Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Thommo was a very high profile signing that we paid top dollar for. He was billed as the best prop in the world and our Admin flew to England to meet him multiple times. Our list was also filled with meh and with the minimum cap spend it is more likely than not we paid 850k plus for him
WTF does that mean? We paid St Helens $150k transfer fee, which is not in our Cap. We paid for his and his partners relocation costs, transport, visas, temporary accommodation costs etc, which are not in our Cap. He has a car provided, which is not in our Cap.

No one gives fark how much we paid, the only amount that matters is how much is in our Cap and it ain't $850k, it ain't $800k either.

Always a Bulldog

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WTF does that mean? We paid St Helens $150k transfer fee, which is not in our Cap. We paid for his and his partners relocation costs, transport, visas, temporary accommodation costs etc, which are not in our Cap. He has a car provided, which is not in our Cap.

No one gives fark how much we paid, the only amount that matters is how much is in our Cap and it ain't $850k, it ain't $800k either.

Always a Bulldog
How do you know what we paid? Are you the accountant?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I like the gun back at 14 tbh. Too good a defender to be left out of a side thats been caned in back to back games. We needed changes and boy do we have them this week. Good luck to Toby Sexton too! You’re gonna need it your poor bastard! Lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Him and bryadyk are the ever guessing Kennel accountants
Not really fair to have us in the same category. I use reported amounts otherwise educated guesses where no salary is reported (the only thing you can do) whereas he says he knows how much a player is on including 3rd parties from "sources". He thinks he knows better than journalists.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's funny because I ask Khoury every time we have a chat and he just laughs. They pull figures from their ass Lol
That's probably true but as fans that's all we have to go off.

If we want to discuss whether we should sign a player or release a player because they're bad value we have to start somewhere with a salary.

I hope one day all top 30 contracts are public.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's probably true but as fans that's all we have to go off.
Maybe it would be an idea to avoid mentioning player salaries seeing no one besides the players agent, manager and club officials actually know how much they are on.
Even the media just speculate

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m usually a realist and don’t tip us but I have a feeling that the changes (particularly in the centres) this week will contribute to a victory. I’m not sure topine will play centres come game day and if Skelton gets a run I’ll be even more confident

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really fair to have us in the same category. I use reported amounts otherwise educated guesses where no salary is reported (the only thing you can do) whereas he says he knows how much a player is on including 3rd parties from "sources". He thinks he knows better than journalists.
Sometimes I do (know better than journalists) and sometimes I don't. If I don't know then I don't comment.

More often though they report based on how sensational the headline reads, on how many clicks it will get. Some of them are just too dumb to understand or too lazy to do their homework on what is Salary Cap relevant and what isn't. That's by far their most common mistake.

Always a Bulldog

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Piggy riddel tipped an upset I fell over laughing

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Piggy riddel tipped an upset I fell over laughing
Well that Souths team is going to play very conservatively. We just need to be prepared to have a bit of fun with the ball. Generally, how we always end the season, it's over so lets play footy now. The boys will want to put in, no different to the how the Tigers did last night. Whether that's good enough, we will see. But I'm confident we will put in a good showing.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Definitely going to watch. This years expectations are out the window so ill try and enjoy the game
No different to the last few years. Hope the guys have a go and even better if it happens and we win. These bad times will just make the good times even better when we do turn the corner.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cheekam out for rabbits. Liam knight at back row.
Dogs still have eqw and Skelton in the extended bench