing that card LOL, but straight up!!!!!!! NO coach on fuckin gods green earth says to their halves hey kick straight to the back three so they can get a roll on, just lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have you ever thought it is because they cant kick for shit? LOL. Answer me this then how come Grub when he kicks can hit open space more than Mbye?
Hits open space? The only time he hits open space is when we are kicking long and he drops it short of the winger/fb or when he miss hits a bomb like tonight and it goes straight over the dead ball line. You wouldn't even consider that open space tbh.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont really like playing that card LOL, but straight up!!!!!!! NO coach on fuckin gods green earth says to their halves hey kick straight to the back three so they can get a roll on, just lol.
A tactic is dying with the ball on the last , not a good tactic in fact negative BUT deliberately kicking the ball down the throats of wingers so they can gain forward momentum easily is straight lol

No wonder Des doesn't want them to kick on the last

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes they do ffs. It is an obvious tactic that is employed in the game today and the commentators have made note of it multiple times. We done it last week and we done it again this week.
Agreed. The tactic seems to be to push the opposition back into the in goal, failing that we hammer them defensively inside the 30m.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I'm putting in my two cents about tonight.

Positives
-RFM. This guy needs to start. Was awesome tonight.
-Lee. Was good again tonight, just needs to cut out the stupid errors.
-Elliot. Surprised me tonight. Ran an awesome line for his try. And when we got back into the match he was firing up with some aggressive defence.
-Heart and passion. We never gave up tonight. Last year roosters would of hit 40.
-Fitness. We look fitter and can go the distance at least. Good signs.

Negatives.
-Mbye. This guy needs to go to reserve grade. For one reason or another his confidence is shot. All he does is catch and pass. He doesn't run or attack the line. And is kicking is horrible.
-Attack. Yeah we scored 5 tries. But how many were constructed? 2? We go way to side to side. We need to play more direct and engage the defensive line and get more players in motion. At the moment sides are just sliding in defence and shutting us down.
-Ball catching. It's atrocious. How hard is it to fucking jump for a ball.
-Kicking game. It's disgusting and not first grade standard. Alexander hit the nail on the head tonight. After another useless bomb from halfway, he said we have no plan. We just put it up and hope for the best. How about from halfway we drill it into the corner and good kick chase? It's not fucking rocket science.

All in all tonight was a frustrating game. I can't get excited to watch it. Usually I'm at home screaming at the TV. Tonight I just couldn't get into it. Something to me just doesn't seem right with this club.

Moving forward we need fresh blood. The side has started to become stale. And I thought we were at our best tonight when Fualalo and Elliot were on the field. They bring enthusiasm and the excitement young players bring. We need more of that. After the injuries tonight I'd take this team to NZ next week.

1. Abbey (Hoppa was knocked into next week, just rest him and let's give Abbey a crack)
2. Bmoz
3. Lee (left centre)
4. Jmoz (right side to partner Montoya)
5. Montoya (Same as Abbey, give him a crack and let the kid play some footy)
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley (Has a kicking game and just needs to organise and steer us around)
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. RFM
12. Jacko
13. Beast

14. Graham (he's best year was 2012 coming off the bench, let's get him back to that form)
15. Kasiano
16. Elliot
17. Cleeland

I know this side will never happen. I know I gave Fualalo a wrap. But we need a utility on the bench, tonight showed that.

Moving forward I honestly think we will be 0-5. Another stupid decision to take a home game to NZ that is shaping up as a must win game so early in the season. I will always cheer the boys on and I bleed blue and white. But Turvey was right. We are losing our DNA. And next week will really test that. Old Bulldogs teams would go to NZ and get the win at all costs. But I'm not sure this side can do that. I'll cheer the boys on, but I don't think we will win.

#proudtobeabulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just realised we have not won a game since R23 last year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol JT and Mbye in the same sentence

Mate Mbye is not a 7 how plainly obvious is that?

You and Des only ones that can't see that

All Stars game wasn't a Des structure how did Moses go in that?
Have i ever said Moses is a halfback? I have said from the very beginning he isn't a halfback ffs.

What's funny ****? You claimed every half executes there pass' perfectly in firstgrade...i brought up JT because he is the best of the best and not even he executes every pass perfectly.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A tactic is dying with the ball on the last , not a good tactic in fact negative BUT deliberately kicking the ball down the throats of wingers so they can gain forward momentum easily is straight lol

No wonder Des doesn't want them to kick on the last
Thats what I thougt last week. As soon as these two muppets got a little ball, and were allowed to kick what did they do? Couldnt kick for shit.

Preach brother lol, as much as I wont Hasler gone just for a fresh something new. There is no fucking way on gods green earth that a five time GFinilst, 2 time premiership winner says to his havles "hey kick straight to the back three" LOL.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok I'm putting in my two cents about tonight.

