Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good to see some posters come back on after a win lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
yeah i agree, i think it'd do jmk good to have no real responsibility and to just let him run late in the half
Exactly, let him run amok and play what's in front of him.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis had the better kicking game and led the team around. Jmk had a hand in one try assist and scored a simple pickup

Ok if Smith's a problem, What do we say about Montoya conceding so many tries off his wing? Are we going to use the same excuse for Holland?
Just refer to the initial reactions to both frawley and jmk's debuts before we start to get too excited. I will admit montoya has made some defensive errors like every winger has but about 80% of the ones he gets blamed for on here are because foran and hoppa get beaten on the outside and he has to jam in. I've seen people on here suggest he just 'stay on his wing' when teams have a 4 on 2 overlap

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So it was all YOUR Fault!
Haha I don’t think so. I’ve missed a few of our losses this year and caught 2.5 of our other wins.... (only caught second half of the Penrith win.)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On a completely unrelated note. The Mrs put on the Hawthorn Vs GWS AFL game straight after the Dogs game (she's a Knights supporter BTW)

The first thing I heard when she switched it was "Frawley kicks the ball to Morris...son"

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Montoya had his best game of the season tonight, largely due to not letting in a try lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just refer to the initial reactions to both frawley and jmk's debuts before we start to get too excited. I will admit montoya has made some defensive errors like every winger has but about 80% of the ones he gets blamed for on here are because foran and hoppa get beaten on the outside and he has to jam in. I've seen people on here suggest he just 'stay on his wing' when teams have a 4 on 2 overlap
I don't expect Lewis to be the best young talent in the league. But at the very least he's now gaining valuable experience in first grade. Given today's performance he's miles in front of frawley and jmk (the fact that he actually has a kicking game) and the fact pay sees this day in day out at training and left him out of the top 30 squad makes me question his coaching abilities.

Montoya has his fair share of blame in a lot of those tries. They weren't all 4 on 2 overlaps where he had to jam in. There were plenty where he jammed in when he didn't need to

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson and Martin 80 mins, Klemmer 74 minutes. Ogden eased in with 27.

Lewis was puffing at the end but absolutely brilliant effort from him.

Intrust got toweled up today, but look at how the players that would have been there who were promoted played.
Not sure how many tackles Lewis made but I bet he was up there he tackled his heart out

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We really missed Woods game turning errors and Mbye’s 3 missed conversions didn’t we!
How good was it to give away legit penalties for a change and have a goal kicker. What a difference we didn’t get canned in penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.