Official Round 15 - Dogs vs Sharks - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I know why Dean Pay likes to drop our best players....

....it's to keep them fresh for the finals
you mean Mad Monday... Elliotts best performance as a bulldog..

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
What a superb looking team, my drinking habit has increased.

Thanks Mr Pay

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets be real guys.

The difference between Pay picking the team WE want, and the team HE wants is probably 20 points.

We can either lose 50-6, or 30-6.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets be real guys.

The difference between Pay picking the team WE want, and the team HE wants is probably 20 points.

We can either lose 50-6, or 30-6.
Im praying for sharks to sink us 70 to 6.
So next week, we can say good bye to deano.
Best outcome at this point.
Griffin is not a team player as a coach.
If holbrook is not coming, put toovey in there for the minute.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Chuck in Barrett
Just so the Turbo brothers come over

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Im praying for sharks to sink us 70 to 6.
So next week, we can say good bye to deano.
Best outcome at this point.
Griffin is not a team player as a coach.
If holbrook is not coming, put toovey in there for the minute.
Seriously ................ Toovey ........... you're kidding right, another Manly reject, next it will be Barrett FFS.

How many players are we going to attract if we flick Pay, after just extending his contract, appoint Toovey for half a year and then appoint someone else next year. Sure, that's a very attractive proposition for a player thinking about joining us, 3 different coaches in a year and a half.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Question: I know that players aren't allowed to bet on games (not that the NRL can actually stop them), but can coaches?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously ................ Toovey ........... you're kidding right, another Manly reject, next it will be Barrett FFS.

How many players are we going to attract if we flick Pay, after just extending his contract, appoint Toovey for half a year and then appoint someone else next year. Sure, that's a very attractive proposition for a player thinking about joining us, 3 different coaches in a year and a half.

Go Dogs
Name another coach you can get mid season ?
Stupid argument. Toovey would have no problem getting this playing group playing better.
Or attracting players.
Yeah stick with pay. Your kidding right ?
Your getting worse ya goose

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would definitely be making enquires with Toovey.

I'd tell Toovey he has an opportunity to earn himself a 3 year deal if he can bring over both the brothers.

Bring them over and its a done deal, otherwise, no deal

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I would definitely be making enquires with Toovey.

I'd tell Toovey he has an opportunity to earn himself a 3 year deal if he can bring over both the brothers.

Bring them over and its a done deal, otherwise, no deal
What if the Bros say no way, he was hopeless at Manly, fark no, we aren’t playing for Toovey?

Go Dogs

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What if the Bros say no way, he was hopeless at Manly, fark no, we aren’t playing for Toovey?

Go Dogs
So its either Bennett or Bellamy, otherwise we must stick it out with Dean Pay?

Mate, Toovey took Manly to the 2013 GF and if they wernt robbed by the refs they would of won the premiership that Day.

Toovey inherited a salary cap brothel just like we have here, not to mention old broken down players - Stewart bros, Matai, Watmough. Once again, similar to the ones we have here.

Tooveys Manly side did not get the spoon, nor were they in anyway terrbile like us the last few years. They battled through, but definitely were not shit and embarrassing like what we are.

In your opinion, Toovey was hopeless? Than what the fuck is Dean Pay?

Toovey just lost out to Fittler for the NSW role, so he was highly regarded by the state.

It is either Toovey or Flanagan, though the later wont be allowed back till atleast 2021.

It would be a dream to get Toovey at the Dogs, taking the Turbo bros. from under Des' watch and returning Foran back to Des

Vamos Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh boy I don’t care!

What a crap season , worst in a long time an most disinterested I’ve been ever!!!

Hope our boys fluke a win under the worst coach!

Banned
Reaction score
Be careful with that. They have a very dim view of hashtag spam and have already banned people from the Facebook page for spamming it with #selectLewis.
Fuck them if they censor the voice of the very reason they exist/are employed!

I think the club should also
1. Explain Selections
2. Stop lying to us about stuff
3. Be honest
4. Listen to us and our desires

Now I know why Dean Pay likes to drop our best players....

....it's to keep them fresh for the finals
Nah bro, it's to stop others poaching his best players :tongueclosed::tearsofjoy::laughing:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the club aren't moving on Pay because they are waiting for this bloke to get sacked so they can employ him.

upload_2019-6-27_0-18-11.png

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So its either Bennett or Bellamy, otherwise we must stick it out with Dean Pay?
Mate, Toovey took Manly to the 2013 GF and if they wernt robbed by the refs they would of won the premiership that Day.
Toovey inherited a salary cap brothel just like we have here, not to mention old broken down players - Stewart bros, Matai, Watmough. Once again, similar to the ones we have here.
Tooveys Manly side did not get the spoon, nor were they in anyway terrbile like us the last few years. They battled through, but definitely were not shit and embarrassing like what we are.
In your opinion, Toovey was hopeless? Than what the fuck is Dean Pay?
Toovey just lost out to Fittler for the NSW role, so he was highly regarded by the state.
It is either Toovey or Flanagan, though the later wont be allowed back till atleast 2021.
It would be a dream to get Toovey at the Dogs, taking the Turbo bros. from under Des' watch and returning Foran back to Des
Vamos Dogs
From memory, Toovey inherited a pretty damn good group of players in 2012 that was hand picked and moulded into a team by Hasler. They went very well that year and kept the group mostly together for 2013, where they finished 2nd. But then a few players retired and some were moved on (like Glenn Stewart) due to salary cap issues and Toovey's "recruits" didn't measure up to the same standard and they slipped in 2014. Even more so in 2015, where they were dead last until Toovey was moved on and then, with the same playing group, recovered to almost make the 8. What I can't recall is who was the coach for the remainder of 2015, Barrett maybe?

Go Dogs

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From memory, Toovey inherited a pretty damn good group of players in 2012 that was hand picked and moulded into a team by Hasler. They went very well that year and kept the group mostly together for 2013, where they finished 2nd. But then a few players retired and some were moved on (like Glenn Stewart) due to salary cap issues and Toovey's "recruits" didn't measure up to the same standard and they slipped in 2014. Even more so in 2015, where they were dead last until Toovey was moved on and then, with the same playing group, recovered to almost make the 8. What I can't recall is who was the coach for the remainder of 2015, Barrett maybe?

Go Dogs
They were actually 11th when Toovey got sacked, and had a bad run with injury’s that year
And recruits? Bloke could hardly buy a sausage with how des left the salary cap
Toovey was hard done by, and a victim of haslers pathetic salary cap management

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Justin Holebrook. Worked with dogs before aswell as being trent robinsons assistant at the roosters
I would have him over toovey barrett or Flanagan
Plus he might bring some quality ESL players on the cheap ie like the raiders have done

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There are experienced coaches out there, who are obviously better and more experienced than Dean Pay.

We have to take a gamble with one of them if we are after "experience" otherwise you are stuck with rookies and crapola, and Bellamy, Bennett pipe dreams are just that.

It's either one or the other. No other options available. It's Experience vs Rookie

Anthony Griffin
Shane Flanagan (pending.....)
Geoff Toovey
Tim Sheens

My first pick would be Flanagan than Toovey

@TwinTurbo im waiting for you to quote me and reject every coach i have mentioned, because you know, you know everything about everything and Dean Pay is the ADONIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.