Positives
-RFM. This guy needs to start. Was awesome tonight.
-Lee. Was good again tonight, just needs to cut out the stupid errors.
-Elliot. Surprised me tonight. Ran an awesome line for his try. And when we got back into the match he was firing up with some aggressive defence.
-Heart and passion. We never gave up tonight. Last year roosters would of hit 40.
-Fitness. We look fitter and can go the distance at least. Good signs.

Negatives.
-Mbye. This guy needs to go to reserve grade. For one reason or another his confidence is shot. All he does is catch and pass. He doesn't run or attack the line. And is kicking is horrible.
-Attack. Yeah we scored 5 tries. But how many were constructed? 2? We go way to side to side. We need to play more direct and engage the defensive line and get more players in motion. At the moment sides are just sliding in defence and shutting us down.
-Ball catching. It's atrocious. How hard is it to fucking jump for a ball.
-Kicking game. It's disgusting and not first grade standard. Alexander hit the nail on the head tonight. After another useless bomb from halfway, he said we have no plan. We just put it up and hope for the best. How about from halfway we drill it into the corner and good kick chase? It's not fucking rocket science.

All in all tonight was a frustrating game. I can't get excited to watch it. Usually I'm at home screaming at the TV. Tonight I just couldn't get into it. Something to me just doesn't seem right with this club.

Moving forward we need fresh blood. The side has started to become stale. And I thought we were at our best tonight when Fualalo and Elliot were on the field. They bring enthusiasm and the excitement young players bring. We need more of that. After the injuries tonight I'd take this team to NZ next week.

1. Abbey (Hoppa was knocked into next week, just rest him and let's give Abbey a crack)
2. Bmoz
3. Lee (left centre)
4. Jmoz (right side to partner Montoya)
5. Montoya (Same as Abbey, give him a crack and let the kid play some footy)
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley (Has a kicking game and just needs to organise and steer us around)
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. RFM
12. Jacko
13. Beast

14. Graham (he's best year was 2012 coming off the bench, let's get him back to that form)
15. Kasiano
16. Elliot
17. Cleeland

I know this side will never happen. I know I gave Fualalo a wrap. But we need a utility on the bench, tonight showed that.

Moving forward I honestly think we will be 0-5. Another stupid decision to take a home game to NZ that is shaping up as a must win game so early in the season. I will always cheer the boys on and I bleed blue and white. But Turvey was right. We are losing our DNA. And next week will really test that. Old Bulldogs teams would go to NZ and get the win at all costs. But I'm not sure this side can do that. I'll cheer the boys on, but I don't think we will win.

#proudtobeabulldog
agree

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. The tactic seems to be to push the opposition back into the in goal, failing that we hammer them defensively inside the 30m.
Dont you think you could do the same thing if they kicked away from the back three? Mbye cant kick mate, thats the end of story tbh. He's a decent player but cant kick for shit.

Anwswwer me this what do you think Hasler would like better. Mbye kicking striahg tto the back three amd us keeping them down in their 20 OR HAsler telling Mbye to kick away form the back three geving us eve MORE time to push them back?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly. The fact that people want to argue that this isn't a tactic is fucking ridiculous and shows how little some people know.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right. The only thing it does is give our defence the opportunity to run down in formation ready to setup for our next set in defence. We all sit there hoping players like SKD are going to fumble a kick (not even a torpedo or bit of spin on it) but it rarely happens. It's a simple Des high % play that hides our inability to either kick a ball downfield and hit the grass or behind the line for possibly a repeat set. Makes our stats look good cause we complete!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds at first receiver is a joke when you play him with no options.

Look at how the forwards pushed through with the chooks.

All we know how to do is this bullshit chain passing. Just mix it up, drop it back to rfm or Elliot..

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont you think you could do the same thing if they kicked away from the back three? Mbye cant kick mate, thats the end of story tbh. He's a decent player but cant kick for shit.

Anwswwer me this what do you think Hasler would like better. Mbye kicking striahg tto the back three amd us keeping them down in their 20 OR HAsler telling Mbye to kick away form the back three geving us eve MORE time to push them back?
I'd say:
a) Des has identified Moses and Josh are poor kickers, time better spent doing whatever they do at training.
b) 40m out on the 5th with the wingers back there isn't much space to kick to, may as well get the kick up where I numbers will be.
c) Theoretically, if the ball lands within the 10 and we have our defense rushing through we have a good shot at forcing a drop out.

To make it an effective tactic Mbye needs to work on his kicking accuracy and probably add a torpedo bomb to his repertoire

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. The fact that people want to argue that this isn't a tactic is fucking ridiculous and shows how little some people know.
UM again NO. It maybe a tactic to kick deep to trap them deep but guess what? Kicking deep to open space gives that tactic even more time, which Mbye doesnt do. Again no coach tell their players to kick straight ot the FB or WG, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.