Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our options in the centres is very limited. Ward and Skelton I have watched the last couple of weeks and they definitely are not solid readers in play or defence. Noticed tries been scored as they struggle to turn and chase kicks in goal as they rush up to cut off plays etc. However Johnston will have a field day with Topine for this reason and will probably bag 6 tries this weekend.
Haze confidence is shot. Alamoti too.
Burns and Burton would be my Centre's tbh this weekend.

1. Wilson
2. Averillo
3. Burton
4. Burns
5. Kiraz
6. Nu Brown
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Preston
12. Morrin
13. Topine

14 . Flanagan
15. TPj
16. Edwards
17. Patolo/ RFM

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. I do know for a fact that relocation costs were included in the first year and that the club also assisted with his partner’s relocation. But you, you’ve got the Faily Telegraph :-).
That is correct.

There are other items not included in our Cap, for example the transfer fee paid to St Helens and his car.

That is the problem relying on media reported players contracts, they go for the sensational headline, the click bate draw, and as a result the values are almost always above the only amount that matters, what's in the Cap.

Always a Bulldog

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alright time to fix this line-up up:

1. J. Averillo
21. J. Skelton
3. B. Burns
2. J. Kiraz
5. B. Wilson
6. M. Burton
7. T. Sexton
8. M. King
9. R. Mahoney
10. R. Sutton
4. J. Topine
12. J. Preston
13. R. Faitala-Mariner
===
11. J. Okunbor
15. K. Morrin
16. T. Pangai Junior
23. C. Patolo

Skelton has to be there. There is no excuse left under the sun why he shouldn't be given a crack now. I've decided to push Kiraz into the centres as I see that as his future position anyway, and seeing Skelton has mostly been playing on the Wing in Reserve Grade.

I've left the starting forward pack mostly the same, just moving Okunbor to the bench and finally giving Topine a crack in his preferred position. There's no doubting Okunbor is mostly crap, but as an interchange player, his versitility between the forwards and backline is nice to have and worth using. There were a few games earlier this year when injuries occurred mid game where his ability to come onto the Wing would have been useful.

I've removed Edwards and Flanagan from the bench as they offer nothing coming on and we need size, impact and go-forward.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Topine to 2nd row or takes Flanno's spot at 14, Skelton on wing with Kiraz to centre. If Topine to bench and RFM to edge than bring Patolo into the team. Okunbor 18th man.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Odd question I know, but what happens to Alamoti, Rajab and Perham this weekend? They don't seem to be named in the NSW Cup side (but, for example, Perham could have been named at FB given that Joash is away). Will they be sitting on the sidelines in their official tracksuits cheering the team on? If it was up to me I would have definitely had Alamoti and Rajab playing in NSW Cup this weekend.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Odd question I know, but what happens to Alamoti, Rajab and Perham this weekend? They don't seem to be named in the NSW Cup side (but, for example, Perham could have been named at FB given that Joash is away). Will they be sitting on the sidelines in their official tracksuits cheering the team on? If it was up to me I would have definitely had Alamoti and Rajab playing in NSW Cup this weekend.
Mental health break

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven’t watched much NSW cup but what’s the hype with Skelton? I see everyone wanting him in FG. Read on here he doesn’t have the best defence? If that is the case, you see why they are hesitating on blooding him in.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t watched much NSW cup but what’s the hype with Skelton? I see everyone wanting him in FG. Read on here he doesn’t have the best defence? If that is the case, you see why they are hesitating on blooding him in.
I have watched a bit of him and it’s true his defence isn’t great. But we just leaked 66 friggen points so the blokes in front of him ain’t defending real good either.

He should have been picked 6 weeks ago. We get pretty ordinary carries from our back 5 out of trouble. Kiraz the only one offering anything. That leaves our powder puff forwards as sitting ducks for the rest of the set.

Skelton can be a circuit breaker here. He is a beast

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is correct.

There are other items not included in our Cap, for example the transfer fee paid to St Helens and his car.

That is the problem relying on media reported players contracts, they go for the sensational headline, the click bate draw, and as a result the values are almost always above the only amount that matters, what's in the Cap.

Always a Bulldog
Thommo was a very high profile signing that we paid top dollar for. He was billed as the best prop in the world and our Admin flew to England to meet him multiple times. Our list was also filled with meh and with the minimum cap spend it is more likely than not we paid 850k plus for him

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I've removed Edwards and Flanagan from the bench as they offer nothing coming on and we need size, impact and go-forward.
Flanno is just there to spell Reed. He is doing too much tackling which is causing him issues with the quality of work he does in attack. 15-20min spell on the bench might be just the right thing to assist. Flanno can tackle very well. At least CC is having a go with the makeup of that bench to see what works with the players we have. Not to mention he has to rotate it cause he needs a lot of these guys to go to NSW Cup to work on there games.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno is just there to spell Reed. He is doing too much tackling which is causing him issues with the quality of work he does in attack. 15-20min spell on the bench might be just the right thing to assist. Flanno can tackle very well. At least CC is having a go with the makeup of that bench to see what works with the players we have. Not to mention he has to rotate it cause he needs a lot of these guys to go to NSW Cup to work on there games.
That would make sense, but what's the best Mahoney still plays 80min and Flanagan comes on as a lock at the 75th minute?

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That trophy is bigger than the Euro soccer Cup or Champions League cup!!

Imagine Mahoney trying to lift it.... It's bigger than him!
" Imagine Mahoney trying to lift it " - that's not going to be a problem ....