If we lose to Parra may as wel forfeit the year

Waiting for two things promised in two years

1. Madness
2. ‘Eyes up’ expansive footy

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
By sticking with the same lineup hopefully it means Pay has given certain players just enough rope to hang themselves with.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also shows the inadequacy of pay. If just two weeks in and wholesale changes are needed, it means his whole pre season was for nothing.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The boys will beat Parra this week even though the obvious liability Monty is still playing.

Why?

1. Last weeks performance was disgusting. You could see it on the players faces that they were embarrassed. Desperation this week. The hunger is there.
2. Parra are too confident. They beat a pretty average playing panthers side on a wet day. Parra weren’t perfect. They aren’t as hungry this week.
3. Lewis/Foran > brown/Moses on Paper.

Not in denial that we were garbage last week. Just think that the eels are beatable.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm positive there will be a turn around this week, whether it will be enough I'm not sure...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The boys will beat Parra this week even though the obvious liability Monty is still playing.

Why?

1. Last weeks performance was disgusting. You could see it on the players faces that they were embarrassed. Desperation this week. The hunger is there.
2. Parra are too confident. They beat a pretty average playing panthers side on a wet day. Parra weren’t perfect. They aren’t as hungry this week.
3. Lewis/Foran > brown/Moses on Paper.

Not in denial that we were garbage last week. Just think that the eels are beatable.
Parra are supremely motivated and have had a great off season with each player knowing their respective roles, can’t see them losing. Our only remote chance falls on being highly enthusiastic and aggressive. You would think that’s not overly hard being paid big money playing a sport you love but obviously not the case for our roster. They should be ashamed of themselves putting on that blue and white jumper...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not only did Pay pick the same team but Ben Cummins is ref so forget about a win.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't for one millisecond believe that one extra trial game would have made any difference to last week's result.

Go Dogs
I'm not saying we would of won but it does make a difference.
You can train all day all night but nothing is better preparation than a actual game itself so the boys really lacked that match fitness

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if Pay insists on keeping Hoppa at fullback, I wouldn't mind something like this. Try and use RFM more for some impact rather than play him long minutes. At least this gets Meany in the team and gives us some speed and gets rid of at least one of our poor defending centers. I imagine Meany will be poorer on hit up meters than Crichton but better in the air and much faster.

1. Hoppa
2. Meany
3. CHN
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
8. Napa
9. JMK
10. Ogden
11. Jackson
12. Martin
13. Tolman

14. Cogger
15. Sue
16. Elliot
17. RFM
That's basically our strongest team we can field.
If no big changes are made then at least put holland back at right centre, he and Smith might be our only scoring options

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s not about attitude or will. The team we have has limited ability and first grade standard. This is a simple fact. We have weaknesses in certain positions. Of course they have the will. Of course the players want to win. We just don’t have the skill set. We will win a few games but that’s about it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I was positive last week and we got owned

Negative this week so hopefully we win

Eels by 16
Good idea... check out the NSW Cup thread for evidence of that.

Every time a player was criticised they scored or fired up LOL

Therel be changes to the final 17
Who? Everyone except Chris Smith is named to start in NSW Cup, and NSW Cup have named a 1-17 side.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope. I just saw that’s he’s not named in the cup team for the game beforehand so hopeful he will come into the side lol
He’s not named coz he will not play reserve grade (due to it being at Leichhardt) and he will be 18th man all the way until kickoff
Just in case there is an inj in the warm
Up etc

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we lose to Parra may as wel forfeit the year

Waiting for two things promised in two years

1. Madness
2. ‘Eyes up’ expansive footy
Also remember promises of picking the team on form and no ones position being safe as we had 10 players fighting for 5 positions ???

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last week has been and gone, as much as it was hideous to see... I will go into this weeks game as excited and as optimistic as I do every game. Once again I think we will win this one, and until proven wrong my mind will not change..!!! EVER.

Doggies 22 - eels 14

GO DOGGS

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we lose to parra, it’s time to blood Meaney, okunbor, Harper and anyone else with a glimpse of potential to see who will sink or swim
I’ll believe it when I see it. Knowing pay he’ll just drop a bench forward.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was excited to see Pay wield the axe as an indicator that he wont tolerate the rubbish we dished up last week. A couple of players certainly should be shaking hands with the Canterbury Cup coach. As has been done to death...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing but expecting a different result. Our FG squad seriously looked at times like a sheltered workshop in the Warriors game. They definately didnt expect the leg speed and ferocity of the Warriors carries. Then when we had the turn to cart the ball up...we seemed to run at half pace.
So what in particular SHOULD of happened with this weeks team selection:
CHN to centre replacing Montoya and moving to LHS to partner Crichton. holland back to RHS to partner Reimis Smith. Jackson to lock, Elliot to bench. Rhyse Martin to RHS. RFM to left hand side. Liccha has 1 last chance and is put on no uncertain terms notice that he must perform this week. Ogden to bench replacing JMK.

Status
Not open for further replies.