Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As much as we played a very weakened team last night, the victory was a very important one for us (and for me as I was surrounded by a bunch of quite feral Souths fans). The score ended up significantly closer than it should have been but it wasn't surprising considering confidence would have been very low after the past month.

Hopefully, the win will help them build a little confidence moving forward as they have a very tough month ahead. Some good signs without getting too carried away with the result. Sexton's debut was a good one and his partnership with Burton looks to have some great potential. It's a tough period ahead so I'm sure there'll be some very painful times to come but it was great to see how happy (and no doubt, relieved) the team were on the field after the game.

Pleasing to see some green shoots after last week in the efforts of Wilson, Skelton and Topine and Kiraz looked fresher than he has in recent weeks and looked much more like the early season version that was so effective. On to Belmore and the Broncos...

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The elephant in the room is Jake Averillo. Potter could see it but ciraldo couldn’t . Our attack looked way better with him playing FB. Although defensively I think perham is better with his positioning , averillo adds more to the team playing fb. The dogs are going to regret losing him I feel
both are equally shit in defense but atleast with avo you can see he knows how to chime into the backline. Perham just can’t do that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Outside of the missed sin bin at the start I like this ref now.
Wasn't it revealing that we didn't get the rough end of the pineapple every single time. Very, very obvious he reffed as fairly as we've ever seen for quite a fair while. Made it a fair contest for a change.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The elephant in the room is Jake Averillo. Potter could see it but ciraldo couldn’t . Our attack looked way better with him playing FB. Although defensively I think perham is better with his positioning , averillo adds more to the team playing fb. The dogs are going to regret losing him I feel
It was a catch 22. Averillo was also our best attacking centre this year but his defense is suspect. When all is said and done, we were a couple of spine players and a couple of middles short this year so CC was doing a juggling act.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As much as we played a very weakened team last night, the victory was a very important one for us (and for me as I was surrounded by a bunch of quite feral Souths fans). The score ended up significantly closer than it should have been but it wasn't surprising considering confidence would have been very low after the past month.

Hopefully, the win will help them build a little confidence moving forward as they have a very tough month ahead. Some good signs without getting too carried away with the result. Sexton's debut was a good one and his partnership with Burton looks to have some great potential. It's a tough period ahead so I'm sure there'll be some very painful times to come but it was great to see how happy (and no doubt, relieved) the team were on the field after the game.
Thought we were clearly
Pleasing to see some green shoots after last week in the efforts of Wilson, Skelton and Topine and Kiraz looked fresher than he has in recent weeks and looked much more like the early season version that was so effective. On to Belmore and the Broncos...
Thought we were clearly better than Souths than the score indicated. We sure do give away some easy tries. Broncs will target Sexton so CC needs to coach some protection for him close in. The guys proved they can look like a f/g team and need to continue progressing.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The look on the boys faces after the game showed how spent and relieved they were to get the win. No jumping for joy or any celebratory emotions. They nearly lost the unlosable.. those boys wouldn't have recovered ever if we had lost last night..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hated this fkn game. They deadset scored every single time they were in our 20 - bar one when Burton got away with a loose ball and one where they scored from their own 20.

Whatever the fuck our "defensive structure" is - it is either fkn shit or the players are fkn shitter and literally cannot tackle anymore.

EQW is not the answer at centre.

Unsure if I fell into commentators narrative with Sexton also but we had like 6 sets in a row on their line and we got nothing out of him.. Jury is out.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hated this fkn game. They deadset scored every single time they were in our 20 - bar one when Burton got away with a loose ball and one where they scored from their own 20.

Whatever the fuck our "defensive structure" is - it is either fkn shit or the players are fkn shitter and literally cannot tackle anymore.

EQW is not the answer at centre.

Unsure if I fell into commentators narrative with Sexton also but we had like 6 sets in a row on their line and we got nothing out of him.. Jury is out.
Our sets at their line when we had them scrambling were very wasteful. Stood too deep and passes too long. Someone did something silly before we could execute or build.

They should be better over next few weeks. Put it this way: they'll need to be :grinning:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our sets at their line when we had them scrambling were very wasteful. Stood too deep and passes too long. Someone did something silly before we could execute or build.

They should be better over next few weeks. Put it this way: they'll need to be :grinning:
I'm very negative about this whole club atm too so I really can't find the positive. That's just me though.

We are cannon fodder in the coming weeks lol.

Hope we learn to tackle..