Official Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Discussion Thread

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking great thread so far. Shame it's more entertaining than the game will be

How did we fuck up the development contracts so bad....otherwise we could have been giving Schoup, Tass and Kotoa a run. I mean seriously what is the point of choosing players who wont be there next year - how does it help us to have Montoya, Holland and Tolman in the team? Isn't Roumonas on a development contract - give him a go, even if he's not ready for FG, he cant be any worse than Tolman

WTF is wrong with this club. Why doesnt Hill get involved and tell SG not to pick them? I agree with the idea of sacking SG and putting Sherwin in charge - that's a fantastic idea.

I understand why Avo was dropped but surely putting him at 5/8 would be better than Lewis?

I had high hopes for Thommo but if they've already dropped him, I mean "rested" him, then we might have another flop on our hands.

It'll be a miracle if I last 10 minutes watching this crap.

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS:
Tui Katoa, Matt Doorey, James Roumanos, Tyrone Harding, Sebastian Winters-Chang.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t like the negativity. We are all frustrated but bagging players, some of them long-term like Tolman is unacceptable. He served his time, played two GFs for us - please.

Hasler drove the club into the ground and left us with huge financial issues. We simply lack first grade level players.

The club until recently lacked the funds and when they started to flow, hopeless recruitment has let down. We have been off track for years.

I refuse to bag Pay because he was an awesome player and tough **** on the field. Personally I don’t think he had a fair go as a coach. Maybe he couldn’t coach, dont know, but he and Georgallis have no quality players to work with.

Now we’re bagging Georgallis - after last week’s...wtf do people want him to do? If he picks the same players he gets hit - our left side D was like a marshmallow A grade side. And the only replacements we have are players we also know will struggle - which takes us back to point one and two.

We need new players, a coach who can attract them and coach them.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m thinking SG has applied for a job with the Broncos! And they may have made a deal that if he makes sure we get the wooden spoon, that he might be considered! That would explain some of his ridiculous selections!!

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we know the squad is terrible and our leaders don't seem able to turn the losing mentality around ( there are games we should have closed out recently) That said some selections seem puzzling but i will be watching Sunday night, as much as i tell myself through the week i cant be bothered.

DogDayAfternoon

Waterboy
Reaction score
Poor. In so many ways. And Lewis back as the highlight ... Cogger will be better off anywhere than here with this yo yo rubbish.
2020. The gift that keeps giving.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis is a better defender than Cogger, so SG plan might be to lose by 50 instead of losing by 60.
Ok so let me get this straight.... all the tries in the warriors game came down Foran's side, so replace cogger with Lewis because of 'defense' , even though lewis' defense is garbage.. he may be able to tackle but his reads in defence are atrocious.. he's leaking more than a try a game according the NRL stats..... ok I'm starting to get this coaching thing... I just need to hit myself in the head with a claw hammer and I'll be on georgallis' level..

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The kennel mentality ..

Bag lafai , cogger , Thompson , averillo and whine that they’re a waste

They get dropped .

Kennel in a meltdown over their replacements .

There’s a reason why we’re last !

You can’t polish a turd [emoji90]

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kennel mentality ..

Bag lafai , cogger , Thompson , averillo and whine that they’re a waste

They get dropped .

Kennel in a meltdown over their replacements .

There’s a reason why we’re last !

You can’t polish a turd [emoji90]
Like I said, no matter who plays this year, we always lose because our whole roster sucks.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still 17 vs 17, hope they play well and shut down Papali and Croker, Bulldogs never quit!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Still 17 vs 17, hope they play well and shut down Papali and Croker, Bulldogs never quit!
Papalli through the middle with the late offload and their edge forwards are the danger. Croker is average these days.