Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here is my hopeful conspiracy theory for the surprise final 17 that gets named 1 hour before kick off taking into account the 22 named -

FB - 20. Meaney in

Left W - 2. Chrichton
Left C - 1. Hopoate
Right C - 3. Holland
Right W - 5. R.Smith

5/8 - 6. Foran
HB - 7. Lewis

Lock F - 11. Jackson (It is time to tighten up the middle of the field in D, & he is our best option with CHN more than capable of handling the edge.)
Left SR - 16. CHN
Right SR - 12. RFM
Prop F - 10. Nappa
HK - 9. Liccha (no other choice, If Cogger was proven here i would say him)
Prop F - 8. Tolman

Reserves

Middle F - 13. Elliott
Middle F - 17. Sue
Res Half - 19. Cogger in (try him out as a replacement 9 to see how he goes there)
Edge or Middle F - 21. C.Smith in

OUT
4. Montoya
14. JKM
15. Fualalo

Out of the 22 he named this would be my best outcome...

BUT, This is what I think he will do

- CHN into the centres & he will make out that Montoya is injured instead of saying he is dropped to save embarrassing him (he embarrassed himself enough last Saturday)
- Then he will bring Chris Smith onto the bench to fill the void from CHN starting.

We got absolutely dominated in the forwards last week & murdered in the centres, the next game V's the second favourites for the spoon is to important to give everybody a second chance - this is a 4 point game on the line if we both end up toward the bottom of the ladder.
Time to show some BALLS Dean'o, that will fix there attitude!!!

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we’ll come out and win this one, if there is any pride in the jumper, this is the week to show it!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Big opportunity for last week's 17 to turn it around and prove their worth.

Let's hope they can deliver.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I want to see Okunbor get a shot. We need his size badly

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nope. I just saw that’s he’s not named in the cup team for the game beforehand so hopeful he will come into the side lol
Knowing Pay madness he probably drops CHN for him dumb Kant

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was positive last week and we got owned

Negative this week so hopefully we win

Eels by 16

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t mean to spoil everyone’s party. But I honestly believe we’ll get flogged again.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will put up my hands and say I’m the first to say pay is stupid. Why in the hell hasn’t he made any changes to the squad. But then I think to myself if he does that then he loses all trust from the players for not giving them a second chance. It was round 1 and we got belted. Go out there and prove his wrong to not drop you for round 3. It’s a smart move win or lose we will get something out of the next game me thinks

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we lose to parra, it’s time to blood Meaney, okunbor, Harper and anyone else with a glimpse of potential to see who will sink or swim

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m all for giving them another shot at it. They’ll all be wanting to redeem themselves. If we lose again then next week changes will be made.
I know we’re your coming from, but it doesn’t hold the players to account. He should have made wholesale changes to signal he will not tolerate mediocrity this season.

This tells the players they can play half-arsed and get redemption the week after.

Bellamy, Bennett and co. Don’t operate that way... they set high standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.