Round 15 - Dogs vs Panthers - NRL Team List and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this will happen. Origin players if OK will back up. Hodko "rested" . Also think we may know this week or early next week where Hodko is going. If NSW lose tomorrow the mail is Adam Reynolds will play game III. If they win Hodko goes to Suncorp.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually there was some interesting info on Triple M Rush Hour tonight about this whole team selection.

They were talking about it and why Des would do it.

Apparently there was a VERY strong rumour that just before Origin 1, Des was about to drop Hodko to NSW Cup. Of course when he got picked for Origin that idea went out the window.

They reckon what Des is doing, is not naming any Origin players, so the media can't ask any questions about Hodkinson being dropped, until an hour before game kicks off. Stops the media hassling players and our team, during prep for this weeks game.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually there was some interesting info on Triple M Rush Hour tonight about this whole team selection.

Apparently there was a VERY strong rumour that just before Origin 1, Des was about to drop Hodko to NSW Cup. Of course when he got picked for Origin that idea went out the window.

They reckon what Des is doing, is not naming any Origin players, so the media can't ask any questions about Hodkinson being dropped, until an hour before game kicks off. Stops the media hassling players and our team, during prep for this weeks game.
Yep, avoids the Lara Pitt scenario.

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score

Strange scenario but highly likely something Des would do

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anywho, this game should be easy for us. Half the panthers team is injured? Soward is in DOUBT to play.

Hoping our players back up after origin.
Famous last words :rip:

I wouldnt get to confident, we are more then capable of losing games like this like we did last year.
Yep. Its happened too many times in the past.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team Lists now posted.

Getting a bit sick of Des doing the whole "this is not the team that will play but I'm posting it anyway" thing.

I'd be surprised if the NRL don't bring in rules soon that you can't change more than x number of players from the Team List without getting fined.
Mr I don't give Greenberg and his cronies any ideas please!!! Let them go and financially rape and pillage some other clubs with their fines.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Providing we get through Origin unscathed this is the team I'd like to see play Panthers:

1. Brett Morris
2. Curtis Rona
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Moses Mbye
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Lichaa
10. David Klemmer
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Josh Jackson
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Shaun Lane
15. Sam Kasiano
16. Tim Browne
17. Herman Ese’ese

NSW Cup
6. Matt Frawley
7. Trent Hodkinson
[video=youtube;28GLa9T2CtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GLa9T2CtI[/video]

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

So maybe I was right after all? We can only hope....

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like we did last week!!! Even with all the outs we should have been the Titans easily.
We lost easy games at full strength against half maned sides last year, last week we had kinda had an excuse. If our origin boys backup we will be near full strength and the panthers are missing players so it should be interesting.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We make a habit of beating strong teams fairly often (Last years final series is proof enough) but have a habit of faltering against weaker sides.

FYI This side selection is just so Hasler. Makes it easier for him to pick who actually runs out on the day, saves him having to front the media about why certain players aren't picked. You can bet the house that if Hodkinson/Mbye aren't selected the media will fly into a frenzy and make something out of nothing. Bloody parasites

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If the named team takes the field, Des is throwing the game.

Or proving a point about origin.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Presuming all our Origin II reps will be fit to back up against the Panthers, why weren't they named in the V Panthers side? Just asking... that's all. :yo:
Come on guys get real. Look at last weeks presser will you...the answer lies there. Des clearly states that during Origin...The NRL doesnt matter.......as it doesnt matter he has a moral obligation to keep our Origin stars fit and healthy and rested for Origin 3 and just run out the same team as last week. Why risk injury to an Origin star by playing a meaningless NRL game? THAT makes no sense at all....

Just like last year, Origin will cruel our season. Whether we can make the same run to the GF from the bottom half of the 8 ...only time will tell. It doesnt matter anyway the GF,,,,Origin is all that matters...the NRL is just a feeder competition to Origin.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Overseas with an hour of internet to pay some bills. FFS! How did we not roll the tits? So dissapointing. Good luck to the boys this week, I'll still throw on the jersey come game day and spread the gospel around Patong. UP THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS!!!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt it make sense for Des to rest Hokko after Origin anyway?....hes bound to have sore knees. Nudge nudge wink wink...Hokko has picked up a corked thigh or ankle strain or hammy strain....no sorry you have to be able to run to strain your hammy...without anyone being able to say the NSW Origin halfback has been dropped.This way...Hokko and anyone else from Origin can be rested as they are not named.

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des hasler, the jose mourinho of the nrl loves his mind games

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I still have NFI why Daley chose a terribley out of form Hod for origin to begin with. Havent though of any reason yet. Maybe tonight in origin 2, Hod might show me. Can only hope.

As far as Panfers go, they will be without Soward and are a pretty average team without him. We should steamroll them. Hope the boys dont go in complacent, and even if they get up by 30, they keep trying, coz we need the F/A improvement badly.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well SUPPOSIDELY if you believe the grapevine, Hasler and Daley talk to each other.

Perhaps the word went out that Dogs aren't keeping Hodko, and Daley felt sorry for him.

Daley claims he wanted the same halves as last year, so why drop Reynolds? That suggests an alternative reason for choosing Hodko. My guess is Hasler tipped of Daley that this might be Hodkos last year in the NRL, so Daley has put him into Origin on that alone.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well SUPPOSIDELY if you believe the grapevine, Hasler and Daley talk to each other.

Perhaps the word went out that Dogs aren't keeping Hodko, and Daley felt sorry for him.

Daley claims he wanted the same halves as last year, so why drop Reynolds? That suggests an alternative reason for choosing Hodko. My guess is Hasler tipped of Daley that this might be Hodkos last year in the NRL, so Daley has put him into Origin on that alone.

somehow I don't think that would be the scenario... daley comes across as wanting to win at all costs ... he wouldn't pick hokko on emotion... I think he honestly believes he is
the best option at his disposal .... contrary to the opinion of almost everyone in the league world ....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a real fear klemmer will go nuts tonight and get suspended,loved the old days with different rules in origin

Status
Not open for further replies.