Round 16 Discussion Thread - Non Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yet they blab on about player safety but yet do nothing about it. They shoved McKinnon down our throats and since than players like Luke vella aren't looked after. #riseforlukevella
What is happening with young Luke Vella? Spoke to his mum and dad at the Brewery a few times last year and nothing doing then.

You would think that the nature of the game itself being a full body contact sport would have made it obligatory for the NRL to have permanent and sensible programs in place to look after the players. Seems though that unless you are high profile or play first grade it doesn't count much for the duty of care aspect. NRL just keep a low profile and hope it goes away. We are hearing more and more of ex-players falling on hard times, a bit too late for them but not ones currently in the game I would think.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn'tknow The Rock played for the Broncos....Damn!
Good aye mate; the only rocks around the Broncos at the moment are the ones in some players heads.Lol. Or the ones they throw at other people, because let's face it they do no wrong.

Love the Rock...can you SMeeellllllllll what the Rock...is... cooking?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good aye mate; the only rocks around the Broncos at the moment are the ones in some players heads.Lol. Or the ones they throw at other people, because let's face it they do no wrong.

Love the Rock...can you SMeeellllllllll what the Rock...is... cooking?
The Rock is one of my all time favorite werstlers and celebrity.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is happening with young Luke Vella? Spoke to his mum and dad at the Brewery a few times last year and nothing doing then.

You would think that the nature of the game itself being a full body contact sport would have made it obligatory for the NRL to have permanent and sensible programs in place to look after the players. Seems though that unless you are high profile or play first grade it doesn't count much for the duty of care aspect. NRL just keep a low profile and hope it goes away. We are hearing more and more of ex-players falling on hard times, a bit too late for them but not ones currently in the game I would think.
It's sickening to the think the NRL don't practice what they preach. Something must change

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JT not playing, changes everything considering Cowboys have been scraping home.

I knew i should not have picked Canberra

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
barba playing will cancel out the missing thurston, plus asiata will be in there at second receiver shortly

all the idiots who denied my draft team should be taking notes tbh

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Barba is back

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
FFS thanks Cowboys... now Sharks leapfrog us.

Bloody Benchamin Barba.
I'm glad. It means we have to up our game instead of cruising to the finals.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Where is wolfyy?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
[video=youtube;lveBmRsxOwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lveBmRsxOwo[/video]

How did Matai not implode with this effort?

Belter of a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.