Official Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont like bagging Montoya because he tries hard but last week done my head in. 2 weeks ago Jamil Fogarty got ran down by a front rower. Last week Fogarty ran straight around Montoya. And that was after Holland had dropped a sitter on the first tackle. Everyone on here knew that having those 2 in the centres would cost us the game.

And it did.
I agree. I don’t care who our centres are as long as it’s not those 2

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont like bagging Montoya because he tries hard but last week done my head in. 2 weeks ago Jamil Fogarty got ran down by a front rower. Last week Fogarty ran straight around Montoya. And that was after Holland had dropped a sitter on the first tackle. Everyone on here knew that having those 2 in the centres would cost us the game.

And it did.
Every one except Stevie Wonder could see it oops I meant Stevie Georgalis

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

And it did.
Do you blame them or do you blame the coach.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any team selection with NO Montoya and Napa in it has to be a positive. This is way better than what they’ve selected in recent weeks. Manly have been ravaged with injury so if we can’t win this then we’re assured of the wooden spoon. If we win all our last 3 games we can hopefully pass the spoon over to the Broncos. These last 3 games should be played with the mindset of a Grand Final. Go the Dogs!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we have:

1. Centre
2. Fullback
3. Winger
4. Winger
5. Winger

1 player in our backline is playing in their best position.

Also, interesting to see Tui Katoa named as a reserve.
Lucky we only have 3 more games to put up with SG selections, Hoppa our best centre at FB, Meany our only FB on the wing where he is useless.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The below looks like a fucking Picasso, but it is a much better balanced side in my opinion!

2. Nick Meaney
3. Reimis Smith
1. Will Hopoate
21. Tim Lafai
5. Jayden Okunbor
6. Jake Averillo
14. Brandon Wakeham
8. Ofahiki Ogden
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
13. Luke Thompson
16. Matthew Doorey
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
11. Josh Jackson (c)

Interchange
22. Chris Smith
15. Renouf To’omaga
7. Lachlan Lewis
17. Sauaso Sue

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This club for some reason likes playing players out of their preferred position. Meaney still not at fullback. Avo in halves only positive.
Is it the Club or the coach who picks the team.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis will be the dominant/ hero half and fuck up Avo and the rest of the side..............again
On a positive note no Holland and Montoya so that’s an improvement

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The below looks like a fucking Picasso, but it is a much better balanced side in my opinion!

2. Nick Meaney
3. Reimis Smith
1. Will Hopoate
21. Tim Lafai
5. Jayden Okunbor
6. Jake Averillo
14. Brandon Wakeham
8. Ofahiki Ogden
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
13. Luke Thompson
16. Matthew Doorey
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
11. Josh Jackson (c)

Interchange
22. Chris Smith
15. Renouf To’omaga
7. Lachlan Lewis
17. Sauaso Sue
You’re right, it does look like a Picasso.

It’s a masterpiece compared to the current selections.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you blame them or do you blame the coach.
1 million per cent the coach .

And the football department for retaining them.

The only player who I would bag for their performance in our current line up is Tolman. I think he is selfish and puts his own stats as a priority over the team.

Every other player plays as well as they can.

Compare that to the broncos where some of their players don’t even put in .

In terms of talent we comfortably have the worst roster in the comp. But due to effort alone we have been in the vast majority of games all year.

I applaud the players for this . I admonish the board and football department for the roster assembled

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
What’s the go with schoupp is he injured or to young ,why hasn’t he been given a go in the centres not like we can make the finals love to see wakeham and averillo in the halves played schoolboys together and won the arrive alive cup

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love the way posters here think it makes a difference who plays in our back line. Once our forward pack clocks off. it will be up to Lewis and Tolman to slow the try fest and that is about as sad as it gets for us. A reserve grade half back and a burned out front rower our last line of defence.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At least Montoya and Holland were finally dropped. Hoppa should be in the centres though with Reimis on the wing and Meaney at fullback..

I hope Okunbur shows us something. And I'd love to see Averillo have a good game in the halves but he'll have to go looking for the ball and be vocal as Lewis will be dominating the touches.
My thoughts precisely! Watch Lewis hog the plays and not giving Jake a fair go!!