Official Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Discussion Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking forward to a Lewis special cut out pass, striaght over the sideline and into the viking horn

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 16 Team News: Lewis returns to take on Raiders

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have made a number of changes for this weekend's clash against the Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium on Sunday evening (6:30PM AEST).
In a shake up of the halves, Lachlan Lewis will return to partner Kieran Foran, with Jack Cogger named on an extended bench.

A number of other changes see:
  • Marcelo Montoya replace Tim Lafai in the centres
  • Dallin Watene-Zelezniak return on the wing in place of Reimis Smith
  • Dylan Napa come back into the starting side after missing a week through suspension
  • Aiden Tolman start in the number 13 jersey
  • Renouf To'omaga come back on to the bench
  • Dean Britt return to the bench after recovering from a back injury
  • Matt Doorey drop out of the starting side back to the bench
  • Luke Thompson and Jake Averillo have been rested for this round. Averillo has been given the chance to clear up some niggling soreness, while Thompson, after playing in seven matches after a period in quarantine, has been given the week off to rest
Match: Raiders v Bulldogs
ROUND 16 - SUNDAY 30TH AUGUST
6:30pm

Venue:GIO Stadium, Canberra
Match broadcasters:
  • Kayo
  • Foxtel
  • Live Pass

No.PlayerSponsor
1Will HopoateMiramax
2Nick MeaneyCanterbury League Club
3Marcelo MontoyaDaily Press
4Kerrod HollandSydney Freezers
5Dallin Watene-ZelezniakRemondis
6Kieran ForanReliable Food Distributors
7Lachlan LewisHitachi Cooling & Heating
8Ofahiki OgdenHy-Tec
9Jeremy Marshall-KingUltimate Security
10Dylan NapaTLH Group
11Josh Jackson (C)Guardian Venue Management
12Raymond Faitala-MarinerDental on Evaline
13Aiden TolmanYour Property People
Interchange
14Sione KatoaM&J Chickens
15Renouf To’omagaClassic Sportswear
16Dean BrittCPe Australia
17Matthew DooreySydney Tools
Extended Bench
19Luke Thompson
20Jack Cogger
21Reimis Smith
22Tim Lafai
Thompson must be tired of lugging around that heavy wallet, the useless ****!!!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are lucky to have one still... They seem to have all disappeared in the Liverpool/Fairfield area.. they were everywhere when I was growing up.. I really miss those fat chips wrapped up in butchers paper...
Loved my local greasy Joe's growing up. Newspaper with wax paper inside was the go when I was a kid, shop made chips and potato scallops made by Con and Voula covered in dead horse or vinegar.

Rip a hole in the top of the wrap bag and then heaven.. If super fancy take home and eat on a plate with buttered bread for sandwich nirvana...

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loved my local greasy Joe's growing up. Newspaper with wax paper inside was the go when I was a kid, shop made chips and potato scallops made by Con and Voula covered in dead horse or vinegar.

Rip a hole in the top of the wrap bag and then heaven.. If super fancy take home and eat on a plate with buttered bread for sandwich nirvana...
It's so hard to find that sort of thing anymore.. you can find it still, but it's usually off the beaten track..

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these changes each week is not SG's decision. He is rotating to give TB a look at every player and to give them a chance to prove themselves.
Like it or not this is the real reason.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are lucky to have one still... They seem to have all disappeared in the Liverpool/Fairfield area.. they were everywhere when I was growing up.. I really miss those fat chips wrapped up in butchers paper...
Still quite a few locally where I live. Still run by Aussies too. But majority are definitely Asian these days

Reactions: GDR

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these changes each week is not SG's decision. He is rotating to give TB a look at every player and to give them a chance to prove themselves.
You don’t reckon T Baz has already seen enough of Holland , Montoya , Lewis , etc ??

I infinitely fear for our future if our next coach needs to see more of these palookas play in order to decide if they are first graders.

I will give him a tip. They farkin ain’t !!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don’t reckon T Baz has already seen enough of Holland , Montoya , Lewis , etc ??

I infinitely fear for our future if our next coach needs to see more of these palookas play in order to decide if they are first graders.

I will give him a tip. They farkin ain’t !!
I'm not doubting what you are saying but seriously when no one is stepping up and the talent isnt there what options are there then? I guess it's just the start of TB saying if you don't perform you get dropped. I know Holland right? lol ....I'm here if you need me for counciling because this weekend could get ugly lol

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay wasnt this stupid.

SG is a dead set dope.

No coach changes a centre during a game unless there is an injury/HIA

He replaces Lafai with Avo during the game, mind you Avo is not a centre.

Next week he drops Lafai and Averillo for - MARCELO MONTOYA!

SG you dickhead
Against Melbourne he replaced Averillo after about 15 minutes - claimed it was a hip injury - based on the reaction of Averillo i really believe. He was hooked and then "rested"

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is a better defender than Cogger, so SG plan might be to lose by 50 instead of losing by 60.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lafai shows a bit of form and gets dumped.
The only good thing is the funny shit in this thread.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scrubs is seriously one of my all time favourite shows and Dr Cox is my favourite character.
Me too, it's my favourite sitcom of all time. I watch it everytime it's on the comedy channel. The last 2 seasons sucked but the first 7 are gold
I love Dr Cox but the janitor would have to be my favourite character - were both weirdos

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rubbish.

In last weeks loss, straight after the game at the press conference SG said there will be changes this coming week.

So you're telling everyone, Barrett either called or SMS' SG right before the press conference?